Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie

who here is into guns?

i was just curious if anyone on this board likes to collect guns. if so, then what kinds do you have?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    357 colt python in ss
    357 smith 2" in ss

.270 weatherby
    .300 weatherby mag

870 12 guage assault
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

you got a colt python? those are classic. i always wanted a big ass magnum revolver like that, but i cant afford one right now. i have a glock .45, mossberg 12 ga, savage arms 30-06, and a remington .22.

eventually im gonna get a stainless smith and wesson .44 mag with a 6 inch barrel, and a ruger mini 30 with a walnut stock and a stainless barrel. whenever i manage to get out of california, im gonna get an ak, a mac 11, and an m4.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Hopefully I can get my FAC this summer, so that I can start.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    im not so much into guns, but my buddy is a total gun nut. He owns 10 handguns and has built some of them himself. He makes charleton heston look anti gun!!!

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    baby glock 40 (model 27 w/laser sights built in the guide rod)

model 22 glock 40 (tact light on the acc rail)

colt python ss .357 (got mine from my dad)

ruger .22 bull barrel pistol (most accurate, inexpensive and fun to shoot)

Remington 700 synthetic stock .243 w/bausch&lombe 5x15x50

browning citori o/u 12ga

....many others...but those are my babies!

peace,

ttgb

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Glock 41
    S&W 357 Mag
    Ruger Red Hawk 44 Mag
    Ruger 357 Mag
    22mag Deringer
    H&K VP70Z
    Browning Hi Power

7MM Mag
    Marlin 30 30
    Beretta Semi Auto 20 Ga.
    Winchester Pump 12 Ga.
    Winchester 410 single shot
    Ruger 1022

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Glock 40 (model 23)
    S&W 44 mag
    870 remington pump 12ga
    S&W 38 special (my grandpa's old gun)
    Winchester model 94 dirty/30

i dont know what it is, but theres something about glocks that appeals to me. i bought my glock 30 the day i turned 21.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I hear ya, I love my glock! my brother is a federal agent (yeah I'm the bad son) and he carries two glock 40's as service pistols... he's the one that turned me on to them. I forgot to mention my other psitol, its a Colt Delta Elite 10mm. Badass gun and looks mean as shit, but it's single action so I had to upgrade to the glock!

my boy is totally obsessed with this sh_t too. hes got an m14, 2 colt 1911s, a fab 10, and lots of others guns too, including a ww2 belt fed 30-06. im not sure what company makes it, but it looks like the browning .50 cal machine guns.

Hard Head is offline Member
    I don't have the requisite gangbanger 'Glock fotay' but do shoot my Desert Eagle .44 mag and my sig 226 all the time. My favorite shotgun? Well it would have to be the Mag 10.

glocks are incredibly accurate and they're damn near indestructable. il eventually get a model 21, 31, 19 and a 17.

shot guns are hella fun to shoot too. especially when your using nitro steel mag tripple odd buckshot with an 18 inch barrel.

You aren't a real man unless you can shoot a Desert Eagle one handed.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Head
    You aren't a real man unless you can shoot a Desert Eagle one handed.
    done that and a .480!

peace,

ttgb

id like to try that, unfortuneately the only handguns ive shot are my .45 and a .357 mag. ive shot plenty of mag slugs through my 12 ga, although i know thats not really the same kind of thing.

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    My guns:

Springfield Armory M1A1 (basically a rebuilt M-14)
    Stephens double 12ga (pair)
    Para-0rdnance P-10 subcompact hi-cap .45, pair, one blue and one stainless
    Colt Defender compact .45
    old cap and ball revolver bought at a garage sale, which I have not fired.

Possible future acquisitions:
    Magnum Research Desert Eagle, 50 AE caliber for a car gun
    .410 derringer ooooooh, so nasty!
    Kimber custom carry .45, and I will probably sell my colt and maybe one P-10
    Magnum Research Mini-Eagle, .45 cal and I will maybe sell the other P-10

I am not a collector, per se, since all of my guns have a particular function/purpose, except of course the black powder revolver, though I have thought about loading it up and keeping it on the nightstand for my Princess to use in an emergency. She is kind of klutzy with a colt-style .45 and I just can't get her to master the basics. I am afraid she will shoot wild, get a bad case of thumb bite from the hammer or the slide, and drop her weapon where the bad guy can get it. I know she won't have any trouble with this old plow handle revolver.

Love
    Anna

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    remington model 1917 30.06
    winchester 1400 shot gun
    ruger 10/22 carbine
    colt 22 semi
    colt 22 revolver
    word war 2 sargent issue luger 9mm NRVER BEEN FIRED all engraved, clips too

Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    I hear ya, I love my glock! my brother is a federal agent (yeah I'm the bad son) and he carries two glock 40's as service pistols... he's the one that turned me on to them. I forgot to mention my other psitol, its a Colt Delta Elite 10mm. Badass gun and looks mean as shit, but it's single action so I had to upgrade to the glock!
    I consider that a DOWNGRADE. A pure single action semi-auto will have a shorter trigger pull and generally a lighter one without the staginess of a dbl action. There are NO good reasons, AFAIC, why a double action is in any way superior to a single action, except for some wierd liability reasons that apply mainly to cops.

