broncojosh is offline Senior Member

Blood loading/doping?!

Any of you guys ever try blood doping? You know, where you draw out a pint, wait till your body replaces it, then you put the blood back in. Not considering it, but read a little about it, and am wondering if anyone actually does it...

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    have read about olympic athletes doing it but dont no anyone that has. I have heard from people that it is dangerous tho so i dont no if i would try it or not unless i had a doc doing it

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    I would have to say nope!

is this what your talking about:
    "Ephedrine is banned in many sports. Blood loading, illegal for Olympic athletes, involves freezing a quantity of blood and then injecting it back into a person before exercise, thus increasing the volume of blood in the body and increasing endurance"
    http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,15106,00.html

Interesting concept

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    yup, that's what I was talking about. Crazy shit, but sounds like it would work...

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    would'nt that cause high blood preasure?

ibiza69 is offline Senior Member
    i heard some where that dorian yates used to draw out blood just before going to bed mix some Gh with blood then upon waking up in the morning and injecting it again. crazy shit.

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    i was reading about pro mtn. bikers and other bicyclists doing that. they'd take a pint of blood from themselves before the race when they were in peak condition, then during the race when they'd be tired at a checkpoint or something they'd go and put the blood back in them so it was like getting fresh blood with all kinds of nutrients and stuff in it. but that got banned awhile back. and another thing they were doing was using erythropoetin to increase their number of red blood cells. they use it in cancer patients to try and get them some energy back, that's what lance armstrong is accused of using, but he was just using it for his cancer, not for training and racing.

Thread Information