J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member

UFC in 5 minutes

gonna be some live action at 10 eastern- ayup 5 more minutes.

looks like a couple good matches too- i'm particularily looking forward to james irvin vs. stephen bonnar.

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    royce gracie vs. hughes in may?

****, im a gracie fan, hope he doesnt get humiliated.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    royce gracie vs. hughes in may?

****, im a gracie fan, hope he doesnt get humiliated.
    I'm curious to see the rules on the match. I'm wondering if it will be a no time limit rule. If so Gracie will have an edge.

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    its going to be interesting for sure.. I definately want to see if gracie has still got it.

i was trying to get on sherdog and see if royce has been successful anytime in the recent past, but their fight finder is all ****ed up.

good point about the rules usfighter.

Massacre is offline Senior Member
    i'm bored.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    I think Royce has lost his last 2 matches. I saw him get beat twice in Pride a few years ago. And I think the UFC is going to make a lot of changes to the rules in order for Royce to fight Matt. Btw, Dana White is the worst promoter in MMA! Really the UFC is sort of a dead end organization. If Dana wants to do something right he should put the UFC vs Pride. And if that ever did happen my money would be on Pride!! I like some of the guys in the UFC, but Pride is stacked with talent!
    Last edited by CarbonCopy; 01-17-2006 at 08:43 AM.

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    Those were quick fights last night.............11 seconds.......damn tied the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic CEO
    Those were quick fights last night.............11 seconds.......damn tied the record.

Yeah no kidding right... That was crazy! I can't wait to see old Shamrock and Tito coaching this season.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy
    I think Royce has lost his last 2 matches. I saw him get beat twice in Pride a few years ago. And I think the UFC is going to make a lot of changes to the rules in order for Royce to fight Matt. Btw, Dana White is the worst promoter in MMA! Really the UFC is sort of a dead end organization. If Dana wants to do something right he should put the UFC vs Pride. And if that ever did happen my money would be on Pride!! I like some of the guys in the UFC, but Pride is stacked with talent!

Nah Royce hasnt lost a match in years. His last match he lost to was sakuraba about 4 years ago. And he lost due to exhaustion against whats his face back in like UFC 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic CEO
    yeah alot of those fights seemed like fixed or something. at any rate they suckt.

I think Don frye still owns the record for the quickest knockout which was 8 seconds. They said 11 seconds was tied for 4th I believe.

He had a loss in 2000 to Kazushi Sakuraba and fought to a draw with Hidehiko Yoshida in 2003. Both of these were in Pride, but really I thought they were both bad calls. The loss to Sakuraba was total BS IMO, because they said he was choked out, which he clearly wasn't. And his fight with Yoshida really wasn't his best fight either.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy
    He had a loss in 2000 to Kazushi Sakuraba and fought to a draw with Hidehiko Yoshida in 2003. Both of these were in Pride, but really I thought they were both bad calls. The loss to Sakuraba was total BS IMO, because they said he was choked out, which he clearly wasn't. And his fight with Yoshida really wasn't his best fight either.

Choked out?? Royce Gracie threw the towel in, in between rounds and could barely walk after taking leg kicks for over an hour. That match was legendary. Royce lost plain and simple.
    Last edited by USfighterFC; 01-17-2006 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Choked out?? Royce Gracie threw the towel in, in between rounds and could barely walk after taking leg kicks for over an hour. That match was legendary. Royce lost plain and simple.
    Wasn't it Sakuraba that laid on top of Royce and they thought he was choked out?

Nah that was the yoshida fight....and the call was later reversed if i'm not mistaken....it was ruled a draw. I thought you may have had them reversed lol

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Nah that was the yoshida fight....and the call was later reversed if i'm not mistaken....it was ruled a draw. I thought you may have had them reversed lol
    Ah ok ok my mistake. I wondered why they had that fight listed as a draw, I forgot he appealed it.

CC

Thread Information