Love
    Anna

the tension on the trigger of a glock really isnt that bad at all. but all things considered, its too bad that glocks dont have an external hammer. i would never want to carry my glock with a round in the chamber cause it could go off very easily. this has happened several times to police officers. if i am in a situation where i feel i need to have a loaded gun, il lock the action back on the glock, so if i needed to use it, i could without having to take the time to cock it. btw, i didn't know they made deringers in .410, thats pretty crazy. you dont live in california do you?

hey anna, im thinkin that for your girl, a short double barrled 12 ga would be more suitable, maybe even a street sweeper, especially if you live in a state where you're allowed to have really short barrels on shotguns. now that would ruin someones day if they decided to break into your house.

I've shot both the .50AE and the .44mag Eagles and IMO the .50 is way overkill. Especially in a tactical situation. Now if you are trying to pierce metal (but why), that's another story.

I do NOT recommend a short barrel shotgun of any caliber unless it has a full length stock. The fastest way to a broken wrist is with a sawed off pistol grip shotgun and a magnum load. Plus, that would be illegal.

the kick on a 12 ga isn't that bad, as long as its not mag slugs your using. although i suppose a female might think differently

Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    the kick on a 12 ga isn't that bad, as long as its not mag slugs your using. although i suppose a female might think differently
    Go outside, load one up, hold the shotgun in your right hand at arm's length. Put your left hand in your pocket. Pull the trigger. Call 911.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    I have a few.

92Fs
    6000s
    7mm sako.
    44 smith
    357 smith
    and a 12 gauge

i have shot mag buckshot rounds like this through my 12 ga without any problem at all. well, not with my hand in my pocket, but you know what i mean. btw, my shotgun doesn't even have a pistol grip on it.

Sta11ion is offline Member
    scorpion 9mm, hk 22mm semi, some shotguns and rifle

i would also like to point out that i didn't suggest that girl try shooting with only one hand. it would make sense that she would use both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    hey anna, im thinkin that for your girl, a short double barrled 12 ga would be more suitable, maybe even a street sweeper, especially if you live in a state where you're allowed to have really short barrels on shotguns. now that would ruin someones day if they decided to break into your house.
    My double 12s have 18-1/4" barrels one side open tube, the other side modified choke. Both have the full length original wood stocks. They reside in a closet and are our main home defense weapons. The 45s are placed in various places throughout the house unless I think it wise to carry one out with me. All three are small enough to disappear in my purse. The M14 is more of a block or street defense weapon than for home defense. If a mob of looters (such as in future hurricane situations) were coming down the street, that rifle and a couple of 20rd mags would make short work of an undisciplined and poorly armed mob. Several cops know that I would be happy to participate in any counter-sniper fun and games, such as when some dirtbags were sniping at utility crews, trying to keep the city in the stone age. Actually I am thinking about mounting a nice scope on her, just for that sort of situation. But really, the M14 is such a nice shooter as is, and if I can see something or someone, I can hit it with the stock peep alone. But housebreakers? Girlfriend, they better make good and sure that nobody is home. Oh, one of my neighbors is a truly mean SOB (multiple violent felonies) and has several nice bolt action rifles in various calibers. He seems like a nice neighbor to have, and a bad person indeed to encounter while busting into his neighbor's house. (I think he likes me, too)

Love
    Anna

I've shot both the .50AE and the .44mag Eagles and IMO the .50 is way overkill. Especially in a tactical situation. Now if you are trying to pierce metal (but why), that's another story.

I do NOT recommend a short barrel shotgun of any caliber unless it has a full length stock. The fastest way to a broken wrist is with a sawed off pistol grip shotgun and a magnum load. Plus, that would be illegal.
    Piercing metal, other cars, to be specific, is exactly why I would want a 50AE for my car gun. For that matter, I could shoot nicely at a carjacker through my own car door. A 45 could be deflected slightly by the linkage for the door locks and stuff, or stiffeners in the car door. This would not be a running and shooting sort of gun. My 45s would answer that need.

My shotguns are both legal, with legal length barrels and full stocks. I don't care for magnum loads for home defense. An overzealous prosecutor might make much of the fact that a mag load was used, and it isn't needed in home defense, IMHO. But I doubt that my wrist would be easily broken by a mag load in a chopped shotgun. I just don't think chopping it or using mags are good ideas in my situation.

Love
    Anna

trying to run up on someone armed with an m14 with a scope wouldn't be a very good idea. hell, at least you probably wouldn't feel much cause a 30-06 would most likely kill someone instantly. btw, im jelous, i really want a clip fed semi auto asault rifle, an m14 would be a dream come true.

Go outside, load one up, hold the shotgun in your right hand at arm's length. Put your left hand in your pocket. Pull the trigger. Call 911.
    Been there, done that, Dear. No big deal. Try it yourself. Maybe a single shot gun, with it's lighter weight, would give you a painful recoil, but a double will not kick enough to hurt you. That I can tell you from having done it.

