Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LORDBLiTZ Guest

Girl w/ diarrhea craps herself after an Old Navy store refuses to her to use restroom

Got this off MM. The manager of the store should be shot!

Shopping Turns Nightmarish With No Bathroom Access
    Teen's Crohn's Condition Prompts Legislative Assistance

http://www.nbc5.com/health/3663327/detail.html

CHICAGO -- A Chicago-area teenager's trip to a well-known clothing store turned into a humiliating nightmare recently when, despite her medical condition, she was denied access to a bathroom.

HealthWatch reporter Nesita Kwan talked with 14-year-old Ally Bain following the incident and learned that the teen's summer days are much like those of other teenagers.

http://www.nbc5.com/slideshow/healt...409/detail.html

She plays with friends, she's a budding young painter who spends time on her artwork and, like most teens, she likes to shop. But, Ally also has Crohn's disease, a sometimes severe and painful inflammation of the intestine that is often accompanied by uncontrollable diarrhea.

"When I have to go to the bathroom, I have to go at that time," the teen told NBC5.

Due to her illness, Ally has a card that explains the situation, just in case she finds herself somewhere with no public restroom. Kwan said that she's only used the card once, at the Old Navy store in Norridge.

Her mother, Lisa Bain, told Kwan that the two of them had one of the worst experiences in their lives at the store.

"I told my mom I had to go to the bathroom, and she said 'OK,'" Ally recalled of their day at Old Navy.

The Bains say they waited 5 - 10 minutes for the manager to arrive and give them permission, but even with the card, the answer was "no."

"So, my mom was saying that I really do need to go, and I started crying because it gets really hard to hold it," Ally said.

"He just kept saying, 'I'm making a managerial decision and we don't have a public washroom,'" Lisa Bain said.

The two went back and forth, and "then it happened," Kwan said. The teen lost control and soiled herself in her most embarrassing moment, right in the store.

"When I couldn't hold it anymore, it was very humiliating. I felt like people knew that it happened," Ally said.

Her mother said she can't recall ever being so frustrated and angry.

"He didn't pay any attention to the fact that she was crying," Lisa Bain said of the store manager. "There was no compassion."

Furious, Lisa Bain bought her daughter a change of clothes, left the store and immediately began calling Old Navy officials.

"She wanted an apology and a promise this would not happen again," Kwan said.

"I don't want her to have to go through that, or others like her," the concerned mother told NBC5.

More than two months later, the company released a statement (it refused an on-camera interview):

"As a direct result of this incident, we have clarified our policy on customer use of non-public restrooms ... If it's due to an emergency (a restroom) must be made available."

"We wanted to make it better for me and anyone else it might happen to," Ally said.

Kwan said that NBC5 asked an Old Navy representative if the store manager in question was reprimanded or fired. The company declined to answer questions about a specific employee's record due to privacy issues, but NBC5 learned that, as of last week, the individual was still employed as a manager at the Norridge store.

Ally and Lisa Bain have contacted Illinois state legislator Kathy Ryg about the incident. Ryg has agreed to sponsor a bill making it illegal to refuse use of a bathroom in cases of special need.

For more information about that proposed bill, e-mail Ryg at this address.

jon rock is offline Associate Member
    I sh1t myself all the time. no biggie.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    have you ever **** on yourself or come close and linked it to the protein shakes??

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    She should have placed herself up on one of the sale bins..or in that blue chevy pick-up thy have in all the stores-and sprayed sh1t all over that bastard.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    THe manager should be killed.. I have ulcers and colitis and although its not as bad as crohns when i have to go i have to go, i would have beat that managers ASS

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    She shoulda climbed in the middle of one of those round clothes racks, pulled her pants down, and let er rip

decadbal is offline Banned
    everyone knows theres no public restrooms there. im not seeing the problem... rules are rules

when i worked in the gap which is a division of banana republic/old navy there was a private bathroom and public.. if the public was out of order with a managers approval a non employee could use the private bathroom (they ALWAYS gave approval unless you wanted to bring cloths in there with you)

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    everyone knows theres no public restrooms there. im not seeing the problem... rules are rules
    That's BS man. You can't deny someone the right to use the restroom and force them to deficate all over themself in public...that's just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    That's BS man. You can't deny someone the right to use the restroom and force them to deficate all over themself in public...that's just wrong.
    My point exactly especially she had the card on her

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Poor thing!

