Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Bro, I've been carrying a knife since I was a 10 year old cub scout... I always have a small swiss army knife in my left pocket and a leatherman in a sheath on my belt.

But when it comes to personal protection I would NEVER use one of my knives... waving a knife around in a confrontation is a sure way to get your arse kicked and escalating a situation real quickly.

If you need a "self defence" tool you can carry, go for a blackjack, a sap or a police spring steel baton and learn to use it. I use a blackjack, and have been looking into getting a small police baton.

Remember, if you're going to present a weapon to an attacker, you'd better be ready to use it all the way. I am personally not ready to stab or cut someone... breaking their jaw with a blackjack or shattering their hand with a baton on the other hand I am quite ready to do.

You have many options, most of which are probably "more legal" than carrying a knife in your country.

Red
    Not sure what a "blackjack" is, but I carry an telescopic baton if I want some security. It is longer than a knife and I personnally feel that in most cases it would be more effective than a knife and way less messy...I am not prepared to kill someone in most cases and one well aimed/weighted whack from a telescopic baton and the fight is over. Also, most people do not know how to use a knife...

Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    Not sure what a "blackjack" is, but I carry an telescopic baton if I want some security. It is longer than a knife and I personnally feel that in most cases it would be more effective than a knife and way less messy...I am not prepared to kill someone in most cases and one well aimed/weighted whack from a telescopic baton and the fight is over. Also, most people do not know how to use a knife...
    I do like the idea of getting a baton, the blackjack is nasty and causes wicked injuries, but it's not "scary"... I mean it has no dissuasive fight avoiding properties about it.

On the other hand the noise a baton makes when you do a wrist flick draw and it's appearance out of nowhere is often enough to convince the other guy to vacate the premises

One of the other inspectors at work has a baton (a nice Monadnock 18in autolock) in an under shoulder holster and that thing is just downright evil

Just a note bro, do be carefull with your baton in Canada, it's on the Criminal Codes prohibited weapons list. Be smart with it if you're not working in a job that would entitle you to carry one.

Red

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i carry an e-z out gerber in my front pocket anywhere i go, can bring it into use in a flash. in my pick-up.....under the front seat a pistol, tie- wraped on my stick shift...a coldsteel tanto, its right there and can be drawn faster then sh.t . behind my seat is a mossberg 590, ghosts rings and bayonet, with #4 buck. in my trk bed on both sides of my truck , i have an axe handle, in case i am standing outside of my truck. oh ,and in the inside door compartment i carry a lawn mower blade sharpened to a razors edge, hey you never know

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Kudos to MMA and RedKetchup for accurate and prudent info on an important subject that is unfortunately filled with old wives tales. Where I live for example people insist on the 'it's illegal to carry a knife if it's blade is longer than x inches...' which is simply bs of the highest order. Know your rights in the country/province/state you live in!

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Why not get a mob weapon like the beaver tail AKA boston slaper lol. Nothing like lead wraped in leather

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information