arc angel is offline New Member

i need a career not a job any help?

look heres the deal.im 32 working in a motel nights as an auditor.i live in pa and im unhappy with my life.im intelligent,good looking,hard working etc...i need an opportunity thats it.i have class i come from a good family but ive been stuck in a rut,while my friends are passing me bye.im very scared about my future and looking for a chance to shine.this might sound weird but if there is someone out there that is fortunate enough to be successful and is looking for someone to help and share that success with than thats me.and laugh all u guys want but i want to get ahead and ill do whatever it takes to be successful,because you know why? i have character and that my friends you cant teach.arc..........

i geuss im alone on this one.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    You only waited 33 minutes before you gave up. Is that what you're like at work too? Wait until tomorrow.

no im not but thanks for the insult.anway my patience is wearing thin i make no excuse for that.

Settle down, that wasn't an insult.

Originally posted by EXCESS
    Settle down, that wasn't an insult.
    ok

It was just an imaginative way of keeping this thread up top so that more people will see it.

well thank you.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    What are YOUR dreams and ambitions? Without them bro you have nothing,we all get stuck in a rut sit back and take a look at your life and the areas you feel unhappy about.Then be postive and look into ways of changing them so they are better.No-one can really help you it is down to what you want from life.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    You make or break your own opportunities in life many times, and maybe you should think seriously about moving from the area in which you live to a bigger city with more chances to reach your potential.

Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    You make or break your own opportunities in life many times, and maybe you should think seriously about moving from the area in which you live to a bigger city with more chances to reach your potential.
    maybe i will.

Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    You sound like a fortune cookie!

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Arc I don't know where in Pa you live but if it's Northeast pa or anywhere near there I would take Canes advice and move to a better place. If you don't wanna move outta state at least move to Harrisburg or Philly where the higher paying jobs are.
    The avg starting salary in northeast pa for a student w/ a 4 yr degree is $23,000. IMO that is way to low for my blood.
    As soon as I'm done w/ school i'll be on the first flight down south
    GoodLuck

M

Ironweb is offline Member
    I know how you feel bro. I got married young and by age 22 I had 2 kids and was heading no where. I started college at age 25 and worked full time and attended college full time. There were people of all ages attending college not just 18 year olds. I graduated with a BA and now work for the largest domestic producer of can foods.

I tell you this for encouragement. Sounds like you need a plan. What do you want to do? Once you know that figure out how you are going to achieve that goal. Sit down write it out on paper. Everything you do has steps. You must pass point b before you can reach point c. Character is great but there are plenty of people working at McDonalds that has character.

Economics rings true in everything supply and demand. Find a demand and you become the supply. Once you get in and start your career it will then be your character along with your ability that will comand your growth in that industry. You have the drive just find your direction and you will be where you want to be.

Peace

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Well man, I was in your situation a few years ago. You know what I did? I worked my azz off to start my own business, and now I own a well to do small business here. Granted I lost two fiances and had no life for about 2 years, but it paid off. Now I can take off or do what I want most of the time. Life is about sacrifice, and dedication in pursuing your dreams. That is what I did. I still have days to where, I ask myself, "what am I doing in this business" after I have a hard day, but when I wake up the next morning and not knowing what my day is going to yield for me, that is what keeps me going. I never know if a 100,000 job is going to be coming in that day or not.
    I think the first thing (my advice) is to find out and make a decission what you want to do. Your knitch if you will. Focus on it, think about it, research see if it is a "market for it", if you want to open you own business. I assume that is where you are going with this.
    But beware owning and running your own business is no easy task. I have a hard time keeping girlfirends, cause I stay stressed and always working, but that is the sacrifice I choose. But I do make time to workout ha haa.. I figure I will get married when I can no longer walk or I become a millionare which ever comes first. (the not walking thing will probally come first way before the millionare thing).
    good luck!!!!!

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by EXCESS

You sound like a fortune cookie!
    Yeah but I told the truth...if I lived in Podunk, Nowhere, I'd be outta there as fast as I could....I mean like TOMORROW ! I love living in the big city....never a dull moment and always a new opportunity waiting around the corner !

i think im going to save my money and move in 6mths to a yr.just have to figure out where.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    move out of PA

im feeling it too for some reason. PA just sux the life out of you

must be the hill's

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I,m in the UK and I am looking into moving to the USA within a few years , just plan your future and try to achieve your own goals.Canes is right you make your own destiny

Originally posted by Diesel
    In the present economy here I think everyone is either unhappy with their situation or scared that they are going to lose it. I have done way to many layoffs over the past 6 months in certain areas.
    Jersey seems to still be going strong though.
    well i have a friend who lives in edison and hes always asking me to mve there but id ont know if thats where i want move plus i would have to be employed before i move anyplace.i just dont do things on a whim.

Metal Mulisha is offline New Member
    Go to the forest service web site they have all kinds of carrers for everyone

Originally posted by Metal Mulisha
    Go to the forest service web site they have all kinds of carrers for everyone
    ill check that out.btw metal mulisha, as in brian deegan?

oh and btw,its not only making your own destiny but sometimes its who you meet.being in the right place at the right time.

Thread Information