Thread: Flexibility?

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member

Flexibility?

What do you guys do to remain flexable? Cause I never expected it to be this bad. There is no way i can do a glute shot anymore, if i did i would be doing it completely blind; which eliminates aspirating. Anyway, when i wash my back, well thats another story on its own. I use to play rugby and for a good 8 years ice hockey. I was hoping i might be able to start playing hockey in Sept(one of those beer leagues), depending on my foot. Do u think this will help to stretch things out?

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    You should always stretch after each set ..that will keep you flexable..People always take stretching for granted.

I stretch befor and after each and every set. It aint helping much. Cause when i wake up the next day i'm tight as hell (no pun intended and it doesn't go away.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    You will have to learn progressive stretching...That is taking the stretch beyond the point and holding it for 15 seconds...

I think i am going to try that. At one point in my life i could do the splits! Have u ever read any of those martial arts mags? in the back of them they sell a lot of machines were u can crank ur legs further and further back to do the splits. Gradually though. Have u ever used anything like this? i am wondering if it would be worth while.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    There is no need to spend money...Just do the splits as far as you can and get somone to move you feet out a little bit each time.(NOT TO FAR)

That already sounds disasterous! I can see my brother or sis taking all there anger out on me! Yeah and remember when you....****my brother and sis kicking my legs out tearing my nuts and legs**** then me screaming like a baby, rolling around on the ground.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Good call

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    With all the shoulder and knee problems that I've had in the past 3 years (RT shoulder reconstructed, LT knee scope-ton meniscus, torn MCL) I've found that stretching is a big key in being able to keep my flexibility, i've gotten alot more flexible now after 5 years of football as well. I like to stretch first for about 10-15 min, then apply a bit of heat the my knee and shoulder, then stretch again, then apply heat, I repeat that cycle maybe 3 times then I ice down before I go to bed, and I usually feel great come morning.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Don't spend the money bro! Get youself one of those elastic rubber deals, used in physical therapy. Hell, you can use a towel. Just strech long and hard, but not too the point of injury. Take it to the burn, and keep it there. You strech enough, and you will become more flexible.

Thread Information