Trying to get my girl to quit smoking...

Ok ive been tryin 2 get my girl to quit smoking for a while now..she always tells me she is cutting back...which i belive...but the thing is the reason she tells me she smokes is cuz her mom stresses her out about her dating me which makes me feel bad...but what i need is some advice on how 2 get her to quit...and i know it sounds a lil stupid but she is on the pill and i know that smoking increases chances of stroke and heart attack and other things...and she is young and all...but i dont want my baby to have any health problems...help me out here....

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I was once involved with a smoker... she was really into me..When i wanted her to quit.. i just told her..Me or the Cigs

There's an Ad here "Kissing a smoker is like licking an astray"... if she thinkg you're worth it she'll quit.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I smoked for about 4 years and have been off of them now for about 7 weeks. None of the typical suggestions I hear about quitting have ever worked for me. When she really wants to quit, she'll quit. Cutting back never helped at all. She has to get used to dealing with stress without giving in to the cigarette urge, which is really hard to do at first, but is not difficult at all after a few days. The first day is easy, the second day and third days are really hard, and it's progresively smooth sailing from there.
    On the day I quit, I smoked half a cigarette, tossed it, and realized I was really done with them. I didn't plan on quitting then, it just happened.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I tried getting mine to quit as i quit 4-5 years ago but it usually ends in my head almost being bit off. I don't mind it really as she chews breath mints all day so i dont notice when i kiss her, i just worry about the health problems even though she's young.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Give her a tin of skoal apple, she'll never want to smoke a cig again

haha i dont know about all that..... bdtr thats what im worried about too the whole health thing...

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    I smoked for many years (I quit nearly a year ago). It is really difficult to make any one quit (unfortunately). My advice is to get is to do as much cardio as you can. For me, I can't even think about smoking after getting off the treadmill or elliptical rider for an hour. The key is to get her to want to quit (not tell she should or you'll bail).

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    I smoked for many years (I quit nearly a year ago). It is really difficult to make any one quit (unfortunately). My advice is to get is to do as much cardio as you can. For me, I can't even think about smoking after getting off the treadmill or elliptical rider for an hour. The key is to get her to want to quit (not tell she should or you'll bail).
    I have to disagree with this one. I always had a cigarette right after cardio and weights. IMO, it was the best cigarette of the day by far.

swoll4589 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    Give her a tin of skoal apple, she'll never want to smoke a cig again
    lol funny you should mention that. I got my sister to quit smoking i think. I told her about copenhagen pouches.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    I try to get my girl to quit all the time.

She just brings up my roid usage.

Aint worth arguing any more..............

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hed
    I try to get my girl to quit all the time.

She just brings up my roid usage.

Aint worth arguing any more..............

this is the same sh-it i get lol

BDTR is offline Retired
    Same here.

gya321 is offline Member
    Its an addiction like anything else, so pretty much she will quit when ready.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Kind of hard when your girlfriend is lighting a cigarette for you to say "quit that, its unhealthy" while i have 10 syringes sticking out of my temple lol.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Kind of hard when your girlfriend is lighting a cigarette for you to say "quit that, its unhealthy" while i have 10 syringes sticking out of my temple lol.

LOL well said

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    i just gave up, its just one more lost argument

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    That's pretty funny.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    i quit 6 times last time was 3months how the hell do ppl quit?

BDTR is offline Retired
    It was easy for me way back, I just quit then would smoke when i'd drink, then just not at all.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Ive never smoked...but doesnt it taste really bad if you take the filters out? If it was me, id do sneaky things to make em gross... like go thru and take all the filters out of her cigs when shes not around and when she lights up, she'll have the bad taste in her mouth.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I've smoked before (not as an addict..as an experiment...Nicotine/caffeine and the metabolism)...Ciggies minus the filter don't 'taste' bad

Scooby1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I've smoked before (not as an addict..as an experiment...Nicotine/caffeine and the metabolism)...Ciggies minus the filter don't 'taste' bad
    I think your in denial......ADDICT!

twiztidjuggalo74 is offline Associate Member
    yea this is an issue i have also both my parents smoke and i dont really approve but i guess since they are adults i cant really tell them what to do and its 2005 we all know cigaretts are bad your health.

just show them a picuture of a healthy lung and smokers lung lol if that dont do it then hell...newports got em for life

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I was once involved with a smoker... she was really into me..When i wanted her to quit.. i just told her..Me or the Cigs

So that was the end of that relationship huh?

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I have the same prob with my girl. She's on the pill as well which doesn't make it any better. However, she said she used to smoke almost a pack a day before a met her, now she only smokes when she drinks (song?). I guess it's better than before, but I still wish she'd quit.

Scooby1 is offline Member
    bu_mp

BlocRoc is offline Member
    The smokes or you... that was the final thing that my woman used to get me to quit, even tho I was down to 1 or 2 a month, basically for s h i t s and giggles with the boys.

But it is tough to quit if you've never been a smoker. I smoked for almost 15 years before quitting, after trying at least 3 times.

The patch does work.....

L8

blackbelt3 is offline New Member
    I think it depends on how much your girl smokes....If she smokes occasionally its not that bad, like when she drinks...I breifly dated on chick who smoked...she was so hot I didn't really notice!!!!!!!But seriously a pack a day is bad

cjp85 is offline Member
    Trying to get someone who's addicted to quit is like walking into a McDonnald's and telling all the fat people to get in shape. If they are ready to quit, they will. I've found that it's better to help a smoker prepare for quiting than to b1tch at them about it all the time. They really don't want to hear you complain about their habbits, but if you can get them to accept that they NEED to quit, it's best to just help them instead of telling them what to do.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Man, I myself am trying to get my girl to stop....we have made a deal that she can only smoke one cig a day...however, that has since failed...the thing that pisses me off is the amount of cigs they want in a day....I will have the occasional one (more often when I drink), however, a smoker wants a cig every time they walk outside, eat a meal, take a sh*t, anything...they always want one.

I am with BDTR in the fact that I am worried about my girls health....her dad is dying becasue of the cancer sticks...youw ould think that she would learn.

Natural, if you find something that works let me know. Good luck brother....there are a few of us that are in the same situation you are in.

i quit on monday at 6 : oo pm ne advice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    a smoker wants a cig every time they walk outside, eat a meal, take a sh*t, anything...they always want one.
    true i used to somke in the gym when i was working out pretty sad huh

Thread Information