Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jobs for my son

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    ups?? damn.. i think you have to be 18.. thier ideal candidate is a college student that wants/needs to work nights..

but good idea..

loading and unloading trucks..

builds stamina
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

roger24 is offline Banned
    ups at 16?

roger24 is offline Banned
    well, right now im thinking a lifeguird, or a job at the local golf-contry club would be the best bets. not very many guys are lifeguards are they. what kinds of things could he do at a golf place?

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Framing Carpenter's Apprentice

If he can find a good (meth free crew), he'll learn alot about team work and he built. Lugging construction materials all day is great for the your man's body. Also, he'll get hurt alot (smashed fingers, bruises, etc....) which will get him physically tough for life. I loved construction: get to see what you've made: immediate gratification and new skills.

JUST MAKE SURE HE DOESN'T GET RUNNING WITH ONE OF THE NETHED OUT CREWS. THERE ARE TONS OF THEM OUT THERE. LOOK FOR AN OLD MAN RUNNING THE SHOW WITH CLEAN LOOKING CREW MEMBERS.

rEMEMBER, YOUR SON WILL START AT THE BOTTOM BUT SHOULD GET CLOSE TO $10/HR.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    As a teen I started my student work life in shït jobs (runner in a grocery at minimum wage, night shift stock boy, emptying vans full of tires!) and trust me... it gave me all the incentive in the world to aspire for better and keep going to school to better myself.

I think shït-jobs build character for teens. I'm not sure getting a teen with barely any education a $10+/hour job is sending the right message anyways. As much as I hate McJobs, I think that they are ideal for a 16yo (if only to teach them the "you don't wanna do this for the rest of your life" lesson.)

My kid is 12 and if he wants pocket money above his allowance, he has to babysit, cut lawns or shovel snow. When he is 15 or 16 he'll get a McJob and earn his way up. I could get him an installation job in my dads kitchen remodeling company at $20/hr, but what lesson would he learn from that? He has to learn to do things himself.

My advice? Let him work a few shït jobs so he can appreciate the better paying jobs later.

Red
    Shitty jobs sure made me appreciate money. I HAD to get a job, because I got a large speeding ticket and had to pay it off. Worked as a dishwasher at a restaurant. Made me value hard work, and money management. Then I felt pleasure as I worked my way up. I then was a bus-boy, then a waiter. Proved to me that hard work does pay off, and that you never have to settle for anything. Working afew jobs, helped me find out what I want to do in life alittle better than before.

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    My boy works at a local gym. He is at the front desk, answers phone, scans cards, folds towels, gives tours and is a general utility type person. Pay is over 6.00/hr, plus he gets a free membership at the gym. Now the little turd is a member of two gyms, and has three to work out in, my gym, his work, and the football weight room at his high school. He loves it,great environment, the adult co-workers, bb and pl all treat him great because he loves to learn and lift and is not a smartass like his old man. Plus he is learning life skills by learning to deal with rude and/or retarded clients in a way other than face masking them.

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by roger24
    well, right now im thinking a lifeguird, or a job at the local golf-contry club would be the best bets. not very many guys are lifeguards are they. what kinds of things could he do at a golf place?
    where i live most lifeguards are guys...few of my friends from school used to do that..good money, good girls..lol

tell him to check out the catering/bus boy they seem to make decent money
    i was a waiter worked 4 days a week about 20-25 hours a week and took in on average of $600 a week
    not bad for a 17yo making around $20 an hour....
    or try a local gym.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Once again, have him join the army reserves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information