Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Failed at a Squat Max Today....very bad for the ego...

I was doing legs today, and my partner couldn't come, so I was just using the smith machine or whatever its called, instead of the squat rack. And I was doing What I thought I should be able to do for SURE. Since I was doing 585 like 4 times on the free squats, I thought my max would be around 635. And since I was using the smith machine, I was sure I could get it. WELL NOPE!!! That ws so **** loud dropping about 1foot and hitting the stopsm luckily I had the safety stop set in place, but I still felt like ****. I even had a guy I talk to sometimes up there, trying to spot me. It just killed my ego and my mood, I almost just left the gym (but I stuck through it). Luckily I didn't get hurt or anything, and had my belt on good and tight, but still sucked really bad!

Just wanted to share
    Alex

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    no worries.. you stayed and finished your business... that's respectable for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by c_ville
    no worries.. you stayed and finished your business... that's respectable for sure.

It sucks when everyone in the free weight room looks at you and you cant get the **** bar to move, and have to wiggle out of it. Even knowing that most of them cant squat half of that, it still is imbarrasing.

Peace
    Alex

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    You can squat 635lbs? Thats not too bad bro considering you look tiny

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK

WTF? I look tiny, lets see a pic of you, I am 6'2-3 256lbs today, I am by far little, biatttttch

Peace
    Alex

And I guess I cant squat it, I couldnt do it today anyhow...

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasAlex
    WTF? I look tiny, lets see a pic of you, I am 6'2-3 256lbs today, I am by far little, biatttttch

Peace
    Alex
    Nah im scared to show my pics lol

Just looking at your pic, maybe its just a bad pic? Lol i see some shoulder blades though

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    And I guess I cant squat it, I couldnt do it today anyhow...

Alex
    this guy is a dick don't worry about him

post some photos messy show us all how much better you are than everyone else..

Quote Originally Posted by K$I$N$G$P$I$N
    post some photos messy show us all how much better you are than everyone else..
    Im not bro, im no where near as good as any of you. Im serious, i'll admit it. Im not strong, i hardly even go to the gym, im too embarressed to post my pics.

Im not bro, im no where near as good as any of you. Im serious, i'll admit it. Im not strong, i hardly even go to the gym, im too embarressed to post my pics.
    Finally the truth...

Finally the truth...
    Yep, i dont wanna lie to you bro, ok i'll admit it, ive never even been to a gym. it was only last night, when i opened my last present, a dictionary that i found out how to spell the word "gym".

Im sure you have the best body on here bro, keep up the good work.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Finally the truth...
    D*mn bro, ease up on a brutha would ya?

Geez........

Post your pics, since you're callin' everyone out.

~SC~

decadbal is offline Banned
    way to much negativity about ppl who post on this thread.. till u put up...shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    way to much negativity about ppl who post on this thread.. till u put up...shut up
    I agree, if you call someone out, you yourself should post a pic.

Mine's in the autosig, and I have HUNDREDS more.

~SC~

lol ok i'll be quiet. sorry for any trouble ive caused. im sure you are massive kingpin, im sure you look better than all of us put together

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    D*mn bro, ease up on a brutha would ya?

Geez........

Post your pics, since you're callin' everyone out.

~SC~
    ease up on him, he was making fun of this guy for no reason...Ive "called" one person out and that was messy...I will post my photos Iam bulking right now at about 265lb's at 5'9 little bit of fat on my love handles abs showing....Iam doing a cutting cycle in the spring then I was going to post my first pics at end of the cutting cycle...I sure wasn't calling you out swole so why are you messing with me....

lol ok i'll be quiet. sorry for any trouble ive caused. im sure you are massive kingpin, im sure you look better than all of us put together

don't try to turn this around...sarcastic kid...

I sure wasn't calling you out swole so why are you messing with me....
    Not messin' w/you at all, I just thought that you were being a bit harsh on our guy Messy here with the "finally the truth" and all. Messy was joking w/the other guy, not sure if you can see that or not, but that is why he used the " " emoticon.

No biggie, it's just that we are all here to look/feel better about ourselves, and badgering someone to admit they won't post pics/don't workout/etc., just seemed very extreme.

