Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

So who's the gun owners here.

Because of very strict gun laws in Ireland I'm pretty much restricted to a Remington 870 shotgun and a small Rugar 10/22.
    However in work I get to play with my beloved Styer AUG.
    So who's the gun owners of AR.com ?.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So who's the gun owners here.-smilie-kev.jpg  

That was my young son Kevin (10) and his toy, here the work toy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So who's the gun owners here.-hill-880-op-twr-.jpg  

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I think all guns should be keep in war not in the home...JMO..

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I've never even held a gun.

But I have no problem with firearms.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i have 1 sks
    and 1 glock 21 .45cal that i carry

MindBomb is offline Member
    I love guns. Just another hobby. Have licsence to carry too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So who's the gun owners here.-untitled.jpg  

More Guns
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So who's the gun owners here.-untitled.jpg  

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    <---gun freak here too.. 38, 44, 9mm... but hey I am Italian, we are born with guns in our hands.. LOL>>>

I have another HK 45 and SW 45 in my car. Wife's driving the car right now and cant take pic. By far my favorite is the Kimber. Shoots straight and comfortable.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Been a member of the NRA for the last 5 years.nuf said!!

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member

Re: So who's the gun owners here.

Originally posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    However in work I get to play with my beloved Styer AUG.
    Here is a question for you Bouncer. Did you ever shoot an M-16? I always wondered how it compared to the Styer AUG. It seems that those two and the AK are the 3 dominate guns for militarys around the world.

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    i'm not a big fan of guns at all, but i have a stun gun at home in case there's ever a break in and my family is in danger. i'd rather see my assailant get temporarily paralyzed than shot to death.

Farmer is offline Member
    Rising gun freak, have a remington 870 express super mag synthetic black (trying to find a chrome barrel) and a winchester 30-30 and a colt- .45 also have this Walther 7.65 MM but don't know much about it. Next gun will be a 30-06 and then I want another NICE hand gun because I'll be 21 in 3 years and want a license to carry.

Kid Shred is offline Member
    Nice Guns!!!
    Love my 38 Snub.

manijak is offline Associate Member
    style.perfection,beauty all in one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So who's the gun owners here.-des-eagle.jpg  

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    big time hunter here!! last year got the deer of my life-15 point whitetail (scored 197.5 Boone & Crockett). I hunt hogs, varmits, deer, and lots of bird hunting with my bird dog!!! Guns are like gear, the more you know about it (them), the wiser the decisions you make are going to be.

guns:
    remington .243 w/ 10x50 Bausch & Lomb scope
    browning citori over under 12 ga.
    browning 20 ga
    8mm mauser
    and many more.

Never shot anybody, don't ever plan to. But, if my family is ever in jeopardy, won't think twice about doing it!

peace,
    cp

btw, that is a beautiful desert eagle manijak!!

Kid Shred is offline Member
    Phat Eagle!!!!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't agree with guns personally if they get in the wrong hands its trouble saying that I do have a 9mm Magnum Long nose Std issue for US cops I believe.

Jeeze guys I'd LOVE a handgun, but their illegal over here because of the security problems in Ireland.

Ok the question about the steyr and the M-16. To be honest I can only speak about the firing range. I've shot in competition again everything from M-16's to AK-47's and nothing comes even close to the steyr. And thats the experience the Irish army has had in shooting competitions in all missions since taking the steyr onboard almost 10 years ago. Before that we used the FN FAL 7.62mm. A beautifull weapon, and the stopping power of a medium size nuc, it faired 'OK' in competition. But since getting the steyr no one has beaten us, honest.

My weapon of choice is our G.P.M.G. MAG (7.62mm) also made by FN in Belguim and also used by the british army and the Isreali Defence forces as a section support weapon. It delivers devastating fire power on the enemy at up to 1000mtrs standard and 1800mtr in the sustained fire role.

Regards

Bouncer

solid90062 is offline Member
    I like Sigs myself
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So who's the gun owners here.-p226sport.jpg  

$uperman is offline Member
    all those guns are bad azz but none of em compare to the ones hanging off my shoulders...... those are the only guns i need.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by $uperman
    all those guns are bad azz but none of em compare to the ones hanging off my shoulders...... those are the only guns i need.
    Amen! I hate guns.

gymnut4u is offline Member
    funny sup ,,,,,,, 1 eagel , 2 9mm ,1 12- gauge browning pump , 308 rem for deer season !!!!!!!!! hope i never have to use them on my fellow man ,but if put in a point where I have to protect myself or loved ones I will !!!!!!!! guns dont kill people kill !!!!!

I don't need a gun to protect myself because the odds of me being attacked with a weapon are low. Canada does a great job of regulating weapons. As far as I'm concerned, a perfect world would only allow cops to carry guns.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Used to have a rifle that was originally owned by my grandfather, I believe it was a Smith and Weston (sp?). I didn't know much about it. Well I it appraised in 1993 and sold it for $ 3,500. The reason I sold it.....not a very pleasant one.

I lived in south Dade County, south of Miami but just north of Homestead, in an area called Cutler Ridge. In August of 1992 of course everyone remember Hurricane Andrew blew through here with winds in my neighborhood of over 150mph, destroying everything, including my split-level condo. I lost everything (including the entire 2nd floor, I has stairs to nowhere after the storm), and in society for a couple of weeks there was a complete breakdown of law and order and it was everyman and woman for themselves. Many unfortunate and greedy people took to looting those that had anything left, and it was up to yourself to protect your property. Three days after the storm I was helping guard my neighbors and my own property and some looters came into the street, and as they approached my property I shot and wonded (maybe killed?) one of them. It was a traumatic experience, and after that I didn't want the rifle or any guns in my house ever again. I saved my life, but I have felt a bit of guilt that I may have taken someone's life.

