Thread: Ghosts

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Ghosts

Does anyone in here belive in ghosts??
    Has anyone ever seen/heard/sensed a ghost and want to share that experience.

I have heard to many stories from people I trust to not to belive in them and I suspect that I have encountered one myself, but Im not sure.

My little encouter was one time when me and my family live out on the country and we had a barn(but no animals, we mostly used it as a garage and stuff).

Anyway I was in the barn in the evening and just messing around doing some wood figures and stuff, suddenly I started to hear realy heavy foot steaps on the floor above me heading the way for the stairs down. And when I say heavy I mean HEAVY. I freaked out and ran out of the barn in to our house and quickly asked if anyone else had been in the barn. But everyone was inside the house. I didnt go alone in the dark to that barn again for like a year or so(was 10 when it happend). Lots of other strange stuff had also occured there, lights turning them self on and off, my mom talking to someone that she though was my dad but later turned out it wasnt and so on.
    This incident, mom and dads other stories and a couple of other incidents in my sisters old apartment has convinced me that ghost are for real.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    shit i'm going to have nightmares now!!

peace,

ttgb

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't believe in ghosts but I do get mail addressed to Patrick Swayze!

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    that is some crazy shit....and yep to answer you question i do believe in ghosts

Kid Shred is offline Member
    I personally have never seen, witnessed ,or encountered anything in my life that suggests ghost/ spiritual entities exist here on Earth. I do however have a couple close friends (reliable sources) that have told me about their crazy spiritual encounters. Stories ranging from the Ouija Board movin' by itself to meeting a possesed womanin India whose feet where facing backwards. So I'm skeptical about such things. I personally don't think I would be able to mentally and psychologically deal with seeing something that , and it may seem wierd and peculiar, but maybe that's why I haven't. No complaints though!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I lived in a flat that was first built in the 1800,s and was then pulled down in 1870 due to rat infestation.The proprty was then re-built around a year later.I first witnessed out "friend" with two weeks of living there when I heard a noise on the stairs when I went out I saw an old women walking down the stairs and then she turned and looked up before walking through the wall.This happened for many months and many of friends witnessed it.

I later researched the history of the house and found that it had been previously owned by my g/f parents when it was used as a post office in the early 1900,s even though they knew nothing about it.My ex,s grandad had bought it in 1982 as he was breaking out into the property market and it was going cheap.

As for the old lady going through the wall when we researched the plans there was a doorway that had been bricked up in the 1960,s when it was first used as a flat.

As for Mrs Magoo (The name I gave her) she never done anything apart from do the same thing every so often and always had her hair in a bun and an old shawl wrapped around her shoulders from what I could gather it was the postmasters wife who had died during childbirth.

Spooky hey but 100% true

Damn billy boy, if I was you I would have moved out the same day as it occured the first time.
    Ghost just freak me out. Im more scared of them then anything else.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i most definately beleive in ghost bro. definately.

Originally posted by johan
    Damn billy boy, if I was you I would have moved out the same day as it occured the first time.
    Ghost just freak me out. Im more scared of them then anything else.
    I had "seen" other things before then so it didn't bother me but the ex g/f was scared s**tless.We used to find broken glasses and pictures moved but it was pretty harmless.

My gran used to be physic and would tell us stories when we were kids how you could use the trapped spirits (ghosts) to help you in hard times throughout your life and that they would not hurt you.They were just people who had,had unhappy lifes or deaths and could not find their resting place.Still to this day she was the spookest women I have ever met.Even when she died I would never sit in her chair as it always felt as if she was "there".

Ghosts seem to play a big part in my family,s history for some reason my father has seen them as well.May be we are just strange!

Jenna is offline Female Member
    I'd have to say that I don't believe that there are "people" that are wandering around after death..... but I do believe that there are spirits that can make themselves known.... good and evil spirits...

I also believe that if you believe in Christ, that you will be protected from any evil spirits....

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation" (Matthew 12:43-45).

<<<< JENNA >>>>

BigD is offline Associate Member
    This is one of those things like aliens and magic, I'd have to see it to believe it.

No such thing as magic !Most of the "magic" is trickery which is performed using stunts and props to prevail the illusion.

"The hand is quicker than the eye"

Originally posted by Jenna
    I'd have to say that I don't believe that there are "people" that are wandering around after death..... but I do believe that there are spirits that can make themselves known.... good and evil spirits...

I also believe that if you believe in Christ, that you will be protected from any evil spirits....

