bex
    bex is offline Banned

The right to die

Do you think that we all have the right to die.If lets say that your partner is given 6 months to live but will die a painfull death would you try and help them on there way or let them suffer knowing it is against the law to assist suicide.Or if the shoe was on the other foot and you had six months to live would you ask your partner to help you go...

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    nope....not at all...you never know what might happen in those six months...got to be very optimistic when it comes to life. Not willing to cut myself short...

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Man you got some weird threads lately>>>>wish, death>>> Are you ok

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Originally posted by GenuinePL
    Man you got some weird threads lately>>>>wish, death>>> Are you ok
    Sorry bro iam just intrested........WE all have to think of bad things at some time...

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    No we don't.
    JUST BE HAPPY

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Originally posted by GenuinePL
    No we don't.
    JUST BE HAPPY
    We all should be happy but if the shit happend what would you do....(YOU CANT BURY YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND ALL THE TIME)

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    We never know until it is one of our own relatives looking at us. As for myself, I don't think I would want cut short my time here because of pain. just my .02

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    The mind is a powerful thing....I believe in fighting...anyone can give up and once you do, its all over.
    Too many people have been told they have only 6 months to live and 10yrs later have lived to tell about it. JMO
    Don't get me wrong, if they are conscous and in alot of pain and by their own request want to be put down, I think it's rightfully their choice.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I would put up the fight, but once it gets too rough take me out please. I would do the same for family/friends. I know i have lived a great 26 years. Would love to live longer but when the man upstrairs needs you there is not too much you can do.

Little Girl-that's an amazing story. Sometimes things work out for the best. It's great to hear your sister is such a fighter. I hope she is doing well today!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I think what Bex is saying was if you had something like cancer that was eating through your body would you want someone to end it? Personally if I got to the stage where I was bedridden and could'nt do anything for myself than yes I would want my g,f to end it.For me if I don,t have my own dignity and pride and someone else wiping your butt I would rather be dead.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Well six months is a long time, and medicine not being an exact science I couldn't make a decision. But this week my grandmother is dying a very painfull death, she's 77 yrs old and there's no hope of a recovery. Yesterday the Doctors withdrew all life saving drugs and increased her morphine doesage (at the families request) and informed us now that she could pass away peacefully at any moment.
    Here in Ireland we can ask for all life saving drugs to be withdrawn at anytime, and the doctors will give a doesage of morphine which will set the wheels in motion. But assisted suicide is illegal. I think the only country in Europe with which it's legal is The Netherlands.

Bouncer

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Billy Boy
    I think what Bex is saying was if you had something like cancer that was eating through your body would you want someone to end it? Personally if I got to the stage where I was bedridden and could'nt do anything for myself than yes I would want my g,f to end it.For me if I don,t have my own dignity and pride and someone else wiping your butt I would rather be dead.
    YEP BILLY

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by broncojosh
    We never know until it is one of our own relatives looking at us. As for myself, I don't think I would want cut short my time here because of pain. just my .02
    But Bronco, your father also didn't have to suffer the indignities my Dad did for over 20 years and especially the last 6 years he was bed-ridden and in a wheelchair with Multiple Sclerosis.

His last year was especially heartbreaking as he became totally incontinent and needed help with the very basic of life's necessities. It was very embarassing for him that his wife (my mom) had to clean up his bed two, maybe three times in a day sometimes because he had accidents and couldn't wear "Depends" because he was allergic to some chemical they were made with (gave him a terrible rash to wear them).

In his youth he had been a tall (6ft 5) and strapping (250 lbs) man who was known for his physical strength, and in his later years couldn't even open a jar without some help.

There are times I just cried when I watched him struggle with simple things but he was stubborn and didn't want any help. I wanted to end his existance (because what he was living was not "life" as we know it) out of mercy, but of course our laws of social behavior prevent this.

Wait until you have a family member in this position, you might change your mind.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Little Girl
    You are so right Canes.
    My sis is only 23 and with the technological progress we will probably find something to help her. If something like that ever happen to my dad or mom, I would like to help them to stop suffering...

LG
    Hopefully we'll get a cure with this next generation. Multiple Sclerosis is an awful disease. They still don't even know why some people get it and others don't. It apparently does not follow any hereditary patterns at all.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    JUST MY OPINION:
    People should have the right to do whatever they want to themselves. That includes suicide, drug use and abortion. And yes, I thought about abortion affecting the fetus too.

Thread Information