Should I feel guilty?

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    MY GOD! I can't believe so many of you guys have guns, especially the americans. I guess it's probably easier to get guns in foreign countries, but I had no idea how easy it is in the US! YOU EVEN CARRY THEM???

I know your gonna kill me for this (maybe even shoot me ) but I just think guns are stupid/wrong to have. The only people who should carry them are military and police.

Now, in terms of hunting, I think that's okay, BUT they guns should be locked up in a secure lodge somewhere in the woods. And when you want to go hunting, you go, show your id, get your gun, do your hunting, then return the gun once your done.

Also, learning about them seems fair, especially about the damage one can do, but never should a CIVILIAN be able to have one.

JMO guys, JMO.

No flame intended.......

No one ever gets murdered, raped, shot, robbed, kidnapped in Canada??!!

Maybe we should all move to Canada!

Our forefathers didn't think the government agencies were the only ones to possess firearms when they wrote the constitution of the United States. But what did they know?

Again, no flame intended, and I know, I'm not going to change anyone's mind about firearm possession, so I'll shut up. I respect your choice to not want a gun, please respect mine to want a gun and not want to take it away!

peace

cp

btw,

Canes, you should never feel guilty for protecting what's yours! This great country that the world depends upon would have never happened without brave men protecting what is theirs.

military and cops as the only ones with guns??!! I'm gonna shutup now, I think that theory speaks for itself.

peace again, i'm gonna shutup now.

cp

Crazy canoks!!!

Originally posted by Terinox
    MY GOD! I had no idea how easy it is in the US! YOU EVEN CARRY THEM???
    I know your gonna kill me for this (maybe even shoot me ) but I just think guns are stupid/wrong to have. The only people who should carry them are military and police.
    JMO guys, JMO.
    HAHAHA. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!! HAHAHA
    I tell you exactly what would happen if my country suddenly made it illegal to own a firearm.

Suddenly all responsible people would loose their protection. Robberies, muggings, and even more so burgleries would occur and thousands of people would die from scumbag criminals. You know damn well the criminals are not going to hand in their weapons, hell, they don't even have permits for them.

Remember one thing Terinox. We have a HUGE violent crime problem in this country, and it all revolves around drugs, mainly crack. The dealers are all armed and they make a LOT of money. Some sections of some cities are so bad cops will not even drive through them. Drug dealers in this country have no respect for human life and would kill anyone and everyone they could to get money.

I know you want to drop what you said...but are you saying that the country, whether Canada or the US wouldn't be better off if guns didn't exist? At least in the arms of civilians? I mean it's sad we don't live in a country like that, but I mean if we could, wouldn't it be better? Just wondering what you thought...

take care

Vegeta990, very good point, i get what you mean. But like I said, it sure would be nice IF we could live in a country without guns etc.. But I do see your point about that. I guess since Canada crime isn't as bad as US (guessing) i'm just not used to how it is down south

I guess you gotta do what ya gotta do! I guess i just wish we lived in a nice big (shit i forgot the word) country!

Ideally, If we could take the guns from everyone, sure, but that will never happen. There are sooo many illegal weapons in this country we could never get them all. even if there were a few thousand, crime would be crazy. If I was the only guy in my city with a gun everyone would be possible prey. I could go from house to house and steal and kill.

Man, we (the US) are spending BILLIONS of dollars trying to keep drugs out and experts estimate police recover about 10% or less of the drug market. Drugs and guns are a commodity, a business, there will always be a demand for them and we will never get rid of them, no matter how hard we try.

true that!

steroids being one of them

This thread proves the difference in thinking between Americans and Canadians. I have very few reasons to be paranoid. In fact, if an injured person knocks on my door in the middle of the night I would be proud to help them, rather than splatter their brains across my driveway because I felt threatened. As far as I'm concerned, the "constitutional right" to possess a firearm has been taken way too far. But what do I know, I'm JUST a Canadian.

I agree with EXCESS.

Oh, and that damn word I forgot was "Utopia"

Why would I shoot an injured person knocking on my door in the middle of night? I know I said I was going to shutup, but shit, that's riciulous.

Americans, well I know Texans anyway, are very helpful people. If I had a dollar for every tire I have changed because I pulled over and helped someone on the side of the road I'd be rich. If you knocked on my door in the middle of the night, I'd answer it and let you in. If you crawled through my window in the middle of the night (which happens to people at home thousands of times throught the world each night) then I would scatter your brains all over the wall.

I have enough common sense to know how and when to use a gun. If you don't think you have this common sense, then yes, let the cops and military be the ones with guns, not you. But some of us are capable of making these decisions.

I don't try and force you to have a gun, why would you try and force me to not have a gun. Maybe I have gotten used to living in a truly free society where the government does its job and doesn't run the entire society through too many rules and regulations. Many countries that prohibit civilians from owning guns are very dangerous places. The citizens would love to be able to protect themselves (they will never admit this because of fear and brain washing from their government).

Anyway, you got me started again.

Peace!!

cp

btw,

I want a new desert eagle also. VERY NICE gun! what calibers does that come in. I used to know, but I have forgotten. Seems like it may be only 1 caliber. Just curious.

Thanks. cp

What I was trying to say was the right to shoot when feeling threatened is the cause of many tragedies. Some people lose all sense of reason when they're holding a gun and have laws to back them up.

Lariat1 is offline New Member
    Well I'm Irish so thats a big plus already
    I'm crazy-- so I've been told, I love to hunt
    and I'm in the military I used to have a very extinsive
    collection of coarse that was before the divorce
    Now I'm down to 1 AR-15, 1 M-9, 1 1943 Turkish
    Mauser and many many 22 Rifles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information