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation" (Matthew 12:43-45).
    Jenna ghosts are not people they are spirits.

How does Christ protect you from Evil spirits?Just wondering

jammergsxr is offline Member

I am now a believer!!

I never really believed in ghost until last year.A friend of mine owns a music studio and on sunday nights I help lay down guitar tracks or just do some mixing.Well one night after a mix down on a song,we were listening and at the end of the song a little girls voice clear as a bell says "no,no,I don't think I like that".Well I was freaking out and after we calmed down we figured maybe somehow it was already on the disc even though it was new.A few weeks passed and one of the other owners said he kept hearing shit in a storage hall in the back.So for shits and giggles we set up a microphone in the hall and recorded overnight.The next day we hear a girl singing one,two,buckle my shoe and then laughter......holy shit We didnt know what to think.We would play it for people and call her our fan.2 months later a woman came in to sing and we asked her if she had any probs. finding the place and she says no"when we were younger we'd hang out at the bridge down the street because it was supposed to be haunted by a little girl searching for her mother".I no longer like going to the studio!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Several years ago before we bought our house, Bert and I were sitting in our appartment one evening watching TV. For some reason we both turned our heads slightly to the right at the same time...just in time to see a willowy white figure moving down the hallway. We both said "Did you see that?" At first I thought it may be headlights from our bedroom window that faced the parking lot, or lights coming through our sons window. When we got up to check, both doors were tightly closed. There was no way it was a reflection of light. We found out that Robertas mom and both of her sisters had similar experiences on several occasions and it was suspected that it was a harbinger (Roberta's grandmother) checking up on her family. As odd as it was, I did not feel panicy or creeped out...quite the contrary, I felt at ease and safe.

In the house we live in now we have had several instances...each time exactly the same. I have been awoken from a deep sleep at early hours of the morning by an extremly loud thump on the roof/ceiling above our bed (we have cathederal ceilings...no attic). Although we live on a wooded lot, there is no way it could be a branch, squirrel or even racoon. It is/was a LOUD bang!! Like a large rock falling. The next day there is never anything on the roof. It is always VERY creepy and takes me a while to get back to sleep.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    If you guys don't believe in ghosts, visit Mertle's Place in St. Francisville, La. It is the 13 most haunted house in the world, and has been investigated by the Symthsonian, avid ghost hunters, even National Geographic did a story about it, all concluded that the house is haunted. We stayed there, and yes, we have photographs and other "occurances" that happened while we stayed in the house. We go back every year or so, just to keep the sprits in check so to speak.. lOL.. Really helps raise the testosterone levels .. Also teaches you to deal with your fears and overcome them. This place is truely haunted, just by stepping into the house, you feel something, hard to explain. If you go ask to see pics that other people have taken and sent back to them, you will be astonished with what you see in those pictures. I know I took some of my own and when I show them to people they get chills...
    So yes, I do believe in ghosts..

Originally posted by Billy Boy

How does Christ protect you from Evil spirits?Just wondering
    Well, since I am Christian, I believe the Bible.... and several scriptures reinforce my beliefs..... such as:

Luke 10:18: "And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

For example, I believe that if I was in a place where evil spirits resided, I believe that they would not be able to harm me in any way, as long as I had faith and prayer.

Now - I will not discuss religion anymore on this thread, because I know that people have all kinds of beliefs and I'm not one to say who's right or wrong....all I know is what I believe....

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by tryingtogetbig
    shit i'm going to have nightmares now!!

peace,

ttgb
    Same here......everytime this happens or if I read stuff on ghost sightings I have nightmares or my mind takes over & shit happens (I thinnk). So it makes you wonder if its your imagination taking over & that your overreacting. I hope so, cause I don't want to see any. I've had to sleep with lights on for a week before cause I scared myself to death!

Originally posted by Billy Boy
    No such thing as magic !Most of the "magic" is trickery which is performed using stunts and props to prevail the illusion.

"The hand is quicker than the eye"
    Yeah I know there is no such thing a magic but have you ever see that David Blain (sp?) guy. He is a street magician and for the life of me I cannot figure out how he doest the things he does. Most magician you can always count on stage props and assistants and camera tricks. But this guy has none of this, just one guy on the street talking to strangers. He even supposedly can levitate out in the middle of the street. The only thing I can figure is that the trick is in the people he walks up to are not really strangers and they are just acting.

If you have never seen him I suggest watching his specials he is amazing whether or not you believe in magic, you'll be asking yourself "how'd he do that" for days.