Love
    Anna

I was specifically talking about a modified stock length to pistol grip only. Shorter barrels produce less firing recoil, but take away the forward weight/mass of the bbl and add to that an extremely light stock, and you have a nasty kicking piece of trouble. Watched a guy do it and ended up with a compound fracture, drove him to the hospital and tried not to laugh and say told ya.

Hey, if it works for you, by all means, use the tool. I prefer birdshot to the face over buckshot, but that's just me, I don't want to hit anyone in the next house over, just in the same room as me. I live in a suck ass state where you have to flee your home so the light birdshot round is preferable to premeditated homicide (buckshot).

If you are piercing metal, go with the big .50, by all means! I heard that most of the criminals were gone from NO, is this accurate?

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Interesting...Im still debating on which I should use for home defense.. Buckshot, or Sabot Slugs. I suppose full choke in close quarters wont have the chance of too many pellets going elsewhere, as that was my main concern, however theres only 8 or so pellets in 00 Buckshot. My concern with the Sabots was definately over penetration, however I know that Im gonna drop someone right where they stand with one a those. Im thinking about buying the Mossberg 500 in matte black for this purpose...

I own...

.45 Cherokee Black Powder
    20ga. Mossberg w/scope&cheek rest

those were gifts from my father to me, and he owns about 60 other weapons...an assortment of high powered rifles, black powder guns, several shotguns, a Ruger .44 Magnum, a S&W Snub-nose .43magnum(that he carries in his work bag), a S&W .25ACP(keeps it above his bed), a .22 Ruger revolver, just to name a few.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Because of the internal security situation here in Ireland I'm restricted to a Ruger 10.22 and even for that I had to wait almost seven months for the licence application to come through!.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i've got a 12 guage that's about it.

I was specifically talking about a modified stock length to pistol grip only. Shorter barrels produce less firing recoil, but take away the forward weight/mass of the bbl and add to that an extremely light stock, and you have a nasty kicking piece of trouble. Watched a guy do it and ended up with a compound fracture, drove him to the hospital and tried not to laugh and say told ya.

Hey, if it works for you, by all means, use the tool. I prefer birdshot to the face over buckshot, but that's just me, I don't want to hit anyone in the next house over, just in the same room as me. I live in a suck ass state where you have to flee your home so the light birdshot round is preferable to premeditated homicide (buckshot).

If you are piercing metal, go with the big .50, by all means! I heard that most of the criminals were gone from NO, is this accurate?
    Oh, well, I certainly would not want to sacrifice the stability provided by the full stock, for the slightly better maneuverability of a pistol grip. With the stock tucked UNDER your arm, you cap pivot in a pretty tight place and deliver a load of shot where you are looking. I really like that stance for close-quarters scenarios. A double handles nicely, much more nicely than a pump, held that way.

Some of the criminal element is returning. Things are getting too hot for them in Houston and other places. My old neighborhood bar down in the upper French Quarter now has crack in plentitude again. No robberies yet, and only a couple of murders. No criminal acts that I know of in the French Quarter so far, except of course drug deals and drug use and the world's oldest profession being practiced. <blush>

I also like the SCARY size of the bore on that bad boy. (50AE) That .50 hole has got to be the most intimidating thing to look into, Girlfriend! Much better to scare away someone than have to kill him, both from moral and practical standpoints. But I would be quite confident with the .50AE in a fight involving car doors as cover. I would just hate to carry that beast around, so it is strictly a car gun for me if I get it.

My home defense shotgun rounds are generally #6 shot but I keep slugs and 00 on the little bandolier on the stock. I agree on small shot for urban home defense, but only because overpenetration is not an issue with small shot. Here in Louisiana, you would actually be better off, legal-wise, with 00 since it is the accepted standard antipersonnel round. If you use something that might be considered non-lethal force but it results in death, anyway, then you could be going from a clear-cut justifiable homicide to negligent homicide, and you could see some significant time behind bars as well as having a felony conviction. However, I think morally I am more obligated to consider safety concerns than legal details. 00 can, and has, and does, kill people on the other side of a wall. That is 9 .38 cal pellets traveling just subsonic, The wall of a frame house will NOT stop it.

The only thing that troubles me about carrying slugs is that my doubles have only one open tube barrel. You don't really want to shoot slugs through a modified choke. I really should put together some tactical practice exercises so I don't hesitate when reloading with the big stuff, i.e. slugs one side and 00 the other. Generally, though, #4 or #6 in the face, or in the chest through light clothing, will take the fight out of a man, I believe. I don't care if he dies or not... I just want to cancel the threat he posed. Actually, I would prefer that he doesn't die. I do believe in the inherent sanctity of human life, and killing even a bad person is definitely a sad thing to me.

Thinking about beanbag rounds. Anybody ever had any experience with them?

Love
    Anna

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Because of the internal security situation here in Ireland I'm restricted to a Ruger 10.22 and even for that I had to wait almost seven months for the licence application to come through!.
    That is a very very nice 22 rifle, though. Lots of aftermarket accessories and modifications available, and it is cheap enough to shoot that you can run a few hundred rounds a week through it and keep in good practice. When that is all you can have, look at the good points.

You can't have a shotgun? You should be able to hunt, and you simply don't hunt birds with a rifle.

Love
    Anna

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information