Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Hunting (VERY GRAPHIC VIDEOS).

Anyone else like hunting and/or fishing? I think there should be a hunting and fishing section.

I love shooting varmints! I have a 788 22-250 that can hit gophers at 300+ yards. I can put 3 in a dime at 100 yards.

If you like varmint hunting too...check these vids out.

Vid 1

Vid 2

Vid 3

Vid 4

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Anyone else like hunting and/or fishing? I think there should be a hunting and fishing section.

I love shooting varmints! I have a 788 22-250 that can hit gophers at 300+ yards. I can put 3 in a dime at 100 yards.

Vid 1

Vid 2

Vid 3

Vid 4
    Oh hell yeah, Im from Iowa..c'mon.lol. I deer hunt with bow, muzzleloader, pheasant and quail hunt, turkey hunt, coyote hunt, and fish for flatheads in the desmoines river. I love being outdoors. Deer hunting with a bow is probably my favorite thing to do and pheasant hunting is second. I hunt with a pointing dog and that makes it all that more enjoyable.
    My current weapons are...
    1. Mathews Outback bow
    2. Beretta A390 12 guage semi auto
    3. Knight DISC .50 muzzleloder. Stainless w/ black composite stock
    4. Ruger 7mm-mag. Stainless w/black composite stock.
    I need more though cause you can never have too many guns.

Iowa is offline Banned
    awesome vids. Do you think that first praire dog in the first clip got away????

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa
    Oh hell yeah, Im from Iowa..c'mon.lol. I deer hunt with bow, muzzleloader, pheasant and quail hunt, turkey hunt, coyote hunt, and fish for flatheads in the desmoines river. I love being outdoors. Deer hunting with a bow is probably my favorite thing to do and pheasant hunting is second. I hunt with a pointing dog and that makes it all that more enjoyable.
    My current weapons are...
    1. Mathews Outback bow
    2. Beretta A390 12 guage semi auto
    3. Knight DISC .50 muzzleloder. Stainless w/ black composite stock
    4. Ruger 7mm-mag. Stainless w/black composite stock.
    I need more though cause you can never have too many guns.
    Good times.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Holy ****! What do ya think he was using in that last vid? a 7mm or what!?!

awesome vids. Do you think that first praire dog in the first clip got away????
    Half of him did.

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    Holy ****! What do ya think he was using in that last vid? a 7mm or what!?!
    Nope.

Three rifles were used.
    1) Savage Model 110 FP in .223

2) Savage Model 12 FV in .22 - 250

3) New England Firearms Sportster in .17 HMR

My 22-250 does the same thing. DESTROY!!

Iowa is offline Banned
    Id like to shoot a squirrel with a BMG .50 and see what happens.

Id like to shoot a squirrel with a BMG .50 and see what happens.
    You wouldn't see anything happen. Would be mist.

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    that was pretty cool video, i love to hunt and fish and do most anything outdoors.

i love deer hunting the most but love to dove and duck hunt as well.

my guns are a rem 22 rifle, sks w/30 round clip, ruger 243, remington 870 express. those are the guns i most frequently hunt with. i kill hogs with the sks, its awesome....

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by muff-chaser
    that was pretty cool video, i love to hunt and fish and do most anything outdoors.

i love deer hunting the most but love to dove and duck hunt as well.

my guns are a rem 22 rifle, sks w/30 round clip, ruger 243, remington 870 express. those are the guns i most frequently hunt with. i kill hogs with the sks, its awesome....
    id like to hog hunt someday. No hogs in iowa unless theyre in a pen.

decadbal is offline Banned
    id like to hog hunt someday. No hogs in iowa unless theyre in a pen.
    u ever come down to Ga, let me know and ill take u

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i like hunting for white tail deer, but just for food and sport. Those vids are just wrong IMO, those guys are just doing that for fun or to just kill.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    i like hunting for white tail deer, but just for food and sport. Those vids are just wrong IMO, those guys are just doing that for fun or to just kill.
    I kind of agree, but I HATE coyotes.... When I was 13, I shot my first deer with a bow. I hit one lung, so it was able to run across the street onto our neighbors land. It was late at night, so we shined a spotter and we could see its eyes watchin us as it was bedded it down, we knew it was done.

Only thing was, neighbor wasnt home, so we waited till morning to ask permission, by the time we got there, it was torn in shred by fckin coyotes. They are good for nothing.

ANYWAYS, we should use this thread to post some pictures of animals we got or fish we caught.... thatd be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    Those vids are just wrong IMO, those guys are just doing that for fun or to just kill.
    Speak to any cattle rancher and they tell you different! Those little cock suckers cost ranchers hundreds of thousands of dollars each year. They dig holes throughout the fields and then a cow will step in one and break its ankle. The cow can't go to market like that...so they have to put it down. Lost $$. Gophers also carry disease. A cattle rancher will thank you for coming on their land and blowing gophers away.

