fritz2435 is offline Member

Thumbs up Free Ipods- not too good to be true...

Just found a site where you sign up for an offer, cancel it, and refer it to 5 different people and you will receive a free 20 gb ipod! sounds too good to be true but it was on CNN.. PM me for the link if you want it.

Samson7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fritz2435
    Just found a site where you sign up for an offer, cancel it, and refer it to 5 different people and you will receive a free 20 gb ipod! sounds too good to be true but it was on CNN.. PM me for the link if you want it.

Ya i have to say it does sound too good to be true...its too easy, i know theres a catch

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    ya and u can get a free laptop too if you wanted.. garbage.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    This is an old scam.

~SC~

By the way, I'm not trying to spam or anything. If the mods feel what I'm doing is wrong, please feel free to delete this post. (Or if you mods want a free ipod, pm me... )

worldtraveln is offline Associate Member
    No need to send me the website, just send the Ipod. I'll be waiting.

I know someone who has gotten his ipod. He signed up for a coupon service and cancelled after a week (paid 1 dollar subscription fee), then referred 5 people (i was referred by one of the people he referred) to do the same.

Samson7 is offline Member
    i have a 4gb ipod thats good enough for me

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    I know of some bros, back when Meso was running strong, that said they received one after completing the offers. Are referrals always needed? I only ask because I saw an offer for a $200 pre-paid gas card that didn't mention anything about referring people. It just said I had to complete TWO offers. With gas prices escalating, I'm thinking about giving it a try.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    are people really this stupid? how does it make any sense to lose money to the public as a business? if the answer in your head is that "it doesn't" then maybe think twice about being one of the people that falls for this crap.. think

sherpa27 is offline Junior Member
    it is for real me and a friend got one each

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    are people really this stupid? how does it make any sense to lose money to the public as a business? if the answer in your head is that "it doesn't" then maybe think twice about being one of the people that falls for this crap.. think
    The site is: http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=21361155

Just give it a look, check out the terms and conditions.

It is not a scam. Think about it... there are 21 companies offering services that essentially pay to advertise their services. These companies, rather than spending a sh!tload of money to advertise on television, choose to do so through website offers. One ipod costs apple maybe 50-60 bucks to make. If 21 different companies pay to advertise on the website, think of how much money is to be made. Also, think of how many people must see it. If each person who gets the ipod completes an offer and each of his/her 5 referrals does so as well, the network spreads like wildfire.

gman13 is offline Junior Member
    I Seen This Offer On Ebay Couple Of Weeks Ago, Even If It Is Real Sometimes I Would Rather Pay Than Deal With The Hassle Of Trying To Get Refs Just Not Worth It To Me

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Why not instead of spending ALL day on a computer trying to get free shit...actually do some WORK and go out and BUY ONE!! Hmm...but maybe thats a BIT too difficult!

Quote Originally Posted by PaRiS2005
    Why not instead of spending ALL day on a computer trying to get free shit...actually do some WORK and go out and BUY ONE!! Hmm...but maybe thats a BIT too difficult!

Why not do it if it's free? I hooked up a friend by accepting his referral anyway. I just cancelled my membership to "eversave connections" today. Even gonna be getting a 25 buck walmart gift card in the mail in 8 weeks!

cavemanspearchucker is offline Associate Member

Unhappy

Why not do it if it's free? I hooked up a friend by accepting his referral anyway. I just cancelled my membership to "eversave connections" today. Even gonna be getting a 25 buck walmart gift card in the mail in 8 weeks!
    F**k walmart. their ceilings are to high. freaks me out. not to mention all they snaggle tooths that go there. place is disgusting

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by cavemanspearchucker
    F**k walmart. their ceilings are to high. freaks me out. not to mention all they snaggle tooths that go there. place is disgusting

Why not do it if it's free? I
    Nothing is free... ever...

They now get your address, phone and more personal information than I'd give... this is going to be sold on 10,000 lists left right and center. Junk mail city and telemarketing hell here we come. Valid personal information does have a cash value to junk mailer.

I am sure they considered this "cancelling loophole" and would not have allowed it if they didn't at least break even. After all this is a business, not a charity.

Red

Here's a link to the website with news reports about the deal. (Yahoo News, Wired News, CBS Marketwatch, etc. all explaining it)

http://www.gratisnetwork.com/pressroom.html

According to yahoo:
    (http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050627/cgm011.html?.v=12)

"Our business revolves around helping our advertisers, such as Citibank, Blockbuster and AOL, connect with potential new customers. By giving away iPods, we attract more people to try our advertisers' online offers," Jewell said. "Every time someone tries one of those online offers, Gratis is paid a fee. We pool those fees together to pay for the cost of the iPod, the shipping, plus our overhead and profit."

"It's a simple, straightforward, honest business model that offers a lot of value to consumers, to our advertisers and to Gratis itself," Martin said. "When a consumer tries an online offer, we are compensated. In exchange for that, we make it possible for that same consumer to get an Apple iPod, totally free of charge. In the last year, we made that happen for more than 17,000 people. In the coming year, we expect that number to be even larger."

Getting a free Apple iPod from Gratis is easy, Martin said. "There are two steps: (1) register at freeiPods.com and try an online offer from one of our highly regarded national advertisers; (2) refer five friends, each of whom must try one online offer each. After that, we send your iPod, totally free of charge."

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    I paid for my Ipod.. Seems easier that way, and I knew for sure it wasnt a crapshoot

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    I paid for my Ipod.. Seems easier that way, and I knew for sure it wasnt a crapshoot
    You in New Brunswick?

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juicy_brucy
    You in New Brunswick?
    yes sir..

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    Not a crapshoot.. i've actually seen the free goods. Besides, why pay for something you can get for free? Most people are just too lazy to put in the effort to do all the requirements.

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Not a crapshoot.. i've actually seen the free goods. Besides, why pay for something you can get for free? Most people are just too lazy to put in the effort to do all the requirements.
    There's no such thing as free lunch, man.

sherpa27 is offline Junior Member
    hes right it does work i got one and a friend got one pretty easy as a student everyone "fell for it" now alot of people are satisfied, oh and when i posted this a year ago i warned not to do it again or id get banned, lol

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    if you want a free ipod do what my gf did. win it with a pepsi

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    I still want to try and get that $200 gas card.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Quote Originally Posted by cavemanspearchucker
    I agree. Fuk walmart.

Thread Information