ward065 is offline Member

My opinion on the war on drugs...not the same anymore

Up until fairly recently, i thought that the government's attempts to stop the sale and distribution of hard "recreational" drugs, primarily meth, cocaine, and heroin, were bogus and stupid.

Well, the truth is i don't think this way anymore. This morning we learned that a relative of mine (My second cousin's husband) had died from a cocaine overdose sometime on Saturday. His wife called 911 when he was out on the floor apparently, and he was pronounced dead later that evening.

My uncle, who called my parents this morning explained that this was the case. It's long been rumored in the family that he had a drug problem, and apparently he had been snorting more and more crack...(i wonder how he got all the money to do this- i think there must be some deep pockets somewhere....maybe on his side of the family)

But the bottomline is that crack killed a relative of mine....not a very close relative, but close enough. It is really sad to learn of news like this, especially when it didn't have to happen at all.

I still don't think though, that the government will be successful in totally stopping the distribution of these drugs...most likely never. But i think they just may have a point on the lethality of these drugs, especially when overdosed, which many recreational users do these days to get a bigger "high"

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    They should follow netherlands lead, allow soft drugs like shrooms , weed , hash , cannabis and people will not resort to hard(well most wont).

sorry about your relative

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    sorry to here about the loss, but i do think that there should be alot of bust on hard drugs, i know its ironic to say, being on this forum, but its true. hard drugs like that dont do anything but bad things, stealing, killing,overdoses. also ruining family's and the economy.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    They should follow netherlands lead, allow soft drugs like shrooms , weed , hash , cannabis and people will not resort to hard(well most wont).

sorry about your relative
    I think so. I like to travel to Netherlands one an year:-)

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    sorry to hear this bruh, my best frieds mom OD a few years back it has changed his life forever

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    thats really sucks.

but lets be honest,it will NEVER happen.if they get rid of those drugs by some miracle.some one will go and think of another way to get high.it will NEVER end.is sad and ive lost alot of friends because of these drugs(not died but turned into coke head/crank heads)and they were never the same again.

thast just how it is

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i believe the netherlands has legalized hard drugs too.

but anyways yeah no one should be on meth and shit but you gotta ask fo the laws actually deter users or do they just create another problem with the underground trafficers and the inherent violence?

decadbal is offline Banned
    why dont we just all dodrugs, and all drink, and all beat our wives.. that will make the world a better place

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    i believe the netherlands has legalized hard drugs too.

but anyways yeah no one should be on meth and shit but you gotta ask fo the laws actually deter users or do they just create another problem with the underground trafficers and the inherent violence?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_po...he_Netherlands

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    The government had good intentions, even with outlawing AASs. The way it ended up is most disgraceful tho.

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    It's usually how a drug is introduced. If it started out by being introduced as something people were abusing, then the first reaction is "outlaw it"
    However if it were made by doctors for good use, then people would be more understanding.

Sort of like.. doctors like to prescribe vicodine to mess ya up! they LOVE to mess you up! I have enough vicodine sitting in my medicine cabinet to kill an elephant! And since a doctor made these its okay. But if someone made them in their basement.. bad.... As long as its not abused.

However certain substances can't even be used for doctors.. or a doctor would try to make cocaine.... because it doesnt help.

Some drugs are bad mkay?

Anyhoo yep.. woah just got dejavu

Foamys rant on drugs...

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-1706.htm

Gotta love foamy!

Red

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    sorry about your loss... nothing good will ever come from recreational drug abuse.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    umm okay?

Thread Information