skribbble is offline Member

airplane security ?

Ive never been on an airplane before except my friends private jet. Im goign to pick up a car this week in another state and i was wondering if my valentine 1 radar detector would be allowed on the plane?

anyone?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I don't see why not, it's not like it's a weapon or is going to be plugged in.

~SC~

gymnutt is offline Associate Member
    Shouldn't be a problem. When you walk through the xray tell them you have a radar detector in your bag; fully legal in most states. Hopefully it is clearly marked or etched. At most they can sniff it for plastique/signature, the xray will reveal what's inside it. If, which I doubt, they give you sht..Ask for a sup. Some of these TSA people are severely retarded. You may have heard of the mother who while carrying a newborn infant aroused the suspicion of a TSA screener with three bottles of "breast milk". The TSA screener demanded the mother drink her own breast milk to prove it was in fact breast milk and not some other foreign substance. There's a ton of qualified people on site if you have a problem or disagreement...just stay calm.

Just make sure that radar detectors are legal at the place you're going to or leaving from...

If you're in Canada or will be making a pickup here don't bring the detector in the province of Quebec... mere *posession* is illegal... you get a $1500 ticket + confiscation.

Red

Ok cool thanks for the replys. Im going to chicago and i live in cleveland at the moment so a radar detector is legal in both places. I just didnt know how stiff plane security was since ive never rode on a plane before and after seeing that toe nail clippers are banned as carry ons i figured i would better to be safe then sorry!

I also have the box that it came in... Shuold i put it in the box so they know exactly what is it?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes, completely OK. 100%.

Thread Information