Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator

i have an epiphany...

i have decided to become a priest! this way i can take steroids and even sell them without ever having to worry that i'll get prosecuted by the law! hell, if those pedophile priests can get away with child rape, i should be able to get away with using drugs. the only thing i'll have to worry about is maybe they'll force me to practice at a new church!

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I am behind ya all the way Doc, I will be your best customer.

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    That would make going to church very interesting.......What would the sermons be about...... i sure Dr. Evil could enlighten us even more about AS.

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Tedmax195
    That would make going to church very interesting.......What would the sermons be about...... i sure Dr. Evil could enlighten us even more about AS.
    i wouldn't be able to uphold my vow of celebecy (sp?) though

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    If thats the case then i'll join you too, and shit if they can get away with child rape, i'm sure we could get away with sex with a consenting adult.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    Dr. Evil..the priest of the Iron God...call my twisted but i like the sound of that.

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    Originally posted by BigD
    Dr. Evil..the priest of the Iron God...call my twisted but i like the sound of that.
    same with me does that make me twisted too!!!

Destructo is offline Associate Member
    I heard that all you need is proof that you are a holy man/nice guy. I would be happy to write a letter to your state legislature on your behalf- Oh High-Priest-of-Atlas!
    Heck, you could be on to something here...

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: i have an epiphany...

Originally posted by Dr.Evil
    i have decided to become a priest! this way i can take steroids and even sell them without ever having to worry that i'll get prosecuted by the law! hell, if those pedophile priests can get away with child rape, i should be able to get away with using drugs. the only thing i'll have to worry about is maybe they'll force me to practice at a new church!
    All Hail the All High Priest of The Goddess of Sqw'hat, His Holiness, Dr. Evil !!

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I want to become a priest too! But mostly so I can stand up on a platform high above everbody else, point down at them and scream "SINNERS! FORNICATORS! YOU ARE ALL GOING TO HELL!"

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Damn, yea there are some priests in the Catholic church who should be shot, and no, they don't deserve immunity just because they are priests, but people need to realize that with all its flaws, the Catholic Church is still a good institution. I don't always agree with its decisions, but at least understand that it is trying to survive in a world where the number of priests, nuns, monks, etc... is decreasing by the day. The Church is trying to makes things better, just give it some time.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by JP1570
    people need to realize that with all its flaws, the Catholic Church is still a good institution.
    I'm not religious at all, however I can't totally disagree with this statement.

Originally posted by EXCESS

I'm not religious at all, however I can't totally disagree with this statement.
    But I can't totally agree with it either, sorry Excess, but Rome has a lot to answer to.

This can't and shouldn't be swept under the carpet.

I can understand why you would disagree with me Canes, after all, the church has never had much tolerance for certain groups, including homosexuals. Although this is the church's public stance, it is not the practice of most Catholics I know, including myself. I do believe that Rome has a lot to answer to, but I think Bill Clinton and GW Bush do also. Does that mean we as Americans are guilty for the things our leaders have done? No. Just like the Catholic Church is not guilty as a whole for what its leaders have done, because when it comes down to it, The Vatican is nothing more than a political institution itself. It seeks to protect its constituencey, just like any good politician.

Originally posted by JP1570
    I can understand why you would disagree with me Canes, after all, the church has never had much tolerance for certain groups, including homosexuals. Although this is the church's public stance, it is not the practice of most Catholics I know, including myself. I do believe that Rome has a lot to answer to, but I think Bill Clinton and GW Bush do also. Does that mean we as Americans are guilty for the things our leaders have done? No. Just like the Catholic Church is not guilty as a whole for what its leaders have done, because when it comes down to it, The Vatican is nothing more than a political institution itself. It seeks to protect its constituencey, just like any good politician.
    And that JP is the complete dichotomy of the situation, the Church's stance on homosexuality is but one of those instances. Churches in this and other countries have always been involved, too involved in politics.

Please understand I am not blaming the decent and good people that the majority of Roman Catholic priests and parishioners are; just those that have abused their power and authority in the Church's hierarchy, namely some Bishops, Archbishops and Cardinals, who would rather it seems, sweep this problem under the carpet, rather than facing the issue and resolving it so the good and decent people of the Faith aren't disillousioned and hurt by the prolonging of the crisis.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    at your church

my i suggest for communion

dbols for the body
    and whinny for the blood

Originally posted by DevilsDeity
    at your church

my i suggest for communion

dbols for the body
    and whinny for the blood

Do sources take up the collection plates ?

latman49 is offline Member
    I don't want to bash the catholic church, but stuff like this has gone on since its beginning. During the Crusades, they would turn people upside down and saw them in half starting between their legs if they didn't accept their docterine. That's pretty wacked!!

Doc, if you become a preist, you can do all of you dealing out of the confession booth. Folks will come to confession every day!

I agree with you Canes, we, at times, have also suffered from some pretty bad representatives. I have no defense or clever analogy for some of the things my church has done and some of its viewpoints. It's just hard to see an institution you value and know is at least inherently good be dragged through the mud everywhere you look. The church has a lot of re-thinking to do on issues of doctrine, such as priests not being able to marry and acceptance of alternative lifestyles. I don't think the church necessarily did a bad thing by covering up what these priests did, and I can see why they just relocated them, with the number of priests diminishing as much as it is. They hoped that this would not be a recurring problem and did not want to lose someone who had always been a good priest up until.... Is what they did right??? From a utilitarian stance, one could say "yes," although I don't think many would argue that side. I, by no means am seeking to condone their actions, only to shed a little light on their motives. Anyway, like I said, I believe in my church and think they will make the necessary changes even if it means departing from tradition.

Thread Information