AVAGO is offline Member

Any 1 know how i can turn brightness up on .mov or .avi

Just like the title says i have a .mov file and its too dark. Is there any chance i can turn the brightness up a bit

AVAGO is offline Member
    Bump

AVAGO is offline Member
    Any know of a program that could do this?

Sapper is offline New Member
    Nope. Can't really be done without having access to the original file (i.e. the dvd) and resampling it. You may try turning your monitor's brightness up, but that will only help so much...

When the files are converted to AVI (MPEG, MOV, DIVX, etc), they use what is know as a "lossy" compression algorithm. That is, certain parts of each frame (29.7 Frames per second) is edited out to make the file smaller and much more manageable. Each pixel of each frame is sampled, and the value is a Red-Green-Blue binary value, there is no value for brightness.
    Due to the compression, colors that are similar are counted as all the same color, so even if you brightened it with a program that decompressed, modified, and recompressed the file, the original data is long gone, you'd just have lighter grey spots instead of the solid black.

In short, you have a ****ty file, and if cranking your monitor's brightness and contrast up don't work, you're SOL.

Thread Information