Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    theron is offline Associate Member

Life elesewhere???

What are your views on alien life in other galaxies? Do they really exist?

BigD is offline Associate Member
    There is actually an equation to determine the possibility of life elsewhere on other plants.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Yeah I've seen that equation somewhere. I absolutely think that somewhere there is some other life form. I don't see how there isn't

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    If you look at the number of stars in the universe, the odds that we are unique seem to be almost zero. There has to be at least some bacteria on another world starting it's journey to intelligent life.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Absolutely....what if there is a place where they are all BB's or perfect physiques. Wow that would be nice!

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    definitely, and I work with mosy of them!

starwars can become a reality.who knows??

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    i think there is a 99% chance that there is other intelligent life somewhere in the universe.

i think there is a 1% chance humans will find proof of that.

btw, k-pax was a pretty clever movie.

I think life is out there too but unknown orgins to us!

and i wish our government would tell us what they are hiding in area 51!

shonuff is offline Associate Member
    i belive we r not the only life form in tha universe..i wonder if the goverment really knows the answer im sure they do.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    there has to be. space is just to enormous for us to be the only planet that supports life. i dont think other life forms visit here in flying soucers, but i do beleive they exist out there.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I know there is life on other planets ...and scammers are the aliens....

oh yeah, Contact w/ jodie foster was a great movie too... it offers a very interesting perspective on other intelligent life and the possibility of contacting one of them someday.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    That's the same thought I have everytime I go to North Jersey

Why would Aliens want to visit this crummy planet anyway? They might be living far better than us!

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by Dr.Evil
    and i wish our government would tell us what they are hiding in area 51!
    So do I doc, but they never will. If they did there would be pure chaos. Everyone would question religion and moral standards would go down the drain worse than they already are now days. I am curious though and I do believe our Gov. is hiding tons of cool shit from us.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    I think there is life out there - I even have the proof! Here in the UK we have had an alien as Prime Minister for ages now!

If you have some free time from browsing AR take a look at this place:

http://www.davidicke.com/

Browse around a bit
    Whats really scary is that sometimes he almost starts to make sense!

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    I really liked Contact too DOc. In the words of Jody Foster, "If there is no life anywhere else in the galaxy, it would be an awful big waste of space." I hope I'm alive when we come across alien life

$uperman is offline Member
    im gonna be the underdawg here and say no.... sorry guys i just dont believe in aliens. i believe in alot things but aliens is not one of them. you all have really good points though.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    99 and 44/100% sure there is life out there. Its impossible to believe we are alone.

Dr. Evil I agree, what is going on or hidden at *Area 51* ?

Remember Bill Clinton promised to tell us what was hidden there, and then after having meetings with the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Security Advisors, decided NOT to tell us ?

Hmmmmm, maybe its a secret training facility for White House Aides that swallow ?

shonuff is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    Hmmmmm, maybe its a secret training facility for White House Aides that swallow ?

bex
    bex is offline Banned

Earth 2

"If god made all those planets and other galaxies besides our own, why waste them without intelligence?... I don't think the aliens would come all the way over here to start a fight, that would be a total waste of time... Who knows? There might even be an Earth 2!"

I think that Mars may have possibly been inhabited at one time or another. Who knows, maybe we could be Earth 2

Maybe there are other earths? I mean parallel universes.Have you seen the movie The One? makes you think.

Manslaughter is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by theron
    Why would Aliens want to visit this crummy planet anyway? They might be living far better than us!
    "The only real proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they have never tried to contact us."

—Bill Watterson
    "Calvin and Hobbes"

NightOp is offline Member
    I know a few ppl back home that could pass for aliens

no really, I'll be honest, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets, of course I don't really necessarily buy alot of the current science and theories that some hold about space either.

Mrs. T is offline Female Member
    I think that anything is possible. If there is intelligence on other planets that are not as evolved as us, we haven't noticed each other yet. If they are MORE evolved than us, they know to avoid us.
    Mrs. T
    "We can change the world when we change ourselves. And the energy of our consciousness, like the energy of all light, continues into the eternity. When there is light in the soul there will be beauty in the person. When there is beauty in the person there will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home there will order in the nation. When there is order in the nation there will be peace in the world."
    - Chinese Proverb

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Just like ya'll said, it's almost 100% sure that there is LIFE on other worlds. That's basically a given. But in terms of INTELLEGENCE that might be off a bit. I don't remember exactly how it goes, but what someone told me was that from all the chances that happened to us, the second planet colliding with ours and creating the moon and the distance from the sun, etc... It actually isn't as likely to happen as some may think. They're could be life, but the would be at different stages of evolution.

