Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    StevePJC is offline Member

Any other pro wrestlers read the boards?

C'mon I know there's a host of you that probably do. Dont need to use your working name if you dont want to.

Me, retired, 92-2000

Anyone else?

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    Aye, i am with the AWA

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePJC
    C'mon I know there's a host of you that probably do. Dont need to use your working name if you dont want to.

Me, retired, 92-2000

Anyone else?
    Bam Bam Bigelow is that u?

Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    Bam Bam Bigelow is that u?

Uhhhhhh.....

No. Sorry. No Bigelow's here.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePJC
    Uhhhhhh.....

No. Sorry. No Bigelow's here.
    Kane is that u?

please tell me you Vader...

ITS TIME...ITS TIME.... ITS VADER TIMEEEE

No. Not Vader. I do know a Luke though....

Shit that was corny. I am ashamed.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    the bushwackers ??? ....... butch ????

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    U were a wrestler in what league??

~SC~

Independent with a few Japan tours and a South Africa tour.

Nobody special though.

decadbal is offline Banned
    a guy i used to workout with did that "pro" wrestling stuff... i think the term pro is applied liberally... if u make 14k a year wrestling... that doesnt make youa a pro.... just poor. wwf, and all that those are the actual pros right.. so which one are you..hahahahahahahahahahahah

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    <~~~~~~~~~~Rick Flare,, WHOOOOO

ironmike250 is offline Associate Member
    My cousin is engaged to Batista. No $hit!
    I don't know her, I just know we're related.
    I thought it was kinda cool!

Speaking of Vader..........

Quote Originally Posted by TheNatural3456
    please tell me you Vader...

ITS TIME...ITS TIME.... ITS VADER TIMEEEE
    He was the last WWF dude to kick my 'ASS' which wasnt so phat back then...I was one of the losers, squashies if you will.. You've might have saw me get my 'ASS' kicked on sat morn wwf tv..Early to mid 90's..But what killed me and all the other losers??....the infamous WWF/WCW ratings war whci began in the early 90's..But I'm noone famous..I've just recently started up again after a 3 yr layoff and plan on hitting the indy scene hard,..

I used to want to be involved in wrestling but not so much anymore. Those guys have a tough,tough life. Your never home,living out of hotels and travel bags, trying to train and stay fit on little sleep b/ of your schedule. Eventually pain killers, uppers, and heavy steroid use become almost a necessity to stay in the game. I know a couple guys in wrestling, not going to mention their names, but their lives are not what we think they're cracked up to be. I think the WWE went the wrong route w/ the story line soap opera garbage and many of their themes. Wrestling used to be something children could watch and get excited about. Now, no young kid is going to have the attention span to sit through 40 min of tough talk and drama, they want to see the matches!! The way the federation flaunts women in sleezy outfits is kind of inappropriate as well for the younger crowd. Now the only ones who seem to watch wrestling religiously are adults, or a large crowd of trailer trash. Too bad it wasnt how it used to be. And whats w/ wrestlers acting like softies now when they're not in the ring? "Trish, I dont want you to go out there, no please....dont go, wah wah wah" What ever happened to" I'M COMING DOWN THERE, TO KICK YOUR ASS!!!!!" mY .02

Sorry but i dont belive you wrestled vader. Or anyone in the WWE/WWF The term would be Jobber.. Jobroni ect sqwasher.. hmm . As far as the other guy who said he couldnt call himself a pro.. i think you should try doing this for a few weeks. I had some friends who thought they were real bad asses get in the ring, cage fighters greco roman guys ect.. the shit hurts.. and if you look it up.. if he made 1 cent for wrestleing he was a pro thats what a pro means it means you get paid to do it, its your profession. Alot of guys wrestle for years and never get paid.. so your friend if he made 14k must have been pretty over. Its not a life where alot of people are going to get rich.. its a life that people choose becouse they enjoy doing it. Making people laugh. getting people pumped ect.

thats cool brooo.....

Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    Sorry but i dont belive you wrestled vader. Or anyone in the WWE/WWF The term would be Jobber.. Jobroni ect sqwasher.. hmm . As far as the other guy who said he couldnt call himself a pro.. i think you should try doing this for a few weeks. I had some friends who thought they were real bad asses get in the ring, cage fighters greco roman guys ect.. the shit hurts.. and if you look it up.. if he made 1 cent for wrestleing he was a pro thats what a pro means it means you get paid to do it, its your profession. Alot of guys wrestle for years and never get paid.. so your friend if he made 14k must have been pretty over. Its not a life where alot of people are going to get rich.. its a life that people choose becouse they enjoy doing it. Making people laugh. getting people pumped ect.
    Don't feel sorry for what you believe in dude...I'm glad you have your opinion about that...Pin me/pay me..that was my job...I have no worries about your thoughts.. they(wwf) paid well and even covered traveling expenses...By no means was it my full-time gig but had to miss work on tues and wed cause thats when they did the 4 hr long taping sessions for the weekends to come...and as far as the term 'Jobroni' that name only came up after 'the Rock' brought it up in the later part of the 90's and by that time 'jobbers' were long gone because it was all about ratings...Hmmmm......
    Last edited by MR PHATT ASS; 01-09-2006 at 11:09 PM.

