Thread: shoulder pain

peaker is offline Senior Member

shoulder pain

i was doing a chest workout on friday and everything was great afterwards, except when i woke the next morning i could not lift my right arm more then half way up to my side

i feel like a bone crunching feeling in the middle of my shoulder, like a clicking thing. i dont know what i have done to it, but i think i must of done something when doing flat flies. i feel no pain unless move my arm up to my side like doing laterials.

any idea guys?

peaker

anyone?

beefitup is offline New Member
    It could be a number of things. You may have ruptured the tendon which will take 6-8 weeks of complte rest . You may have tendinitis or bursitis in which case you need rest and gentle mobility work.If it keeps you awake at night you have probably ruptured the tendon ,taht is a tear where the muscle joins to the bone. THe other thing in an extreme case is that you have sustained a fracture. Are you experiencoing any pain in your bicep or in the anterior part of the deltoid?

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Go see a doctor. It's better to find out whats wrong and let it heal properly rather than do anything to make it worse. Good luck, keep us posted.

Originally posted by beefitup
    It could be a number of things. You may have ruptured the tendon which will take 6-8 weeks of complte rest . You may have tendinitis or bursitis in which case you need rest and gentle mobility work.If it keeps you awake at night you have probably ruptured the tendon ,taht is a tear where the muscle joins to the bone. THe other thing in an extreme case is that you have sustained a fracture. Are you experiencoing any pain in your bicep or in the anterior part of the deltoid?
    no pain in my bicep, but it feels like my bones are grinding together and once i lift my arm past a certain point, it feels like it has cracked. The only think i can compare it to is when you move your ankles around and the make that cracking feeling, but this is a bit painful. I can move it around but get pain when i go more then half way up with my arm stretched to the side.

peaker

Thread Information