I have been awoken from a deep sleep at early hours of the morning by an extremly loud thump on the roof/ceiling above our bed (we have cathederal ceilings...no attic).
    That is exaclty how the footsteps on the floor above in the barn sounded like. Way to heavy for any animal, almost to heavy for a regular person to if they dont use all their energy and stomp as hard as possible.

Originally posted by BigD

Yeah I know there is no such thing a magic but have you ever see that David Blain (sp?) guy. He is a street magician and for the life of me I cannot figure out how he doest the things he does. Most magician you can always count on stage props and assistants and camera tricks. But this guy has none of this, just one guy on the street talking to strangers. He even supposedly can levitate out in the middle of the street. The only thing I can figure is that the trick is in the people he walks up to are not really strangers and they are just acting.

If you have never seen him I suggest watching his specials he is amazing whether or not you believe in magic, you'll be asking yourself "how'd he do that" for days.
    He,s just f**king weird!!

I,ve watched many of his shows and yeah he,s good but they are tricks just the same as anything else.

Jenna nuff said they are your beliefs and I respect those

I think that ghost in some way cant hurt us or dont want to. I mean almost everyone has seen or knows anyone that has seen a ghost. But how many know anyone that have been hurt by a ghost?

How come so little serious research are done in this subject?

double o seven is offline New Member
    theres a town in south texas called karnes city, where a long time ago a bus full of children broke down on the railroad tracks. before any of the children could get out, the bus was hit by an oncoming train. the bus driver and all the children died. now adays if you go to the railroad tracks stop your car on them and put it in neutral, the children will push your car to saftey. if you still need more proof, before you actually get to the tracks, spread baby powder on the bumper and trunk of your car. and after you get "pushed" off the tracks stop and look at the powder, you should be able to make out the little hand prints that pushed you across. my dad said he did it and refused to take me. he said it something you only need to do once. i could be wrong about the town but thats the name i remember.

Bro there has been loads of research into ghosts just go to your local libary.

007 spooky story

Originally posted by double o seven
    theres a town in south texas called karnes city, where a long time ago a bus full of children broke down on the railroad tracks. before any of the children could get out, the bus was hit by an oncoming train. the bus driver and all the children died. now adays if you go to the railroad tracks stop your car on them and put it in neutral, the children will push your car to saftey. if you still need more proof, before you actually get to the tracks, spread baby powder on the bumper and trunk of your car. and after you get "pushed" off the tracks stop and look at the powder, you should be able to make out the little hand prints that pushed you across. my dad said he did it and refused to take me. he said it something you only need to do once. i could be wrong about the town but thats the name i remember.

I've heard about that and even seen it here on the local news....

Weird... I wanna go see!!!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

I've heard about that and even seen it here on the local news....

Weird... I wanna go see!!!
    i've been wanting to go ever since i heared about it, but i want to go in the middle of the night to get the full effect.

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    I personally don't believe in ghosts since i've never seen one. But my cousin said he saw one. This was way back. About a week after my great grandfather had passed away, my cousin was riding a bike around the place he had passed away. He said someone was calling his name from far back and he started biking to the spot where the voice was coming from. As he was biking, he saw my great grandfather calling his name for help. He came back to the house, his face was white as a ghost with cold sweats dripping off his face. My cousin was stuttering for hours and he told us that he saw granpa, and we would all laugh. Than he started crying asking us to believe him. He was such a shock, he couldn't eat as much, he was throwing up and couldn't sleep for weeks....By the way, this was in South Korea before i moved to the US. Freaky eh?

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    interesting post...bump

Originally posted by double o seven

i've been wanting to go ever since i heared about it, but i want to go in the middle of the night to get the full effect.

Do you live in Texas?

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Bro there has been loads of research into ghosts just go to your local libary.
    the library in my town sux.
    And has the research ever proven anything?

I dont se any ghost research in any serious scientific magasine or anything like that.

So either the magasines are to embarased to write stuff like that or the ghost researchers havent came upp with anything belivable yet.

Do you live in Texas?
    sorry it took me so long to reply. yes i do live in texas check your pm.

A very good website to find out what if an urban myth or reality is www.snopes.com It covers everything from "government tax on E-mail" to "is Walt Disney frozen in cryogenics somewhere"

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    http://www.geocities.com/ghostmaster734/louisian.htm
    Here is the info on Myrtles, in St. Francisville.. Interesting read..

Thread Information