Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    theron is offline Associate Member

Who here has been 5% bodyfat or less?

Let us know how ripped and shredded you've become in the past.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I for one, am NOT!!!

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I think i dont have enough bodyfat...lol

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    If anybody want some fat I'll be able to sell you a bit! LOL

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    If anybody want some fat I'll be able to sell you a bit! LOL
    Mee too, hey Excess how much you selling yours for? I want to know what the market price will bear

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    You can have mine for free!!!!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Damn Neo, there goes my chances of putting the kids through college.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    Damn Neo, there goes my chances of putting the kids through college.

Sorry Ex!!!!!

I guess most of you have 10% bodyfat or more huh?

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    getting under 5% bodyfat is near impossible. you would really need to know your stuff to do that. the last time i competed i was at 6-7% and that was shredded. the pros get that low at times, but for us mortals its a hard thing to do.

Yeah I know it's a hard thing to do normally.Most pros use direttics.

lextheflex is offline Junior Member
    I have
    Last edited by lextheflex; 11-05-2018 at 04:18 AM.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    direttics have nothing to do with low bodyfat, they have to do with ridding yourself of water.

I would love to get down to 6% bodyfat but is that healthy?

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Did you say 50%??????????

Kid Shred is offline Member
    Lastyear I was under 4% for 2 weeks, and was living in another universe mentally.I mean completely "out of it" in any type of human comprehension, I call it the "Hooked-On-Ketonix".It was cool.
    I'm a little under 5% right now and behind schedule.

Originally posted by Kid Shred
    Lastyear I was under 4% for 2 weeks, and was living in another universe mentally.I mean completely "out of it" in any type of human comprehension, I call it the "Hooked-On-Ketonix".It was cool.
    I'm a little under 5% right now and behind schedule.
    How much of the year do you stay at this level Kid Shred ? Do you ever go past 10% even on a bulking cycle ?

superbeast is offline Member
    As Eye Candy said, diuretics are for water and not fat. It is definately possible to get in 5% area. The lowest I've ever been was 5.8% and that wasn't to compete or anything. I wasn't even using clen or T3 or DNP . It's all about diet. I usually maintain at about 6.5% during the summer and have only been over 8% for about a month in the last 3 years.

Originally posted by superbeast
    As Eye Candy said, diuretics are for water and not fat. It is definately possible to get in 5% area. The lowest I've ever been was 5.8% and that wasn't to compete or anything. I wasn't even using clen or T3 or DNP. It's all about diet. I usually maintain at about 6.5% during the summer and have only been over 8% for about a month in the last 3 years.
    Is it just diet or is some of this also genetic factors Superbeast ?

I think anybody can get to those bodyfat levels. It may be harder for some than others. Maybe i shouldn't have said it was all about diet because there are other factors. Raising your metabolism is dependant on several things. Meal spacing, breakdown of carbs to protein to fat that you eat, amount of muscle you have, amount of cardio, etc are all factors. The hardest part is getting where you want to be. It is not nearly as hard to maintain. People who don't workout usually get out of shape and then have a hard road ahead instead of just staying in decent shape with a little work.

I think anybody can get to those bodyfat levels. It may be harder for some than others. Maybe i shouldn't have said it was all about diet because there are other factors. Raising your metabolism is dependant on several things. Meal spacing, breakdown of carbs to protein to fat that you eat, amount of muscle you have, amount of cardio, etc are all factors. The hardest part is getting where you want to be. It is not nearly as hard to maintain. People who don't workout usually get out of shape and then have a hard road ahead instead of just staying in decent shape with a little work.
    Thanks for the explaination SuperBeast

no prob, canes

i personanally have never known many people to get down that low, so my hats off to you guys. i used the calipers to test mine a few months ago, and i was very lean, and it came up 4-5 %, but that is way off. you have to add 7-8% to that. getting tested hydrostatically is the best way. i once read that dorian got down to 4% for his first olympia win, and that was as shredded as shredded could be. any lower than that an you probably couldnt survive. a true bodyfat% of 5% is off of the map. thats pro caliber conditioning.

Originally posted by bigkev
    i personanally have never known many people to get down that low, so my hats off to you guys. i used the calipers to test mine a few months ago, and i was very lean, and it came up 4-5 %, but that is way off. you have to add 7-8% to that. getting tested hydrostatically is the best way. i once read that dorian got down to 4% for his first olympia win, and that was as shredded as shredded could be. any lower than that an you probably couldnt survive. a true bodyfat% of 5% is off of the map. thats pro caliber conditioning.
    Sorry, but this is a ridiculous statement. Pro caliber level is in the high 3 to 4 level. Calipers are only as good as the person using them and the system and the formula being used. Anything under 8% and hydrostatic weighing becomes very erratic and inaccurate. I take bodyfat with calipers all the time, on other people. If you're using a system that is any good, you won't be able to do it on yourself. I have even taken bodyfat with calipers on a person just before they were hydrostatically weighed and there was only .5% difference.

I have another question then.....

