Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator

Spam e-mails on your hotmail acct

I have received 769 e-mails in ONE day from these guys "Claim your free government grant money" grantsmoney6317@edu

Anyone else getting this crap?

BigD is offline Associate Member
    I get so much spam it's not even funny, but that one doesn't sound familiar. Then again i delete most everything that doesn’t look familiar.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Guys set your security to 'high' on hotmail and it will cease to happen. I bet you've never looked at your security settings in the site !.

You can also set it to 'exclusive', whereby only those in your address folder can make it through to your inbox.

Bouncer

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Billy I feel your pain. If the government owed you money, they would send it to you. I'm starting to hate email as much as the phone. Problem with hotmail is that you can only block like 270 senders or so, then it won't let you block anymore. What the fuck? Is there a way around this?

This same person has sent me a further f**king 451 e-mails and Bouncer I have my junk mail options sent.Problem is they get directed to that folder and when i checked I was at 93% max capacity.Asshole

I was getting so much junk mail in my real mailbox that I had to put "deceased" on the address correction part of the mail. The mailman told me about this neat little trick and it works!! Not much junk mail anymore. It only works on bulk postage, not first class.

If some fuck keeps sending me spam, I just send them back a virus.

OK this is driving me nutz I,ve had 2087 spam e-mails from the SAME company within 15 hours and I,ve been contacted by hotmail now to empty my acct wtf? Someone please tell me where I can get a virus to send to this asshole

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Berfore you send a virus (Which put YOU in the wrong) contact Hotmail admin with a very strong mail about abuse of their service. Make sure you give complete details of the company who is sending this junk to you, since what they are doing is not actually legal.

Hotmail should act against this company and block them from their servers. A mailshot is not considered spam by Hotmail, since each person only gets one email, but when you get this many its spam at its worst and they take action about it.

Give that a try before you break the rules yourself because sods law says you will be the one to catch shit over it!!

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Billy Boy
    This same person has sent me a further f**king 451 e-mails and Bouncer I have my junk mail options sent.Problem is they get directed to that folder and when i checked I was at 93% max capacity.Asshole
    That is sooooooo not cool, what jerks they are !

then they want you to pay more for extra storage, BULLSHIT!

Thanks for the advice Kaz I,ll give it ago its taking the piss I must be upto around 3000 sent from this 1 company!

Canes what we spoke about the other day on the phone about spam e-mails I,m getting the same prob drop me an e-mail will you bro listing a few of the addy,s I want to see if they are the same as the ones I,m getting,you know what I,m talking about ;-)

BigD is offline Associate Member
    Damn 3000 E-mail in 15 hours, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything to this extreme.

These is a program out there...I think at www.spamkiller.com...that might help you.

If you have the POP version of hotmail then it will work, however if you have the HTTP version then it will not work. Basically it scans your Inbox and anything it detects as spam is deleted. It get's a lot more detailed but I cant find the website right now. I'll post it when I’m sure on the site.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Spam gets me hot under the collar. The guys who send Spam are the scum of the earth! Clever scum too, which makes them all the more annoying.

I used to own/run several web sites and I had a mail server that I administered. One Spammer found a security hole in the mail server program, hacked my server and started to use it as the outgoing server for his Spam. It totally bogged down my mail and web servers with the thousands of mails an hour that he pumped through it AND it got my mail server put on a "black hole list" which meant that a lot of server would not accept any mail from my mail server--so MY LEGITIMATE emails for my company were being blocked all over the 'net. It took me about 40 hours to fix the hole, clean all the crap put of my mail server, clean the returned mail queues, and contact the black hole lists to get my server off the black hole lists. That translated to a lot of lost money!

F**king scum of the earth!

Anyway, now that you know the depths of my rage:

Get a “private” email address and give that only to family and friends. (Maybe 50 close friends know my private email address, that’s it!)

If you post your email on any web site, it will get scooped up eventually and put on email marketing lists and sold/traded widely. You probably want to get a second email for ‘public’ use and discard it if Spam gets to be too big of a problem.

Never click on a link or reply to a Spam email; it sends a signal to the Spammer that they have a ‘live’ email address. (Which means more Spam.)

Hotmail has a setting that will allow you to define a specific email address as Spam & immediately send it to the trash. Try that for this specific problem. It doesn’t work that well in general, ‘cuz most Spammers change addresses every mailing, some change it with every email!

I feel your pain Bro’!

BTW: some morons put 1-800 numbers in their Spam emails. If this guy did, spend all your free time calling it and when they answer, order a double-cheese pepperoni pizzas! Fuck with them! It will tie up the operator and he has to pay for every call. (This is also fun to do to TV Evangelists…)

el_zorro_007 is offline New Member
    hey BILLY BOY you may learn something on this site check it out http://www.cleo-and-nacho.com/mainpages/hacking.htm

Thread Information