Terinox is offline The One & Only

Weird Lower Back/Ass Pain...

Alright, before Palme or Abstrack can make any crude comments, no, I'm not gay, and I did not get fucked up the ass, so the pain isn't from that.

It is very weird to describe, it is in my lower back, right at my left ass cheek, and it is ALSO in the left ass cheek (feels like really deep inside), and also it shoots down my left thigh, almost to my knee, but not quite.

Now, the thing is, it doesn't always hurt, it's only if i'm sitting in a weird position, or when I stand up, or if I try to bend in a sideways manner or some shit like that. But when the pain strikes, it's excruciating, VERY intense, and you almost feel like screaming out loud (which I have done several times).

Now, couple questions:

1. Any idea wut it is from? Or wut has caused this pain? I thought it might be my bed, but it's not, then thought maybe my left shoe (sometimes it can affect your lower back) BUT it's only my left side, so I doubt it.

2. Can this pain be cause by Clomid or Nolvadex ? Because I am currently on Clomid therapy (last 10 days at 50mg a day), also taking 10mg of Nolva, just to be safe gyno. doesn't suddenly decide to make a play.

Now, I've made a doctor's appointment, and I'll be going in on Monday, but I was hoping someone here could shed some light if they might have any ideas. Also, this pain has been occuring for about 3-4 weeks, I just kept hoping it would go away by itself.

Thnx,
    T.

palme is offline Rosie Member

Re: Weird Lower Back/Ass Pain...

Originally posted by Terinox
    Alright, before Palme or Abstrack can make any crude comments, no, I'm not gay, and I did not get fucked up the ass, so the pain isn't from that.
    Dude i had a good one but now i cant use it

I doubt itīs the clomid or nolva. Never heard of ass pains from after cycle therapy anyway.

Maybe youve strained your ass?

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    It's your sciatic nerve. I did something to my back years ago...and I could feel the back pain shoot through my leg. Nothing but time would heal mine.

http://www.back.com/symptoms-sciatica.html

Originally posted by Money Boss Hustla
    It's your sciatic nerve. I did something to my back years ago...and I could feel the back pain shoot through my leg. Nothing but time would heal mine.

http://www.back.com/symptoms-sciatica.html
    DAMN, I read that, and it sounds exactly what I'm experienced. Thanks a lot Money, that is some MAJOR help there!! I'll see wut the doctor has to say, and if he agrees that it is the sciatic nerve. I'm worried he'll say don't lift/workout! My job involves driving a forklift, and picking up light to heavy boxes! This is NOT good news!!

Man o man!

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Good luck Terinox!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Terinox

Thanks a lot Money, that is some MAJOR help there!!
    No prob. Like everyone else here I help when I can.

shodude is offline New Member
    Sounds like you have a tight Piriformis muscle which is pinching your sciatic nerve. In most people the sciatic nerve exits below the piriformis and above the Superior Gemellus. Sometimes it exits through the piriformis. Either way, it is very easy to have a tight piriformis cause this problem and you should look up some stretches online for it. I'm not very good at describing the necessary stretches so I will just let you do it.

Originally posted by shodude
    Sounds like you have a tight Piriformis muscle which is pinching your sciatic nerve. In most people the sciatic nerve exits below the piriformis and above the Superior Gemellus. Sometimes it exits through the piriformis. Either way, it is very easy to have a tight piriformis cause this problem and you should look up some stretches online for it. I'm not very good at describing the necessary stretches so I will just let you do it.
    Thanks for the additional info there shodude, I will look into the exercises right now, thnx

jollyroger is offline New Member
    Money Boss and shodude sound right on. I had the same thing last year. The piriformis becomes very tight. In my case I ended up having a herniated disc that was pressing on my sciatic nerve. After 2 months of conventional treatment (chiro, muscle relaxants, pain killers) I ended up having surgery. I would stretch the piriformis (a muscle underlying the gluteous maximus). This will help. Hopefully stretching is all you will need. Good luck and keep us posted!

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Say you hurt it at work and get workman's comp all summer.

Originally posted by arthurb999
    Say you hurt it at work and get workman's comp all summer.
    Hahaha, I wish I could man. But my job is just a temp. summer job, so I wouldn't qualify. I'm just an hourly wage guy.

I think the exercises will work. I felt much much better today, just finding out wut it is that's actually causing the pain helps a lot too. I tried some of the exercises today, it's not bad. Basic stretched, with one leg bent over the other one, while you pull your leg in towards your chest. Doing that a couple times, I could really feel the stretch.

I really hope it's not the serious kind of sciatica, hopefully mine is much less serious, and hopefully these stretches will help out. I'm still gonna go to the doctor tomorrow (Monday), and see what he says. I'll keep you all posted.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Since when is an hourly wage guy exempt from workman's comp?

Originally posted by arthurb999
    Since when is an hourly wage guy exempt from workman's comp?
    I'm not sure at all bro, but it is Canada (eh?), haha, and I am only there for summer help, but either way, it won't matter

I went to the doctor, he made me take off my pants and my shirt, i was standing in my undies!!

So, he made me bend over, sideways, backwards, etc... and then I lay on my back, and lifted both my legs up straight. He told me that he really doubts it's the sciatic nerve, or a pinched nerve problem because I wouldn't be able to do those things. However, he did say it is likely to be the piriformis, and that it is probably just muscle pain. Told me to apply heat, and take 2 advil if I feel the pain intensly. Also, told me to do those exercises which I actually found on that site, www.back.com (thanks to Money!). So, I'm gonna do as he said, rest, heat it up, do those exercises 2-3 times a day and see wut happens. I'll keep you posted. Should go away in 1-2 weeks

Thread Information