OG

decadbal is offline Banned
    there are bathrooms all over the mall, she felt it and denied the pleasure of droppin the bomb till she couldnt hold the fat man in

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jon rock
    I sh1t myself all the time. no biggie.

Its the crack.

she was waiting for the manager and as she said she NEVER was denied before so she probably didnt think it was a problem.....

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    there are bathrooms all over the mall, she felt it and denied the pleasure of droppin the bomb till she couldnt hold the fat man in
    Wrong but funny

mass junkie is offline banned
    Sounds like a real shi*ty situation

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Sounds like a real shi*ty situation
    Yeah, she sh*tten have waited so long

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    That's wrong............... He should have his ass beat and then made to **** his own pants.

What harm is it to let someone use the restroom? I hope he finds himself in the same situation.......... karma is a bitch.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I agree that it was wrong that disease doesn't give someone enough time to walk aroung the mall to find a restroom. That card should have been enough, this is where I would have blown my "Christian" cool (repented later of course!) but hurt that guy if it was my child.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I feel awful for her.. poor girl..

Danielle is offline Female Member
    that's horrible..........i hate when they do that sh!t........my friend had to lie and say she was pregant once just so she could use the bathroom
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Yeah, that's just wrong on so many levels. Danielle, you are killin me with that dam avatar...

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    she waited 10 minutes.. then argued for how long..??

it's a mall.. go to the bathroom.. or wear huggies if you have that much of a problem..

It's not the worlds problem to acommodate everyone....
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    it's a mall.. go to the bathroom.. or wear huggies if you have that much of a problem..
    Since when is compasion and helping out a fellow human being a problem?

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Spy, Have you ever had to take a crap so badly that all you could do is stand there and squeeze your cheeks together? On step and it's all over (literally!) Not to mention taking a brisk walk to find a bathroom!

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    With Crohns, you don't have the ability to venture off into the mall looking for a bathroom, I think that the Old Navy BR was about as far as she could manage.. from my perspective anyways.. just a thought...

Not all Old Navy's are in shopping malls............... some are open on thier on property....... some in "strip malls", and yes in big malls................... that's not the point he should have let her use the restroom.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    have you ever **** on yourself or come close and linked it to the protein shakes??
    no joke, something about those shakes at times

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Well, way i see it is she got herself into the sh*t.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    i dont see why they didnt just walk right by the dip**** manager to the bathroom???...if he would have touched them it could have been assult, and im sure he wouldnt have done ****...just yelled, and said "no"...that wouldnt stop me

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    havnt **** on my self yet, but planning to see how it feels soon... i keep u updated!!

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    i dont see why they didnt just walk right by the dip**** manager to the bathroom???...if he would have touched them it could have been assult, and im sure he wouldnt have done ****...just yelled, and said "no"...that wouldnt stop me
    they lock the employee bathrooms, probably needed a key

Spyder Guest
    Sh!t Happens!

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    you think you could almost sue on that card issue alone. And In my town, the old navy store stands by itself, the mall is across the street.

helios is offline Associate Member
    She should sue the store and that prick manager. God I couldn't imagine how humiliating that is.

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Man thats nasty dawg.

Since when is compasion and helping out a fellow human being a problem?
    it's not...... except when it's expected.. the manager was a dick.. no question..

Being pushing and demanding.. gets you embarassed in public..

that's what happened.. or something in between.........

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

it's not...... except when it's expected.. the manager was a dick.. no question..

Being pushing and demanding.. gets you embarassed in public..

that's what happened.. or something in between.........
    I don't think that's how it happened................ This guy just want to make a "managerial decision" and show he's the man That's what happens when you're not happy with your own life you take it out on everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I don't think that's how it happened................ This guy just want to make a "managerial decision" and show he's the man That's what happens when you're not happy with your own life you take it out on everyone else.
    i agree 100%.... power corrupts... absolute power corrupts completly...

I try to give the benefit of doubt to him.. because the other option is to believe there is a complete without compassion, and ounce of respect human being out there..

so i prefer to think she (mother) did something to piss him off..

Rules

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    If that was my little sister that manager would be entering a world of pain.

I understand that rules are rules and that stores are not obligated to let you use their washroom but come on, the guy was totally out of line. To bad she didn't have the guts to drop tro and **** all over the floor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information