~SC~

Not messin' w/you at all, I just thought that you were being a bit harsh on our guy Messy here with the "finally the truth" and all. Messy was joking w/the other guy, not sure if you can see that or not, but that is why he used the " " emoticon.

No biggie, it's just that we are all here to look/feel better about ourselves, and badgering someone to admit they won't post pics/don't workout/etc., just seemed very extreme.

~SC~
    swole me and messy havn't got along for a sec now....this isn't a now thing
    if he doesn't workout ect, what is he doing in an anabolic site giving advice....

swole me and messy havn't got along for a sec now....this isn't a now thing
    if he doesn't workout ect, what is he doing in an anabolic site giving advice....
    Bro, what are HALF the people doing here?

That's not the point. Seeing as you are both members here, I believe learning to co-exist the the best thing to do.

Anyhow, I'm done........time to eat, gotta get that protein!

~SC~

King, i changed my avatar for ya.

Right click it, choose save target as, then save it to your desktop. Then right click your desktop click on properties, then desktop and choose the picture, then click on tile. Then finally apply

Iam done in this tread,and with you messy.....Don't quote anything I say or post on my threads please and I'll do the same...so we can "co-exist"...So have a nice life
    and I don't really care or Iam really mad...
    peace

dude my arm is just under 20 inches cut please don't insult me Iam done with this internet war......
    Oh yeah?? My Internet cock is bigger than your's!!!!!!!

J/K.........see how silly that sounds????????

~SC~

dude my arm is just under 20 inches cut please don't insult me Iam done with this internet war......
    Good work, 20 inches AND cut. Didnt you reply saying your bulking and your holding a bit of fat?

Look forward to seeing your pics mate

I'll cya round bro, dont take any of this to heart, learn from it. Remember, you're a real winner. Keep saying that, "im a winner" "im a winner".

Good work, 20 inches AND cut. Didnt you reply saying your bulking and your holding a bit of fat?

Look forward to seeing your pics mate

I'll cya round bro, dont take any of this to heart, learn from it. Remember, you're a real winner. Keep saying that, "im a winner" "im a winner".

The only thread you can post on is my pics messy okay...Iam holding a bit of fat like 10%-12% versus my normal 6%....Iam a real fatass....

The only thread you can post on is my pics messy okay...Iam holding a bit of fat like 10%-12% versus my normal 6%....Iam a real fatass....
    Dont call yourself a fat ass! Come on man, dont be mean to yourself.

At no point have i said ive got a better body than you. As i said, i look forward to seeing your pics bro.

Oh, i thought you said you were done with this thread? They just keep coming back!

alright you all have a point theres no point arguing what I look like so I'll just post pics.....

At no point have i said ive got a better body than you. As i said, i look forward to seeing your pics bro.

Oh, i thought you said you were done with this thread? They just keep coming back!
    you keep egging me on...

messy you live with your mom, your probably 145 pounds wet and you have a computer and internet so you decide to mess with me...Your nothing I know
    I cant prove the fact that you are my bitch on the internet....So no point in
    arguing with you just dont quote my stuff and stay out of my threads and grow up....

messy you live with your mom, your probably 145 pounds wet and you have a computer and internet so you decide to mess with me...Your nothing I know
    I cant prove the fact that you are my bitch on the internet....So no point in
    arguing with you just dont quote my stuff and stay out of my threads and grow up....
    Hehe OK Bro! You let me know how that works out

Oh yeah?? My Internet cock is bigger than your's!!!!!!!

J/K.........see how silly that sounds????????

~SC~
    Swole Ive always respected your threads and been cool with you...
    I know saying something about myself on the internet is usless and sounds silly I was just mad...But this kid is messsing with me for no reason....

Hehe OK Bro! You let me know how that works out
    I will messy.....

man why dont you guys go hijack another **** thread, I am sick of having a thread started, and the title says one thing and all it is, is a pissing contest!

KingPin: I am 100% behind you on thi sbro, all messy does is play with his **** photoshop, and make useless replies IMHO. But please just try to ignore him, and it makes it a lot easier, people like him enjoy this that type of ****.

ANYWAYS.. anyone know why I could have failed at this attempt? I mean shouldn't it be easier on the smith machine?

