Terinox is offline The One & Only

Playing Computer Games...

Howdy,

Sometimes, when I'm playing a game, for example, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, the game will suddenly exit, RIGHT in the middle of the game, and it'll go back to the operating system (Windows 2000 in my case). Now, my PC ITSELF is top of the line. Pentium 4, 2.8Ghz processor, I have 512MB RAM, and a 128 ATI Video Card, over 200Gigs of HD space, so like I said, it's a sweet system.

However, my FIRST thought was that the PC is overheating, and that causes the game to exit, and when I touch the case (near the back where the power supply is) it IS pretty hot, but I dunno how normal that is.

ALSO, I was thinking that IF IT WAS an overheating issue, wouldn't the computer normally reboot itself? Cuz it's too hot for the CPU or whatever?

Can someone PLEASE tell me the possible problems here, it gets VERY annoying during game play.

Thnx,
    T.

Also, this has happened with various games, Doom 3, Diablo II, etc...

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    turn off your computer and give it a rest and get to the gym

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios
    turn off your computer and give it a rest and get to the gym
    LOLOL

I workout 4 days a week, that's enough for me brother, what I need now is a solution to my gaming problem. You gotta relax and take the school/work stress away somehow

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Heating problems will cause lock-ups and could also make the system reboot...... not just exit the game and return to the OS.

It sounds like there's a bug in the game or a driver for your video or sound card might need to be upgraded. You can go to the game developers site and see if there are any updates for the problem you are seeing.

Thread Information