Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Anyone been scammed on EBAY???

Just wondering if any of ya'll have been scammed on e-bay. If so, what happened and how did you handle it???

Peace

Big Show 23 Guest
    Yeah I've been scammed.I bought an old cartoon from my younger days back in the 80's.That was before easter weekend last month and I still haven't received the video,he doesn't return my e-mails,and he's already cashed my money order.There isn't much I can do so I take solice in the fact that I only lost $14 and that I managed to d/l that same movie off the 'net

Originally posted by Big Show 23
    Yeah I've been scammed.I bought an old cartoon from my younger days back in the 80's.That was before easter weekend last month and I still haven't received the video,he doesn't return my e-mails,and he's already cashed my money order.There isn't much I can do so I take solice in the fact that I only lost $14 and that I managed to d/l that same movie off the 'net
    Did you take any action with ebay??? Let them know what happened???

Big Show 23 Guest
    To tell you the truth I don't even care now.It was just $14(I make $14+ a month in interest on my savings account) and I just won't deal with that seller again

Originally posted by Big Show 23
    To tell you the truth I don't even care now.It was just $14(I make $14+ a month in interest on my savings account) and I just won't deal with that seller again
    Ya, but it's the principal of the matter bro, not the amount. A scammer is a scammer. Plain and simple.

Peace

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm 1 for 1 with Ebay purchases, but that doesn't mean I trust that process.

NightOp is offline Member
    Ebay is good for selling stuff... not for buying IMO.. unless you can't get it anywhere else... of course it depends on what is being sold. I doubt someone selling a 69 Camaro SS with a zillion pics and two pages of descriptions is really tryin to rip someone off.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Got scammed on a computer back in the day, little bastard dissapeared with my dough, and no computer for me!

Originally posted by G Child
    Got scammed on a computer back in the day, little bastard dissapeared with my dough, and no computer for me!

Bro, that really sux. How much $$$ did you lose and did you report it to ebay?

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    I would have reported it but my dumb @ss emailed the bastard and got it without going through ebay. They couldn't have done anything about it. I still use ebay now but don't buy anything without bidding on it. I've probably made over 100 purchases and have gotten everything since that.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I hane'nt had a problem yet. I ordered about 6-7 times. From books to paintings, no scams yet

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    I've never been scammed and I'm an ebayaholic! I think if you go through paypal it is pretty safe. Plus I always read the sellers feedback before I place a bid just to makesure it was all positive.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    I've had good luck with my E-bay, I bought most everything for my stereo in my truck through E-bay with 100% satisfaction.

However I think I just got scammed. I won the bid for a rare limited addition Creed CD from someone and never heard from them, like the total amount owed or anything. So I put a negative remark saying just that and guess what. That next day I received a negative mark saying I never contacted her. So I spent another 20 bucks to get mine and her remarks removed. However that was 2 months ago and i still have not received the CD, and since I had those remarks removed I cannot leave another one.

I need to try and contact her again, the only thing that was weird is her location said Japan and I thought that might make things take longer this is ridiculous.

All in all I would buy from E-bay again.

Originally posted by BigD
    I've had good luck with my E-bay, I bought most everything for my stereo in my truck through E-bay with 100% satisfaction.

However I think I just got scammed. I won the bid for a rare limited addition Creed CD from someone and never heard from them, like the total amount owed or anything. So I put a negative remark saying just that and guess what. That next day I received a negative mark saying I never contacted her. So I spent another 20 bucks to get mine and her remarks removed. However that was 2 months ago and i still have not received the CD, and since I had those remarks removed I cannot leave another one.

I need to try and contact her again, the only thing that was weird is her location said Japan and I thought that might make things take longer this is ridiculous.

All in all I would buy from E-bay again.
    It cost $20 to geet that shit removed??...e-bay makes a killing..LOL

BigD is offline Associate Member
    actually it's not E-bay it's a third party that get's involved that gets your remarks removed.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    I got scammed for a 2002 Mr. Olympia tape. I reported it and they said it was below the minimum price to take any action, or something like that. I think the minimum price was $19.99. This was around 4 months ago.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Same thing happend to me when I ordered my beer bong it want over 20 so I didnt get jack shit I ended having to make on the one I was going to order was a 2 person one though

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    I order shit from there all the time.. I've gotten scammed before but nothing major that I really cared about.. Oh well it will happen..

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Ordered 40 or 50 items, some from overseas, never had any problems, except for one lady wouldn't give me her mailing address to send the $$$ to . . . guess she didn't like the final selling price, whatever . . .
    I got a great selling price on my Vulcan . . . the place to sell motorized stuff, IMHO.

hybrid is offline Member
    I almost got scammed once buying a $325 cell phone. The guy wouldn't return any emails or anything after I sent him the money. I tracked his ass down. I got his address off of ebay. Traced that to get his phone number out east somewhere. Turns out it wasn't his, but an old girlfriend. She was nice and gave me another address and phone number in another state. That turns out to be his mother's house. I explain to her what happened. She starts cussing him and explains to me that it isn't the first time it happened and all that. Then she gives me another address and phone number. Finally I got his ass. He was pretty surprised that I tracked him down and wanted to know how I did it. I told him that I was a cop (which I'm not) and that I ran him through the database. I then told him that I would make his life miserable if he screwed me. He cussed me out and told me I was abusing my authority (which I didn't have in the first place) and was mad that I called his mom and ex, because they were calling him now too. The short of it was that a phone showed up a week later.
    I had another lady that tried to screw me, but I had paid her via paypal, so I just called my credit card company and stopped payment. Paypal didn't like it, but screw them. It was for $450.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I've sold and bought a ton of stuff on Ebay with no problems!!!! I LOVE IT

Thread Information