TheSickOne is offline Junior Member
    Do you SMMMMMMELLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE SICK ONE IS COOKING?

Yep MPA you just confirmed my statement. The rock had nothing to do with creating jobroni #1 it was a saying that has been around since the early 80's mabey even before that.. its a form of the word jobber. As far as the WWF paying for your flight.. or anything but a sample platter and one day payday that is horsehit too. They only fly the stars around they get local guys in every city they go to when they need jobbers. A jobber = somone that comes in and does the job, takes the bumps. gets too look like shit to put over the star. This is the last post i will make about this but the only thing i smmmmmmmmmelllllllllllll is bullshit.

system admin is offline Owner
    im just typing letters here cause I wanted to post but have nothing to add...

great last post>>>>>

I believe you know what your talking about, but I cant tell if phatt is serious or not?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

biggnik56 is offline Associate Member
    i do it part time in nj.....

ultimo is offline Associate Member
    yo...whoever has wreslted in any sort of a circut i have a HUGE amount of respect for. a few boys in my gym in canada train and wreslte around atlantic canada with a small federation. one of them wrestled on heat once but did not get hired by vince i guess...there are just so many wreslters and only one show its a horrible situation.

but you guys bust your ass day in and day out and THEN train to get better at it and THEN train in the gym to look your best and also to make sure you can put on the best show. (its not all about the physique to these boys).

its a hard life and i think you are appreciated greatly and respected by those who love what you do.

The term jibroni actually started out as "jobrone." According to Terry Funk, who I got to pick the brain of once, that term has been around since he was a kid watching his dad Dory Sr.

The term is a compound of job and brother. Jobbrother or Jobrone.

New York will fly some people who are not under contract if they are taking a look at you. I toured in 1997 for almost three months with them before they decided I wasn't what they wanted. My airfare was taken care of. Rental car and hotel was not. I was also paid a minimum $150 per match but was eligible for the show pool which made the cars and hotel much easier to pay for.

Normally for TV tapings they used to only use local talent. Back in the early 90's when I started the payoff for a jobrone was $300. I worked one prior TV taping against Ludvig Borga and was paid that amount.

terry is a good guy, i belive local jobber pay now for tv tapings is $300 house shows are $150. I am actualy going to meet with tom pritchard this week.

this is my last word on this too.....

Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    Yep MPA you just confirmed my statement. The rock had nothing to do with creating jobroni #1 it was a saying that has been around since the early 80's mabey even before that.. its a form of the word jobber. As far as the WWF paying for your flight.. or anything but a sample platter and one day payday that is horsehit too. They only fly the stars around they get local guys in every city they go to when they need jobbers. A jobber = somone that comes in and does the job, takes the bumps. gets too look like shit to put over the star. This is the last post i will make about this but the only thing i smmmmmmmmmelllllllllllll is bullshit.
    I've never heard of the word 'Jobroni' before him and i've been watching a loooong time during the 80's.Up north the public had no idea of what was happening down south if thats were the term came from.#2 who said anything about flying???please find my words that say the wwf flew me in.!!!!.. I said traveling expenses!!!..we drove everywhere cities, states close by,..they wanted as many peeps in 1 car as we could able fit.And they reimbursed us for those traveling expenses including gas, hotels..Our main contact guy was Tony Garea.Pay in the early 90's was 150 plus expenses, that eventually went up to 250 plus expenses...But thats cool Trannnnnzzy. I'm not on here to get into a board arguement or to try and fool anyone...I've been on here far to long too worry about petty stuff..

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    I used to want to be involved in wrestling but not so much anymore. Those guys have a tough,tough life. Your never home,living out of hotels and travel bags, trying to train and stay fit on little sleep b/ of your schedule. Eventually pain killers, uppers, and heavy steroid use become almost a necessity to stay in the game. I know a couple guys in wrestling, not going to mention their names, but their lives are not what we think they're cracked up to be. I think the WWE went the wrong route w/ the story line soap opera garbage and many of their themes. Wrestling used to be something children could watch and get excited about. Now, no young kid is going to have the attention span to sit through 40 min of tough talk and drama, they want to see the matches!! The way the federation flaunts women in sleezy outfits is kind of inappropriate as well for the younger crowd. Now the only ones who seem to watch wrestling religiously are adults, or a large crowd of trailer trash. Too bad it wasnt how it used to be. And whats w/ wrestlers acting like softies now when they're not in the ring? "Trish, I dont want you to go out there, no please....dont go, wah wah wah" What ever happened to" I'M COMING DOWN THERE, TO KICK YOUR ASS!!!!!" mY .02

I agree... its gone to shit IMO

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    There's only one way to settle this....