Those are all theories of course, but it sure would be cool if there were INTELLEGENT beings out there.

Originally posted by Terinox
    But in terms of INTELLEGENCE that might be off a bit. I don't remember exactly how it goes, but what someone told me was that from all the chances that happened to us, the second planet colliding with ours and creating the moon and the distance from the sun, etc... It actually isn't as likely to happen as some may think.
    not necessarily. consider that intelligent life may have evolved twice here on earth. pre-humans may have been killed off with the dinosaurs by the asteroid/comet that hit earth. that was the time when 90% of earth's species became extinct and it's very possible that humans were one of them...

by the way, this extinction event WILL happen again. the earth currently does not have the technology to divert a large asteroid from hitting the earth.

Man I wish I could remember what that equation was.....

But you also have to think that evolution is a snowball effect, how far have we evolved in the last 20 years as apposed to the last 100 years. And how much will we advance in the next 10 years.

So is another life started a 1000 years before us somewhere else imagine how far along they are?

As long as they don’t come down one independence day and start blowing shit up I'll be fine.

Found the equation D
    It's the Drake Equation:
    N=R*fp*ne*fl*fi*fc*L

N=The number of civilizations in the Milky Way whose radio emissions are detectable

R=The rate of formation of stars with large enough habitablezone and long enough lifetime to be suitable for intelligent life.

Fp=The fraction of those stars with planets
    The fraction os sun-like stars with planets is currently unknown, but evidence indicates that planetary systems may be common for stars like the sun.

ne=The number of "Earths" per planetary system
    All stars have habitable zone where a planet would be able to maintain a temperature that would allow liquid water.

fl=The fraction of those planets where life develops
    Although a planet orbits in a habitable zone of a suitable star, other factors are necessary for life to arise. Thus only a fraction would develope life

fi=The fraction life sites where intelligence developes
    Life on Earth began over 3.5 billion years ago. Intelligence took a long time to develope. On other life-bearing planets it may happen faster, it may take longer, or not at all.

fc= The fraction of planets where technology develops
    Technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space.

L=The "lifetime" of communicating civilizations
    The length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space

The sight I found this on is Space.com, they even have a link where you can do the equation yourself

Fi

xplicit is offline Member
    Mrs t i love your quote

I think there is life out there, if they can visit us then they are definitly evoluted far beyond us and if they wanted to take us over and use our planet for whatever im sure they could have already.
    Its kinda strange how humans are supposly the most intelligent and at the same time also the most viloent life forms roaming our planet. It kinda of makes u think hey if there is life out there and they are more evoled then us i hope they arent as viloent as us either casue it seems the the smarter the speices the more violent it becomes it brings up debate maybe intelligence is over rated and its a curse to have we mastered the art of war animals fight and murder for survival we do it for no reason or letting out frustration and what not. Im rambling again sorry lol

Originally posted by BigD
    So is another life started a 1000 years before us somewhere else imagine how far along they are?
    very true. for a universe that's billions of years old with trillions of planetary systems, 1000 years is a very small fraction. it is very likely that there is not any other intelligent civilization that is within 1000 years of our evolution.

as was said in the movie (or was it the book?) contact, any sign of intelligent life that we are able to detect would mean that that civilization is far more advanced that humans are b/c it would take thousands or millions of lightyears for their electromagnetic signals to get to earth and by the time we receive it, they would be thousands or millions of years ahead of us in evolution.

any species that would be technologically advanced enough to make contact with us must have an extremely evolved civilization.

Originally posted by Dr.Evil

very true. for a universe that's billions of years old with trillions of planetary systems, 1000 years is a very small fraction. it is very likely that there is not any other intelligent civilization that is within 1000 years of our evolution.

as was said in the movie (or was it the book?) contact, any sign of intelligent life that we are able to detect would mean that that civilization is far more advanced that humans are b/c it would take thousands or millions of lightyears for their electromagnetic signals to get to earth and by the time we receive it, they would be thousands or millions of years ahead of us in evolution.

any species that would be technologically advanced enough to make contact with us must have an extremely evolved civilization.

They would probably already be extinct

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    any1 know the equation?

Pheendo posted the equation a few posts up.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Have you guys seen the new hubble teleskop pics?
    Released like a few weeks ago, showed that there were alot of galaxys around us that noone had ever seen before, so yes i do belive that there must be other lifeforms out there, if they fly around in disc´s is another question.

I would love to see new galaxies!

gblizgod is offline New Member
    Does Any 1 Know Of A Good Source To Get Gbl Im About To Go On A Cycle And Dont Want To Drink Any Info Please Pm Me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information