Is there a different level that individuals will look different at...I.E. :

person A is at 10% but you cannot see abs
    person B is at 11% but has fully visible abs

Can this occur and can it be the difference that you have to learn through trial & error in dieting before a show?

Also is it possible someone could get in the single digits and never see a 6 pack?

Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    I have another question then.....

Is there a different level that individuals will look different at...I.E. :

person A is at 10% but you cannot see abs
    person B is at 11% but has fully visible abs

Can this occur and can it be the difference that you have to learn through trial & error in dieting before a show?

Also is it possible someone could get in the single digits and never see a 6 pack?
    It is very possible, Canes. Every body holds different percentages of their fat in different sites on the body. Person A could hold a lot of fat in their abdominal area while person B could hold theirs on their back or arms or something.

As for the 6 pack question, I would say it is possible, everybody is different.

It is very possible, Canes. Every body holds different percentages of their fat in different sites on the body. Person A could hold a lot of fat in their abdominal area while person B could hold theirs on their back or arms or something.

As for the 6 pack question, I would say it is possible, everybody is different.
    Thanks so much for your insight bro. Good stuff to think about.

i guess we just have different sources of info and different experiances. i find it hard to beleive that you stay at 6% year round. you are above that in your pics in the members pics forum. not saying that you dont, but there is no way you are 6% in the picture i am posting with this reply.

Sorry, but this is a ridiculous statement. Pro caliber level is in the high 3 to 4 level. Calipers are only as good as the person using them and the system and the formula being used. Anything under 8% and hydrostatic weighing becomes very erratic and inaccurate. I take bodyfat with calipers all the time, on other people. If you're using a system that is any good, you won't be able to do it on yourself. I have even taken bodyfat with calipers on a person just before they were hydrostatically weighed and there was only .5% difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who here has been 5% bodyfat or less?-front-double-bi-263.jpg  

here is a pic of me at 9-10% bf, and this pic is leaner than yours. i am sure of my bf% here because i had it tested several times. not picking a fight, just pleading my case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who here has been 5% bodyfat or less?-ripped.jpg  

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    You both are huge fuckers. Just sitting here laughting, cause I feel small as shit. Thanks guys

B-A-M-F is offline Associate Member
    damn kev, u look great there man, ur gettin shreadded while stayin huge, u just dieting???

thats a pic from a few months back. super beast weighed more than me in his pic, he is a big guy.

Jenna is offline Female Member
    thats a pic from a few months back. super beast weighed more than me in his pic, he is a big guy.
    You and Superbeast are both big guys with different builds. He is 6'3 - you are 5'11.... both of you guys have awesome physique's and you guys have both put a lot of hard work into your bodies - regardless of 1 or 2%'s difference in BF.

We should all encourage each other and give each other props for jobs well done.

<<<< JENNA >>>>

ibiza69 is offline Senior Member
    i entered a show last year and got down to 5% 3 days before the show and looked like shit, i was holding way too much water in my lower back and my tris, the day before the show i stared cramping so bad i could hardly stand up and it hurt to pose. on the day of the show i dropped out because it all got too much so i just stared to eat every thing in sight and got up to about 6.5% and looked 10x better, not as dry as before but a lot fuller and cut. BTW this was the only time i was ever under 12% in my life now im at around 15%.
    oh yeah superbeast when ronnie was in jay leno he said that he once got down to 4% bf, so you might be right.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    Well if I didn't fell fat before I read this thread....

If I could get onder 20% I'd be happy, to be under 10%....man now that's a dream.

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    i think that it all depends on your genetics and things. i go to ohio state and my roomate was a football player last year and he ate horrible and he stayed around 6 the whole time and another guy on the team stayed around 5 so its really possible just depends what u do i guess

i guess we just have different sources of info and different experiances. i find it hard to beleive that you stay at 6% year round. you are above that in your pics in the members pics forum. not saying that you dont, but there is no way you are 6% in the picture i am posting with this reply.
    In response, first of all I didn't say that I stay at 6% year round. I said about 6.5% during the summer. I also said that I was only above 8% one time in the past 3 years. That was at the peak of my last bulking cycle which was when that picture was taken. I had my bodyfat done 3 days after those pics and it was 8.19%. When I posted those pics, I said that. I was also holding a lot of water, as I don't use Nolvadex or Arimidex because I have never had any sides.

To take a guess as to your bodyfat in your picture, I would say at least under 8%, but as I stated before, everybody holds fat in different places. Your back may be holding some or your legs. I know from other pics that your legs don't look as lean as mine even in my pic at 8.19%.

you are spot on about the water. a person could be 5%bf and spill over and look like sh*t. it is definately a science to get ripped, and thats at anything under 6-7%bf. when you get that low, 1 percentage point can make a big difference.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I was around 9% a few months back but that has gone LOL I,d be happy with 6-7% but to be honest I think 8-10% is achieveable for most people all year round.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    Ok since we are on the subject of bf% i have a dumb question. I know you guys love those.

I've been noticing that I've never seen any big guys do cardio. Granted they are not at 6% b/f but they are very lean. Is it just the diet that's keeping them that lean or what.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information