They are pests...no better than rats.

Iowa is offline Banned
    Speak to any cattle rancher and they tell you different! Those little cock suckers cost ranchers hundreds of thousands of dollars each year. They dig holes throughout the fields and then a cow will step in one and break its ankle. The cow can't go to market like that...so they have to put it down. Lost $$. Gophers also carry disease. A cattle rancher will thank you for coming on their land and blowing gophers away.

They are pests...no better than rats.
    Agree, thats why there is no limit and a continuous open season here on coyotes. They do nothing for the ecosystem. Their reproductive success is so high, you cant kill enough of them

Bump.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

Vid 1

Vid 2

Vid 3

Vid 4

that is so funny... yeah i llike to hunt and fish.. the varments remind me of shooting squirrels hahahaha... a 22-250 can that much damage to those things?? its not a high impact bullet.. dammmn!

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Looks fun.. being that in ny u cant have a lic till 21 I still have like 11 months to go before i can get a gun.. i would love to go hunting but my father isnt really into hunting so i can never get him to go get LIC.. either way whats a good rifle for a noob hunter..? i would hunt ducks and other things i can incorporate into my diet

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    that is so funny... yeah i llike to hunt and fish.. the varments remind me of shooting squirrels hahahaha... a 22-250 can that much damage to those things?? its not a high impact bullet.. dammmn!
    I use hollow points for anything under 150y. Also have all shells a bit hot loaded with extra grains. I can't shoot a bunch consecutively...the barrell gets too hot. Once hit...the gopher goes about 3 feet in the air. Just like in the vids.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    I use hollow points for anything under 150y. Also have all shells a bit hot loaded with extra grains. I can't shoot a bunch consecutively...the barrell gets too hot. Once hit...the gopher goes about 3 feet in the air. Just like in the vids.
    that is hilarious.. i want to shoot some!! i know a guy who deer hunts with a 22-250 in open fields and is very successful..

i live in georgia to deca its awesome hunting here

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    that is hilarious.. i want to shoot some!! i know a guy who deer hunts with a 22-250 in open fields and is very successful..
    One of the flatest shooting guns out there. Unfortunately...we can't use anything less than a .243 when shooting big game ie) deer, etc. **** laws!

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    That's some funny ****! Here is what i wanna use!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hunting (VERY GRAPHIC VIDEO'S).-barrett_xm109_payload_rifle.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    Looks fun.. being that in ny u cant have a lic till 21 I still have like 11 months to go before i can get a gun.. i would love to go hunting but my father isnt really into hunting so i can never get him to go get LIC.. either way whats a good rifle for a noob hunter..? i would hunt ducks and other things i can incorporate into my diet
    When my little bro got his first gun for x-mas, my dad bought him a ruger stainless steel, bolt action .243.... I love that gun, its so light, doesnt have any kick, and flies really flat.... I would recommend that gun to anyone starting out, or anyone in general.

yea i have a ruger 243 they are kick ass guns i love mine but i am going to buy a 30-06 after deer season

yea i have a ruger 243 they are kick ass guns i love mine but i am going to buy a 30-06 after deer season
    I think 30.06 is one of the best all around guns for all big game. That and a .308 Both can be used for all game. Plus gophers!! Bastards!!

Iowa is offline Banned
    Have you got a bull barrell on there. My buddys got a bull barrell .243 and that thing is a TANK.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I feel like I should move to the countryside after reading this thread...

but the videos are **** cool.

no i don't have a bull barrel on it but my friend has one on his.17 caliber. it is a very accurate gun and we killed a beaver with it a couple weeks ago

Here are a couple my family got a few years back... the one with the 3 bucks is of me and my bro, i think i was 17, im the one of the left with the two bucks I got durin our 1 week gun hunt... The other, i forget who shot it, but it was takin down during a drive we did... unfortunately i was a driver and not a poster so i didnt get a shot at it, but its a group effort... i think it scored somewhere in the 170's

BTW, these were all shot in the national forest on public land
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hunting (VERY GRAPHIC VIDEO'S).-huntthree-one.jpg   Hunting (VERY GRAPHIC VIDEO'S).-hunttwo-one.jpg  

I love taking out varmint

My toy is a Ruger 10/22 slightly modified

Black 10/22
    -Volksquarten trigger group mod
    -Green mountain heavy fluted barrel
    -Hard rubber bolt stop
    -Modified original stock for now (am in the process of carving my own thumbhole stock from sugar maple)
    -Tasco 1.5-5x scope (an older model with good japanese optics, not the new taiwaneese ones)
    -Original bolt spring for shooting normal ammo, and a snipped light bolt spring to shoot CB-Longs subsonic ammo.
    -5 30 shot clips (yes they are legal for rimfire weapons here!)

