broncojosh is offline Senior Member

Does this annoy you?

Does it irritate you guys when you see an obese person at the grocery store raiding the Twinkie and chips isle, or at a restaurant eating fried chicken etc? Just curious

Dizzy is offline Banned
    no. i concentrate on myself. not others. i especially concentrate on myself when i'm raiding the twinkie isle or scarfing down some KFC my damn self. (im bulking) i wish these people would get some self respect and workout...but that is up to them.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I notice and wonder how and why some people are comfortable like that...but hey, more power to them. If you're happy with who you are, then you're golden.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    "the views expressed in this thread are for conversation purposes only, they do not necessarily represent the views of the poster"... I know there must be people out there that don't mind being overweight, but I guarantee most of them do...

BigD is offline Associate Member
    I agree with Diesel but that's only if they are content with the way they are.

Now when I here people complain that their too fat and how they wish they could loose weight and they still keep hitting the KFC then yes it get under my skin.

NightOp is offline Member
    Ya, I too have alot of buds from high school that are obese, and I have told them that if they ever wanted to do something about it, I would help them as much as I can.. They don't seem to care because they are so used to it. Different strokes for different folks.

On the other hand, rarely, when I see a natural muscle monster who is not training right or eating right and doesn't realize his potential, I think to myself "gosh, if only I had those genetics, I would not waste them like he is...". I know I should not think this because, like yall said, I know that I must only look at myself and reach my own goals and not compare myself to others, but it happends.

Scorpion is offline Junior Member
    What annoys me is when they eat pork fried rice, McDonald's, Burger King, Pizza Hut etc. and have a "Diet Coke." Like the Diet Coke is gonna make a difference or satisfy their conscience that they're actually trying to diet. Then they ask me "what fat burner should I take?" But they never say "how much cardio should I do?" or "how much should I workout?"

They never wanna workout, but they wanna keep eating tons of crap and think they'll lose weight cause they drink diet soda and take some fat burner pills.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    if people are happy the way they are then good for them - im happy for them. being able to enjoy your life and enjoy being who you are is what its all about

when we see something about ourselves that we dont like we get off our asses and do something about it, we dont sit and whine about it and carry on feeling bad about it

sure im overweight right now, but i train 5 days a week, and i train hard enough to make younger guys puke when they try to keep up. my only weakness is a love of good food (i dont drink or smoke) so i tend to carry weight round the middle.

when i DO decide that i want to lose weight the good food goes out the window - im strict - painfully so. i set my goal and i strike for it with a vengence - i do cardio till i cant move and i keep it up until i reach my goal

when i see fat people complain about being fat, WHINE about it in fact, whinging to everyone how they would love to lose weight but cant, and all the while they are stuffing their fat faces with more crap - that annoys me

if there is something you dont like - change it - dont whine about it

murph is offline Member
    I dont mind the fat ppl,.......its the real obese ones that get to me a little,.......IMO....... there is no way that they are truly happy!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't mind fat people that eat fatty foods...as long as they don't complain about being fat! So many women are like that - "Omigod...(pauses to eat Big Mac)...I'm so fat!!!"

Nico is offline Associate Member
    If they are happy about being a fat slob, then it doesnt bother me. But if they sit there and eat those twinkies in front of me and tell me they are fat and want to loose weight because they feel and look like shit, well then that really pisses me off!

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Yes, but it doesn't anger me as much as make me feel sad for them. Working in a grocery store part-time for 22 years (1976 to 1998) I got a real perspective on this and long got over any anger.

Nothing we can do, I have talked myself blue a few times, but it changes nothing. I eventually just gave up and tried not to think about it.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    It bothers me any time that people do someing that hurts people; even if it's somebody hurting themselves by shoving a twinkie into their gob when they are already overweight and out of shape. Obesity is a real problem, even if obese people won't acknowldege it.

I am very annoyed by fat people that run around screaming 'accept me even if I am fat.' I am offended by that. I resent somebody telling me that their obesity problem is my 'acceptance' problem!
    Last edited by Ajax; 04-20-2002 at 11:39 PM.

Originally posted by Ajax
    I am very annoyed though by people that run around screaming 'accept me even if I am fat.' I am offended by that. Obesity is a problem and I resent somebody telling me that their fat problem is my 'acceptance' problem!

Very well put Ajax.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    I am very annoyed by fat people that run around screaming 'accept me even if I am fat.' I am offended by that. I resent somebody telling me that their obesity problem is my 'acceptance' problem!
    AMEN!!

in reference to 47john's comment - you are quite right - i am NOT annoyed by people who have a medical condition which makes them fat or obese in any way - they cant help that and presumably they take medication to help them, if that is in fact possible.

the people i (we) are talking about are those with no medical problem, but who refuse to perform any exercise at all and who stuff themselves stupid all the time.

as for not putting on any weight no matter what you eat - you are the exception not the rule! if i LOOK at a pizza a gain weight! i work darn hard to keep to the bf level i am at - if i take time off the gym i have to cut down on what i eat or i would become a blob overnight!!

you have to remember the number of calories we are burning up in the gym 5 days a week!

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    If we were all the same then i think life would get boring....(FAT, THIN,SHORT,OR TALL)We must respect that person for who they are...JMO...

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    i dont get annoyed but i get disturbed. If you're that obese why make yourself even fatter than you are now? that's what i think

Dizzy is offline Banned
    if you don't accept someone because they are fat then that is your acceptance problem. i'm not meaning to attack or flame you bro. maybe i misunderstood. alot of people treat others differently due to the fact that they are small, fat, ugly, or whatever. that is wrong. all these things do not make the person. it is the love they are capable of giving. and their intelligence. and of course their skill at doing things they love to do.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    i dont think there is an acceptance problem when the person accepts themselves as fat too - a close freind of mine is massive (obese) and happy being that way, in fact he regularly rips me up because i go to the gym and im too "skinny"

its the people who complain about being fat while stuffing themselves and doing nothing to help themselves and THEN say that i have an acceptance problem - they are the problem here because THEY dont accept themselves they just pretend to, and its almost like they want sympathy for being unable to lose weight.

i totally agree that the physical size of a person has no bearing on their intelligence or ability to show love etc - however you have to wonder about intelligence when they complain about being obese while they stuff another pizza down their neck and blame me for my lack of understanding! seems to me like they are in denial and/or lazy!

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I phrased that wrong.

I have no problem with fat people. What I have a problem with is people telling me that I have a perception problem if I find them unattractive.

Fat is unattractive. I think almost everybody would people would agree.

What I was trying to denouce was the fat guys and gals that get on Oprah or Jerry Springer and scream "hey I am fat and I am still beautiful" then proceed to tell the world that the rest of us have a problem because we can not see their physical beauty.

Sorry, but that's not reality.

Maybe I phrased that wrong.

I have no problem with fat people. What I have a problem with is people telling me that I have a perception problem if I find them unattractive.

Fat is unattractive. I think almost everybody would people would agree.

What I was trying to denouce was the fat guys and gals that get on Oprah or Jerry Springer and scream "hey I am fat and I am still beautiful" then proceed to tell the world that the rest of us have a problem because we can not see their physical beauty.

Sorry, but that's not reality.
    Not totally, there are people who label themselves *chubby chasers*, and they love the hideously obese.

Thread Information