xtinaunasty is offline Female Member

70 degrees...always

alright, i know i technically have no right to bitch about weather (due to the whole katrina thing and all) but i just got done shovelling a over foot of snow--that accumulated in about 8 hours-- out of my drive way, and then off my car (garage is filled with old roomates' stuff ) That alone took 2 hours. then i had to drive on nasty roads for an hour to get to my gym...which is only 15 miles away. worked out, then spent another hour on the way home. so, my trip to the gym took 6 hours out of my day (well, 5 and a half).

where am i going with this? you ask. since i had so much time to ponder today...i was thinking about where the perfect place to live would be. where it hovers around 70 degrees year round. i know california is kind of an option...and im thinking about newport beach. but i was wondering if anyone else had some suggestions...?

cb25 is offline Banned
    Phoenix AZ (well, the surrounding areas -- scottsdale, tempe, etc) hands down the best place i've ever been.

hot as hell in the summer (but it's a dry heat ) but beautiful all winter. and there's nothing like the desert at sundown.

yeah, i grew up in tucson, AZ and went to ASU for a couple years. its nice, but that is wicked hot. 115 and sh*t...crazy. maybe ill buy and winter house there...and be a snowbird! haha

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    It would be great to be rich and migrate south in the winter with the ducks.

real estate baby...its an invesment!

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    alright, i know i technically have no right to bitch about weather (due to the whole katrina thing and all) but i just got done shovelling a over foot of snow--that accumulated in about 8 hours-- out of my drive way, and then off my car (garage is filled with old roomates' stuff ) That alone took 2 hours. then i had to drive on nasty roads for an hour to get to my gym...which is only 15 miles away. worked out, then spent another hour on the way home. so, my trip to the gym took 6 hours out of my day (well, 5 and a half).

where am i going with this? you ask. since i had so much time to ponder today...i was thinking about where the perfect place to live would be. where it hovers around 70 degrees year round. i know california is kind of an option...and im thinking about newport beach. but i was wondering if anyone else had some suggestions...?
    Gotta love colorado's high elevation!

the elevation didnt bother me that much when i got here...usually people get sick or whatever, but i was ok. april through october here is excellent...nothing better. but i hate snow!!!

1819 is offline Senior Member
    san diego for all around climate. dont knock the cold though, im spending my winter at my home in new york this year. missed this chilly weather!

ive thought about san diego too...but i like the oc so i think im gonna end up looking in that area. how can anyone like the cold?

cb25 is offline Banned
    yeah, i grew up in tucson, AZ and went to ASU for a couple years. its nice, but that is wicked hot. 115 and sh*t...crazy. maybe ill buy and winter house there...and be a snowbird! haha
    hell yea...a fellow sun devil

i love the heat...that's just me. hate the humidity and hate the cold, so it makes sense for me.

san diego is nice too -- i'd look there

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member

I would love to be where you are, I loved snowmobiling, and did amateur racing when I was in high school in Illinois.

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    jersey is the answer. lol

i said the same thing before about hating the cold and snow - then I moved to Orlando and put up with 90 degrees and 100% humidity 250 days of the year and missed the hell out of the change of seasons. The above who mentioned San Diego are dead on with that call as its 75-80 degrees year round. And rain is not a possibility. So you hate the cold but moved to Colorado? humm....thats like hating sand and moving to the Mojave dessert.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    I would love to be where you are, I loved snowmobiling, and did amateur racing when I was in high school in Illinois.
    Same here, I go through a snowmobile a year :S but I looovve it.. and skiing too

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Same here, I go through a snowmobile a year :S but I looovve it.. and skiing too
    Not me, my family has some old ones. Back when I did it I used a nice heavly sled. Yamaha V-MAX 4, the 800CC one that most people used for drag racing.

The ones we got sitting back home are a 82 SR540 and 93 Phazer II, not around enough to invest in anything new anymore. Those two are fast as shit though, I like to mod them when I am home for the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by MuckDog

i said the same thing before about hating the cold and snow - then I moved to Orlando and put up with 90 degrees and 100% humidity 250 days of the year and missed the hell out of the change of seasons. The above who mentioned San Diego are dead on with that call as its 75-80 degrees year round. And rain is not a possibility. So you hate the cold but moved to Colorado? humm....thats like hating sand and moving to the Mojave dessert.
    yeah i know. i was in the military and i got stationed here. when i got out i got offered a job with an enticing paycheck so i just stayed. im kinda up in the air work wise right now so that is why i might wanna move. but dont get me wrong, i love snowboarding and mobiling. i think im just bitching because its the first snow of the year. the first one is always bad because people forget how to drive and the snow plows are a little slow getting out.

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    hell yea...a fellow sun devil
    well, i never graduated from there...but it was fun while it lasted! (unfortunately, a little TOO much fun )

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    san diego is nice too -- i'd look there
    that seems to be the consensus...my cousin lives there so i'll have to have her hook me up. thanks alot for the input!

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    i feel your pain, ****ing snow... there'll be 8 feet + ice here pretty soon....

cb25 is offline Banned
    well, i never graduated from there...but it was fun while it lasted! (unfortunately, a little TOO much fun )

that seems to be the consensus...my cousin lives there so i'll have to have her hook me up. thanks alot for the input!
    hey, you take 1 class at ASU and you're a sun devil in my book and yea, that place can be wayyyy too much fun. the amazing thing is that you can actually get a good education too (despite what most believe).

good luck with the decision...

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    Ft. Lauderdale or Boca Raton. Florida is Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    i feel your pain, ****ing snow... there'll be 8 feet + ice here pretty soon....
    eek! i have no right to complain...where are you?

eek! i have no right to complain...where are you?

Canada eh

Overlooking the ocean. The winters are ridiculous, the wind hitting my house off the slushy water just chills it. I burn alot of firewood.

But in the summer, its the nicest spot around

so often the case. well i guess u cant truley enjoy a good summer without living through a horrible winter. isnt that some proverb or something...?

**** winter. I wish theyd go away forever.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Texas or Flordia if you ask me it's like freakin 80 here right now and it October WTF

that's hot!

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuckDog

so true grew up there, still have a home there. live in miami most of the time now but its getting on my nerves. humidity is too much at times. winter is getting so busy down there. in pa right now. headin back to jersey next week then spending the winter in upstate ny. leaves are changing now and that cold 50 degree misty rain is falling. football weather!

William Wallace is offline Junior Member

May I suggest Charlotte, N.C.??

no severe winters and the heat is very tolerable in the summer....nice medium if thats what ur lookin' fer!

Not too tart, not too sweet...

Thread Information