CAGE MATCH!

Definatly serious systemsss

Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    im just typing letters here cause I wanted to post but have nothing to add...

great last post>>>>>

I believe you know what your talking about, but I cant tell if phatt is serious or not?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    As amatter of fact You can actually see me in a movie..how do I prove this..rent a movie made in late 94 or 95. movie is called 'Born to be Wild'...Its about this kid and this gorilla...roughly 20-22 min into the movie a security guard is watching one of my wwf matches on tv *in the movie*. I'm in for about 2 seconds and that time I was wrestling Crush and Yokozuna when they were a tag team...now how do I prove that guy is me?? I can post one of my promotion pictures on here ofcourse faceless but I have the same outfit on in my picture as in this movie..I know..the same outfit doesn't mean shit, but Its one in the same...And believe me why would I be on this board for over 4+ yrs and lie about this..I'd rather lie about cycles, and chicks and stuff like that...Anyways whatever it is its all 'Kool in the Gang'

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    Haha!! I remember cage maches!! Stopped watching cuz it became too wierd 4 me!!

Quote Originally Posted by MR PHATT ASS
    As amatter of fact You can actually see me in a movie..how do I prove this..rent a movie made in late 94 or 95. movie is called 'Born to be Wild'...Its about this kid and this gorilla...roughly 20-22 min into the movie a security guard is watching one of my wwf matches on tv *in the movie*. I'm in for about 2 seconds and that time I was wrestling Crush and Yokozuna when they were a tag team...now how do I prove that guy is me?? I can post one of my promotion pictures on here ofcourse faceless but I have the same outfit on in my picture as in this movie..I know..the same outfit doesn't mean shit, but Its one in the same...And believe me why would I be on this board for over 4+ yrs and lie about this..I'd rather lie about cycles, and chicks and stuff like that...Anyways whatever it is its all 'Kool in the Gang'
    K i'm renting "Born to be Wild" tonight!

Than we'll settle this... lol

What was the name u went by MPA in the early 90's? Even the guys like you were introduced. I remember Yokozuna and Crush, lol. Brings back memories man. Wait, we're you "Doink the clown"?
    Last edited by Smak; 01-10-2006 at 02:49 PM.

Please do..........I cant wait ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    K i'm renting "Born to be Wild" tonight!

Than we'll settle this... lol

What was the name u went by MPA in the early 90's? Even the guys like you were introduced. I remember Yokozuna and Crush, lol. Brings back memories man. Wait, we're you "Doink the clown"?
    Yes.....by all means do.and ya we were introduced....I just change my avatar..this is the outfit I had on...Remember now..roughly 22 min into this movie...An actually Doink was my 1st one....

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    i wrestled in the UK from 2001-2004, professionally. made no serious money, was at college at the time. still intend on going for it properly sumtime soon, moving out to the states or canada, but my life took afew different turns and wrestling was put on the back burner. i was 15 when i turned pro, then had shoulder surgery when i was 17, havent gotten back to it properly since. shoulder is 100% and i never stopped the bodybuilding, so now look 10 times better at 20 years old.

i wrestled in HS... much like kurt angle in real life, i could kick any of those posers ass.... wrassling is fake... just like the attitudes on those homos... triple H.... i say triple bitch

Yeah Deca . It's all fake. No one ever gets hurt. The chairs aren't real. The falls on the concrete? Ah hell, we're taught to fall properly, it really doesn't hurt.

Damn those pro wrasslers. Total waste of a form of entertainment.

dont make me meet u in the squared circle

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Haven't watched wrestling seriously since WCW was bought out. I used to love it, but the WWE soap opera thing is garbage imo.

Cfiler try TNA wrestling on spike. I think thats more of what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    i wrestled in HS... much like kurt angle in real life, i could kick any of those posers ass.... wrassling is fake... just like the attitudes on those homos... triple H.... i say triple bitch

this guy is clueless.. i live my gimmick and i wrestle... and id put up 1k US that id beat your ass in less then 2 min.. no pinning, no tapping just knock you the **** out till you couldnt function any longer. I wrestled free style fought mixed martial arts in tournys boxed and have done my share of street/bar fighting and i am way more brused and beaten after my matchs wrestling then i ever have been in any of that. Its also harder work. So you dont know what the **** you are talking about.

Ah hell! A challenge. You bring your wrestling and I'll bring my wrasslin complete with steel chairs and two by fours!

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    dont make me meet u in the squared circle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information