Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    According to the board the average test score is 119.xx. hmmm

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    No...it should be the same now. It's static....you should have the same score as a 10 year old as 30 or 40.
    I agree with this statement to an extent....

What you said about an IQ not being a measure of knowledge attained, but capability to attain that knowledge, is probably the most straight forward definition you could have given, but....

I do think it will vary slightly when you are younger to your prime mental age, which is typically in your mid-twenties. I believe this because as the development of your brains frontal lobes progresses, your judgement in decision making will change and mature to different degrees, leaving testing on learning capability open to change as well.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Intellegence is generally thought to be your ability to learn...it's really a measure of potential learning ability...not what you already know.

Also...it's static...your score is Mental Age divided by chronological age...hence a 100 means you are 100% as intellegent as the average person your own age....You will learn as fast as them, etc...

A 136 (my score) means I learn that 36% worth faster (a higher mental age than chronological age). At 10 years old, I would learn as quickly as a kid of 13+ years old, etc...

Intellegence, therefore, is mostly accepted to be static for your entire life. Knowledge, wisdom, etc...is not.

This entire post would also confirm what I said above, as mental age in ratio to chronological age is compared via frontal lobe development (over simplified of course, as there are others ways that are used simultaneously)

This is also why it plateaus in your mid-twenties are further frontal lobe development is not possible.

Anteros is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    This entire post would also confirm what I said above, as mental age in ratio to chronological age is compared via frontal lobe development (over simplified of course, as there are others ways that are used simultaneously)

This is also why it plateaus in your mid-twenties are further frontal lobe development is not possible.
    While it may be true the for the mast part that it won't actually increase in size, the brain can definately get denser, at any age, and so there's no reason why it should concretely plateau.

kis55 is offline Associate Member
    My score (at age 9 + 10 months, on the Stanford-Binet test) was (is) 136.

I am, however, Learning Disabled (dyslexic) and did not take the modified test, so I think I'd have scored higher, if I had one skewed to account for my dyslexia.
    Whatever you say rekooh..*LOL*.

Oops, make that..*LOL*

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    126 i am pleased

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    135.. but this site is trying to sell some bull**** report and it is pretty obvious that those who are flattered with their "brilliance" are going to be more inclined to buy the aforementioned bull**** report. i would wager that my actual IQ is around 120 or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post your iq score.-iq-score.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information