broncojosh is offline Senior Member

Would putting his name on my package be wrong??

Okay guys/gals, I've decided that I'm going to have my "toys" delivered to my house...and my question is: I always get packages and letters delivered to me that belong to the guy that used to live in my apartment. Would it be completely dick to use his name as the "john doe". I figure, since there is a history of his stuff coming to the house, it would be more viable that it could not have been mine, if I was caught. Would this be a dick thing to do, for him at least?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    heck, i'd do it. that way if it does come, you can write "return to sender" and stick it on your table. if the po-po ever come (which i doubt they will), then you have an alibi. go for it !

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    hummm....
    Well, as far as the law is concerned, the cops could do a trace to see who paid for the "toys." Now I don't know how money orders works, but if you don't need to present an ID for a money order, I would get one and pay for it with cash. Using the fake name will make it damn near impossible for the police to get to trace it back to you. Then you get the "toys" sent to your house, paid for by money order, signed by "john doe" who used to live in your house.

sounds like a plan. as far as ethics go, well, it would be wrong. its being decietful and its dishonest. but "john doe" would not get in trouble, but he would take some of the heat. the cops are not stupid, they would know what you did, they just wouldn't be able to prove it. "john doe" would get questioned, but I honestly do not think the police have a case. and remember, this would only go down if you somehow got caught up in a sting.

send a PM to TNT and direct him over to this thread. TNT and I went at it a while ago about the law, he knows his stuff.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Oh you'll burn in hell for that one, lol.

Great idea.

Bouncer

Those where my thoughts as well.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    It works LOL

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

No sweat, Vegeta, I found this one on my own . . .

Originally posted by VEGETA990
    send a PM to TNT and direct him over to this thread. TNT and I went at it a while ago about the law, he knows his stuff.
    Hmmmmmm . . . Interesting opportunity. The usual scenario, of course, is to use a fake name, but to have the actual name of someone who lived at your place previously presents an interesting opportunity.

There are, of course, a few problems. The first is that the former resident may or may not have filed a change of address form. In other words, you are getting some of his mail there, but are you getting all of it? (For example, one can file a change of address to forward first class mail, but not all mail. You may be getting advertisements, supermarket brochures, and mail order catalogues with his name, but are you getting first class mail? If not, you can bet that at least some packages are being forwarded.)

Now, the law is simple . . . You can call yourself anything, including a pink elephant, as long as it is not with intent to defraud. In theory, you could be guilty of a crime in your scenario, but the crime is receiving AS, not impersonating someone else, unless he presses charges[/i].

Vegeta990 is correct - this presents more of an ethical dilemma than a legal dilemma. From a practical perspective, it's unlikely that the ex-resident would be arrested and convicted for receiving AS, since he had never received them. (Not to mention that he could easily be cleared by a polygraph - unless, of course, he happened to be a juicer himself and was under stress.) In such a situation, the powers-that-be might press charges against you for the fun of it (they do that sort of thing on occasion).

But as far as options go, this one is probably as safe as any other. The only difference might be whether you are ordering omestically or internationally. International shipments would probably be interrupted (if at all) before they hit your door, domestic ones are more likely to get through (barring any random post-9/11 security checks). But in reality, anyone would be able to figure out what's realy happening since the shipment had to be paid for by someone.

Re: No sweat, Vegeta, I found this one on my own . . .

Originally posted by TNT
    the shipment had to be paid for by someone.
    That was why I said to pay for it with a money order (I'm assuming that you don't need an ID to get one) in which case you could sign it with a fake name.

ok ok because I know how specific you are TNT:
    1. don't get finger prints on the letter or mail order check (use leather gloves)
    2. use bottled water to seal the letter (the cops could run a DNA test on the siliva used to seal it or a mineral content anaylsis to see where the water came from).
    3. Have someone else fill out the mail order check so penmanship experts can't link it to you (yes they can tell if you are right handed and fill it out with your left)

of course, for the cops to go through all that they would really want your ass... bad!!! lol

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    DNA testing???????

Man, would they really go though all that trouble for a package of gear? Assuming this guy is just a regular "annual" gear user, it would probably cost the government MORE money to do the DNA test then the price of the juice itself.

I've ordered plenty times to my house (3 times) with my own name, and nothing gone wrong so far. I guess i'm very lucky. They are also international!!! But all this shit that's happening is scaring me! Maybe it's time to go local

Nope, but nothing the U.S. govenment does is cost effictive. Hell, we spend more to execute people than it would cost to keep them in jail for the rest of their life.

But no, I could not imagian the govenment taking measures like that unless you were a murderer or something, but the possibility is still there.

As far as the change of address issue goes...I get things like fedex envelopes from insurance companies, and checks from the bank. I would think they wouldn't be sending that stuff, if it had been a change of address.

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    all sounds good bro i would do it. i would take all precautions (like vetega mentioned) just n case cause u no they would do that shit just to fuk with u.

Thread Information