MBaraso is offline Retired Mod

Calling all Bouncers

I'm sure w/ the size of most of you guys on this board that you bounce now, or have bounced in the past at various night clubs & Bars. My question is: What is the normal hourly rate you can expect at a decent night club?
    I ask this because I'll be living at the shore this summer and I was offered a job. Also I got offered a job the other night for $10 an hr(under the table). Does that sound right?
    Thanks,

M

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i was making $17 an hour under the table....but that was only in the summertime

Ok that sounds about right cuz the job at the shore is $15 an hr.
    Anyone else?

M

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    How big do you actually have to be to be a bouncer? And does height matter? I'm only 5'6, but when I become HUGE...I thought it would be a cool thing to do over summer or something.

What jobs do you have to do, other then standing at the door.

Ter: I don't think height really matters. My friend is your height and he's bounces at some big clubs, although he is about 240lbs or so. I'm really not that big but I can handle myself better then guys alot bigger then me. And to be honest the guys that worked at this place last year were only around 6ft 200lbs. Some were bigger then that but not many.
    Some clubs bouncers don't do anything but bounce but some clubs make you help the bartenders out w/ case's of beer etc...
    It all depends on the size of the club.

Thanks D: $20 an hr! I'd stand on my head for a summer job like that lol. I won't be getting that much.
    I bet those freebies in the back made those long boring nights worth your while

M

Yeah the club that pays $10 is where i'm at now and they don't have much trouble so it would be worth doing it for 6 weeks till I move. But the club @ the shore pays $15 but it's one of the biggest clubs at the beach and I know for a fact they have all kinds of problems on a daily basis. So $15 an hr seems reasonable for dealing w/ the bullshit.
    Thanks again,

M

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Sounds like you should look for another job. NOthing to do with your size or anything, but you sound very imature to me.
    I've just started my own security company after many years standing on door making money for someone else so I know what I'm talking about.
    If your asking questions about trouble etc your not cut out for the job. People do it mostly for mercenary reasons and couldn't give a fuck about trouble. You should be fearing trouble from the police after knocking out some scumbag more than trouble from drunk patrons.
    The only trouble your height will bring is that you'll have no 'presence' on the door and you'll find it hard to assert yourself.
    I have seen little guys like you who could fight like pittbulls, but it's not all about fighting.
    'Tis better to jaw jaw, than war war......As Winston Churchill once wrote.

Bouncer

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    Sounds like you should look for another job. NOthing to do with your size or anything, but you sound very imature to me.
    That seems like a low blow. I don't see anything wrong with being a peacekeeper instead of a savage. And no, I'm not calling anyone here a savage - I just think you're misunderstanding MBaraso's intention for asking the question.

mando is offline Associate Member
    my best freind was a b back home in africa .... he is 6 2'' 250lb , naturally big , and alot of the times he has confided in me that he jus can't take the stress with the job , he has been involved in 6 gun incidents .... his club always has undercover armed cops yet , ppl still pull guns on the doormen , so be careful what u wish for.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    The bigger you are the more respect you will get on the door which in turn means you dont have to fight..(your job is to stop trouble not look for it)

winny100 is offline Junior Member
    make sure you can cut the grade i get £10phr (england) and have done 14 years .

anything can happen when you are on the door and also remember people will recognize you when you are not at work.

Also tool up just in case of some serious shit, better them then you.

good luck bro

Bouncer: I simply asked what the avg going rate is for bouncers. I didn't ask about trouble. I simply stated that the club I will be working at has trouble. And I'm not 5'6 240lbs...I was talking about my friend. I'm 6'3 218lbs ( and getting bigger e/d), I can handle myself just fine and I'm certainly NOT immature. I think you were reading Terinox's response or you missunderstood me.
    Doormen are there to provide security to the establishment and to the patrons....NOT to look for fights and bust everyone's head that get's alittle out of hand.

M

BigD is offline Associate Member
    My Friend bounces at the Roxy. Height and how much muscle you have really doesn’t matter. It's how you present yourself. They have a guy there that weighs probably 140lbs all the way up to my friend who is a little over 300lbs. Dont freak at that weight he carries a lot of fat on him.

Anyways on the good nights he pulls anywhere from $200-$300 a night. He works the VIP sections most of the time, that's where he makes most his money. Plus on the nights where it's 18 and up you make money catching all the minors drinking. Plus you make friends with all the rich famous people that frequent the club so next time they swing by they will ask for you. It just depends on how much you hustle for the money.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I bounced in N Y years ago! I made nice money...I never got less the $150.00 a night Usually $200.00. But it was big place and it had 12 bouncers on Friday & Saturday nights.

I did have to fight a few times and even had a gun stuck in my face one night! Goes with the territory boys!

If you are gonna bounce better to be big and ya better be able to turn on a battle attitude when ya have to.....Oh yeah, it helps if you can actually fight!

MJ

Kid Shred is offline Member
    I worked a couple clubs here in South Beach, usually around $10-15/ hr, perks are cool though at some places.

Guy I wasn't trying to flame there. But I'm a very experienced doorman and if I can call the shots on a guy in seconds on face value alone I believe I can call the shots on a guy by reading his post many time. I stick by what I say. He could make easier money in other ways.
    And believe it or not, it's a big bad world 'on the door' and if this seem's like a flame you guys ain't been on a door.

If the same guy posted a question in the steroids forum asking how much an amp of Sustanon was and what sides etc he's experience you guys would jump all over his ass telling him to wait etc. Same situ here, I see a guy who's too imature for a door and I'm advising him against it.

Regards

Bouncer

Bouncer I'd like to know what I said in this post to make me seem imature? I'm 25 yrs old and I've alot more of this world then most people have. You don't even know me but yet you say I'm imature?

Argh, why didn't I keep my mouth shut!.
    Ok MB I'm talking to you here as a Bouncer with well over ten years unbroken experience on doors and honestly I don't mean you any disrespect in my replies. But to an experienced doorman like myself your post, or the tone of of it at least seems amature and unsuited to the job.

If the cap fits, wear it. Take the job and best of luck in it.

bouncer

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I,ve worked on the door covering for friends when they have been short staffed.I,m not a big guy but I do have a lot of martial art/boxing exp.trust me if you can talk it down but it becomes instinct if you think some guy is going to whack you you control the situation before the thought even enters his head.

Doorwork can be easy work or hard if you get to go home without getting into a rift its an easy night but if it kicks off it can be stressful and hard work.

Be prepared to be verbally abused punched , kicked and threatened and even followed to you car or home because it happens.

As Bouncer said there are easier ways to make money there are a lot of unstable people out and get them pissed you could have a nutter on your hands.

As for size I don't think it matters having the confidence and the overall presence to control a situation quickly and take control is more of a skill than most people think

Well bouncer I respect the fact that your trying to give me advice but you weren't born a bouncer either. You started off probably when you were my age, and I'm sure someone from the internet that you don't even know didn't put you down for wanting to get a part time job @ the beach for the summer.
    Thank you all for the replys,

M

$uperman is offline Member
    last summer i bounced at a club 2 dayz a week , made decent money for only 2 dayz a week too. to tell you the truth...how you get your job depends on who you know too. i worked w/ some lil pussys strait up. but they were somehow related to the owners and shit. i was there almost 4 months.... never threw a punch. had toss a few assholes out evernight , put em on the ground , slam there ass against the wall , but never threw the hands. bouncing at the clubs definately had its advantages w/ the ladies too

Thread Information