Thread: New tattoo pics

ticboy is offline Junior Member

New tattoo pics

Hey,

Just got a new tatto done on my chest, so thought may as well throw a pic up. It isn't quite finished, have to get the outline done with a heavier gauge needle to make it more defined, and maybe a little bit more shading but I think it looks pretty good so far.

I took the pic with my camera phone which is a cheap piece of crap, plus I have the antisecptic cream all over it so the pic quality isn't the greatest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New tattoo pics-img_0177.jpg  

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    Yea man thats pretty bad ass... I've only got 1 tattoo so far that i actually drew up when i was in like 10th grade after 3 of my friends died. I love it, mostly because its for them and i created it.. i'd like to get another one maybe 2.. i've had 2 things in mind for about a year but still can't decide if i'm gonna go for it.. i dont' wanna regret it

mass junkie is offline banned
    looks cool.. what is it?

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    sweet tat man.

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    looks cool.. what is it?
    yeah its cool, but what is it?

it is a tribal design based on a Sea God from New Zealand mythology. The actual God was depicted as a fish/snake type creature.

I had chosen a different tattoo, but the guy who did the tattoo showed me this design, the shape was similiar to what I had chosen but this had a lot more detail. I still have to have some lines on it made bolder to give a bit more definition, but I think it looks pretty cool so far

tawweiliu is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ticboy
    it is a tribal design based on a Sea God from New Zealand mythology. The actual God was depicted as a fish/snake type creature.

I had chosen a different tattoo, but the guy who did the tattoo showed me this design, the shape was similiar to what I had chosen but this had a lot more detail. I still have to have some lines on it made bolder to give a bit more definition, but I think it looks pretty cool so far

Dam thats big tattoo!

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Nice Tat, the creature is a Taniwha.

[QUOTE=Hitman]Nice Tat, the creature is a Taniwha.[/Q

The guy who did the design is a young Maori guy who father is a Master Carver and he has based a lot of his desings upon work that his father has done.

I just have to get this one finished and then it might be on to the next one
    Last edited by ticboy; 10-02-2005 at 04:37 AM.

Hey,

Just got a new tatto done on my chest, so thought may as well throw a pic up. It isn't quite finished, have to get the outline done with a heavier gauge needle to make it more defined, and maybe a little bit more shading but I think it looks pretty good so far.

I took the pic with my camera phone which is a cheap piece of crap, plus I have the antisecptic cream all over it so the pic quality isn't the greatest.

How long did it take to do?

It took just under four hours including about 20 imns of drwing and setting up. Probably about 3 and a half hours actually tattooing.

To finish it will tak about anohter hour of outlining and making sure all the shading is sorted

It took just under four hours including about 20 imns of drwing and setting up. Probably about 3 and a half hours actually tattooing.

To finish it will tak about anohter hour of outlining and making sure all the shading is sorted
    Four hours that’s a long time. U Got Guts man

I could not do that. You said you have to go back how long on the coloring?

Hitman is offline Senior Member

If you ever get a chance to see a traditional Tattoo being done jump at the chance,they use a pigs tusk and wooden hammer.the tusk is repeatedly dipped in ink and peirced into the skin.Maori, polynesian they are almost all the same.

Jerzey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    If you ever get a chance to see a traditional Tattoo being done jump at the chance,they use a pigs tusk and wooden hammer.the tusk is repeatedly dipped in ink and peirced into the skin.Maori, polynesian they are almost all the same.

I never knew that, pretty cool...

I like your tattoo by the way, very nice

Thread Information