I have a nice bi-pod for it but not installed yet.

This toy is scary accurate Varmint don't stand a chance.

Red

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    that is some good SH!T....

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    reminds me of the time me and my cousins destroyed a toilet with an sks. at 50 cents a shell that gets very expensive. great vids!

NevrSayNevr is offline Associate Member
    Enjoyed the vids!!! LOL

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Agree, thats why there is no limit and a continuous open season here on coyotes. They do nothing for the ecosystem. Their reproductive success is so high, you cant kill enough of them
    Probably the only critter more adaptable than a coyote is the cockroach. Them suckers are SMART and they can get used to just about any environment. No matter how badly we modify/poison the earth, the humble but hardy coyote will still be around.

I do disagree about them serving no useful purpose. Most "varmints" have their role in the bigger scheme of things. But they don't have to exist EVERYWHERE, and force commerce or agriculture to take a back seat to them. They have protection on wildlife refuges and national parks and wilderness areas. They don't need protection on grazing or farm land IMHO. I believe a man's land and business should also have protection from varmints, and the rancher or farmer has just as much right to exist as a prairie dog or gopher or coyote. There must be a balance. Making a sport of eliminating varmints in the proper context and setting makes sense to me. A prairie dog suffers a lot less having his head blown off by a 6mm mag or a 223 than he would from being poisoned. Zero that scope. Brew up that batch of hot hand-loads. Call up your shooting buddy, and go grease some gophers. It's the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    I love taking out varmint

My toy is a Ruger 10/22 slightly modified

Black 10/22
    -Volksquarten trigger group mod
    -Green mountain heavy fluted barrel
    -Hard rubber bolt stop
    -Modified original stock for now (am in the process of carving my own thumbhole stock from sugar maple)
    -Tasco 1.5-5x scope (an older model with good japanese optics, not the new taiwaneese ones)
    -Original bolt spring for shooting normal ammo, and a snipped light bolt spring to shoot CB-Longs subsonic ammo.
    -5 30 shot clips (yes they are legal for rimfire weapons here!)

I have a nice bi-pod for it but not installed yet.

This toy is scary accurate Varmint don't stand a chance.

Red
    I have a bipod. Nothing beats it for long shooting.

1.5-5X? Coyotes are too spooked around here for close shooting. I have a Bausch & Lomb Elite 6-24X 50mm. Sunshade on it...it's probably about 18 inches long. Looks crazy!! Ranchers get scared when they see me carrying that thing. Big ass scope and bipod...they think I'm some paramilitary freak.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hunting (VERY GRAPHIC VIDEO'S).-dsc00002.jpg  

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Probably the only critter more adaptable than a coyote is the cockroach. Them suckers are SMART and they can get used to just about any environment. No matter how badly we modify/poison the earth, the humble but hardy coyote will still be around.

I do disagree about them serving no useful purpose. Most "varmints" have their role in the bigger scheme of things. But they don't have to exist EVERYWHERE, and force commerce or agriculture to take a back seat to them. They have protection on wildlife refuges and national parks and wilderness areas. They don't need protection on grazing or farm land IMHO. I believe a man's land and business should also have protection from varmints, and the rancher or farmer has just as much right to exist as a prairie dog or gopher or coyote. There must be a balance. Making a sport of eliminating varmints in the proper context and setting makes sense to me. A prairie dog suffers a lot less having his head blown off by a 6mm mag or a 223 than he would from being poisoned. Zero that scope. Brew up that batch of hot hand-loads. Call up your shooting buddy, and go grease some gophers. It's the right thing to do.
    Yeah, I was on a varmit hating spree there...Youre right, everything has a use, but they must be in controlled numbers.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    My logic is if you're not going to eat it, don't kill it.

I have a bipod. Nothing beats it for long shooting.

1.5-5X? Coyotes are too spooked around here for close shooting. I have a Bausch & Lomb Elite 6-24X 50mm. Sunshade on it...it's probably about 18 inches long. Looks crazy!! Ranchers get scared when they see me carrying that thing. Big ass scope and bipod...they think I'm some paramilitary freak.
    He he he I'll install the bipod on my new stock when I finish carving it. When it's done I'll post pics here, it'll look wicked cool.

As for the scope, 1.5x-5x is about as much as you can use around where I hunt, the forest is really dense so you're lucky if you can see 50-100ft when the leaves have fallen!

I love the light bolt spring + subsonic rounds to exterminate the chipmunks and field mice on my property... and I hunt hare and partridge with the normal rounds (partridge with a 22 is quite a challenge, you need a headshot if you don't wanna ruin the meat).

Red

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information