Thread: Music

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Music

We started this thread on the old board but lets light it up again. What kind of music do you guys like to listen to when training? I'll go first:

Korn, Def Tones, some Limp Bizkit, some Kid Rock, Metallica, Rammstien, DMX, Wu Tang, Method Man - Redman, Ice Cube. Pretty much anything with a heavy beat and aggresive lyrics...gets the adrenaline pumpin...makes me feel pumped and nasty!!

BTW at present I'm really digging "Bodies" by Drowning Pool.

Mike Guest
    Wow - for an old man......ahh nevermind you've already taken enough shit today LOL

You actually listen to just about the exact same stuff I like to when lifting - I like having rap or punk in - like DMX, or NAS etc or Face to Face, Melincollin, Propaghandi etc etc

Linkin Park , Papa Roach, Public Enemy (specially Bring Tha Noise with Anthrax) and Busta Rhymes

KingOfPop is offline New Member

Talking

Mike you are officially my fucking hero on this board...YOU LIKE PUNK?!?! That's fucking amazing! And propagandhi no less.

I listen to Strung Out, Lagwagon, Propagandhi, Pulley, Face To Face, Bodyjar, Good Riddance, Millencolin, Bad Astronauts and of course Slipknot.

On a side note realting to music...I have a show today and I'm fucking nervous...no matter how many I play it never gets any easier.

Slipknot has a phat sound...I like Godsmack as well.

Mike Guest
    oh shit...lagwagon........GOOD band....

Improving is offline Anabolic Member
    I usually just deal with whatever is playing at the gym. Usually not THAT bad (unless the "cardio only sorority girls" have had their way and the crappy club dance shit is on).

I would normally say some aggressive underground West Coast hip hop if I had my druthers. I just cant do the walkman thing. Too bulky - just something else to get in the way of the iron you know.

Improving

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    any song that has bleeped out lyrics on the radio.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Hmmmm

Here goes

AC/DC , Faith No More , Aerosmith , Papa roach U2 Little Angels Anything with some life to it but normally when I train I listen to Dance/Rave that has no words and is just fast and thumping it then becomes background noise and you don,t concentrate on it

Billy

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i'll go with every band that pete mentioned, but i have to add staind and disturbed. Improving......i'm feeling what your saying about those cardio only soroity girls. Everyonce in a while, they get thier way at the gym. those are the days when i have to use my discman

brutis is offline New Member
    The best music to pump me up is punk. Propagandhi, NOFX, Good Ridance, Lagwagon, and some extreme hard core like straight faced.
    Try it out.
    Peace

BBisLife is offline Junior Member
    Gotta be aggressive....

Just to name a few: Slipknot, System of a Down, Tool, Pantera, Slayer, Shadow's Fall, Earth Crisis, Hatebreed, NIN, Strung Out, Lagwagon, Vision of Disorder, etc etc.

~BB~

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Micheal Jackson and Ricky Martin....haha just kidding

...I love heavy metal and I mean heavy for workouts! Especially (BLS)Black Label Society and Stuck MOJO just to name a couple.

Its gotta be music to fire me up to throw some serious weight around the gym,

MJ

Thread Information