Peace
    Alex

man why dont you guys go hijack another **** thread, I am sick of having a thread started, and the title says one thing and all it is, is a pissing contest!

KingPin: I am 100% behind you on thi sbro, all messy does is play with his **** photoshop, and make useless replies IMHO. But please just try to ignore him, and it makes it a lot easier, people like him enjoy this that type of ****.

ANYWAYS.. anyone know why I could have failed at this attempt? I mean shouldn't it be easier on the smith machine?

Peace
    Alex
    hard to say like you said it's alot easier on a smith but what I noticed when I was powerlifting is when I would max or go heavy I would just give out and kind of just fall on my ass one time and the next time i'll do it twice,depends on alot things especially pre-workout meal...You might have leaned foward to much to....Either way Ive done it and seen alot other ppl do it so don't let it get you down....
    later

hard to say like you said it's alot easier on a smith but what I noticed when I was powerlifting is when I would max or go heavy I would just give out and kind of just fall on my ass one time and the next time i'll do it twice,depends on alot things especially pre-workout meal...You might have leaned foward to much to....Either way Ive done it and seen alot other ppl do it so don't let it get you down....
    later
    See I was thinking that It was my confidence and that my workout partner wasnt there, since we always lift together, and yell at each other and call each other pussies and whatnot. This guy was just random, and he was looking athimself in the mirror while I was getting ready to squat, so I knew he wasn't really going to be ready to help me (which he didnt, I just fell to the bottom of the smith rack, lucky those stops where high enough, so that I didnt pop a knee or something). So I assume that might have messed me up. It could just have been those 3 days I didnt goto the gym because of holidays and snow around here (got more then I have ever seen since I moved to arkansas). I also put my feet way out in front of me while doing on smith, so It is a totally different possition, I probally should have just went light, but I wanted to get my **** 635!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh well, I will get it in 3 days when my friend gets back, and then I will be Mr. happy again. Now I just need to get my sad bench up, been trying everything, I just want a 325 or so bench, thats all =(. And I am only at like 255 now, which is sad, but my wheels are my power, and my deads are ok, I just want to concentrate on one powerlift at a time (while still doing my whole body routine) and maybe someday get into the powerlifting comps. Because I think I am made more like a powerifter then a BB, just because of genetics and I know myself.

Peace
    Alex

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree, if you call someone out, you yourself should post a pic.

Mine's in the autosig, and I have HUNDREDS more.

~SC~

Yeah but you Don't count.. Your to Fu*k!in Swole bro...LOL

decadbal is offline Banned
    dam back to topic finally, i thought i was on the playground in 8th grade again..lol dude the smith machine is not alot lighter than real life.. your not gonna jump almost 200lbs up..

See I was thinking that It was my confidence and that my workout partner wasnt there, since we always lift together, and yell at each other and call each other pussies and whatnot. This guy was just random, and he was looking athimself in the mirror while I was getting ready to squat, so I knew he wasn't really going to be ready to help me (which he didnt, I just fell to the bottom of the smith rack, lucky those stops where high enough, so that I didnt pop a knee or something). So I assume that might have messed me up. It could just have been those 3 days I didnt goto the gym because of holidays and snow around here (got more then I have ever seen since I moved to arkansas). I also put my feet way out in front of me while doing on smith, so It is a totally different possition, I probally should have just went light, but I wanted to get my **** 635!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh well, I will get it in 3 days when my friend gets back, and then I will be Mr. happy again. Now I just need to get my sad bench up, been trying everything, I just want a 325 or so bench, thats all =(. And I am only at like 255 now, which is sad, but my wheels are my power, and my deads are ok, I just want to concentrate on one powerlift at a time (while still doing my whole body routine) and maybe someday get into the powerlifting comps. Because I think I am made more like a powerifter then a BB, just because of genetics and I know myself.

Peace
    Alex
    Have you done 635 before?

Peace
    Alex
    I put on the majority of my weight powerlifting it got to the point where I was going to heavy and hurting myself....So now I go in and get a good break,pump,and strech in my muscles and Iam done...I still kept most of the muscle from powerlifting...Alot pro's were powerlifters..Just can't hurt myself again...
    later

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information