NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member

Question Has anyone been to.......

Have you been to Cancun if so how is it? the area nightlife. etc. Looking to take my finance there...I live in Florida, also do I need a Passport?

Thanks,
    NYGIANTS21

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    you used to not need a passport, but that was pre 9/11, now i am not sure, night life is good, L boom, senor frogs, carlos and charlies, daay rock, are a few hot spots, very young crowd though, i myself wouldnt go back, i went 3 times before i was 21 , now i think i would do a more relaxed trip that would involve less drinking, that place has a way of making me a drunk monkey!

nickd10 is offline Junior Member
    First, the nightlife there is great, the scenery is great, Ive been twice and had the time of my life.
    Second, that is the last place you would want to bring your fiancee bro! Its more of a singles type vacation.
    Try one of the Sandals resorts if your looking for a couples type trip.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Been there 2 years ago.. it was pretty good.. how old r u?

I'm not sure it's a place for couples though.. more suited for singles

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    overrated. head south a half hour to the riviera. playa del carmens great. PLUS, cancun got hit pretty hard by the hurricane, playa got less of the winds and more stuff is open and tourist ready

Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    overrated. head south a half hour to the riviera. playa del carmens great. PLUS, cancun got hit pretty hard by the hurricane, playa got less of the winds and more stuff is open and tourist ready
    my parents were suposed to go recently and backed out, because the hurricanes washed away alot of the beaches and destroyed alot of bussiness. youmay want to check this out

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks bro's

Mizfit I'm 27

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    my parents were suposed to go recently and backed out, because the hurricanes washed away alot of the beaches and destroyed alot of bussiness. youmay want to check this out
    yep, i go down there a couple times a year for business reasons and everything got hit pretty hard, however the riviera section had good ole cozumel to block the brunt of the winds and waves. cancun was ravaged but playa and the stretch around came out pretty unscathed.

yep, i go down there a couple times a year for business reasons and everything got hit pretty hard, however the riviera section had good ole cozumel to block the brunt of the winds and waves. cancun was ravaged but playa and the stretch around came out pretty unscathed.
    thanks for the info, maybe my parents can relocate to riviera and save there trip

Sepsis is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGIANTS21
    Have you been to Cancun if so how is it? the area nightlife. etc. Looking to take my finance there...I live in Florida, also do I need a Passport?

Thanks,
    NYGIANTS21
    bro, you are in florida. plenty of party here. no need to go anywhere. oh yeah, i'm assuming you are in so fla right?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    thanks for the info, maybe my parents can relocate to riviera and save there trip
    ALOT nicer than cancun... much more of an international flavor, versus the regular cancun humdrum. and its only thirty minutes south.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

agree, it is overrated, Cozamel is prety cool, but right now, there is like a billion people there for springbreak, Id rather stay in Flordia, maybe go to the Keys,

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I've been there twice and am going in a few weeks. It's not the best place (going because i got a fat ass deal), but it's still a good time. Last time I was there was 02, so I don't know how the hurricane effected it. I stayed at a really nice hotel last time (further down the strip by the Club Med), so it wasn't as crazy as most places. This time I'm staying by all of the clubs.

Coco Bongos and La Boom (?) were the hot spots as far as clubs. Senor Frogs and Carlos and Charlies are more laid back, but still a good time. During the day, you might wanna take the lady to Isla Mujeres. You can do some snorkeling and some other activities. They also have a water park a little south of the strip, not sure if it's still operating though.

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    Jamacia mon. Exotic and beautiful....

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Cancun is a dump. Go to playa Del Carmen. Like everyone else said, it's much nicer and would be a better time for a couple.

or Beleize i stayed at a place called Canable cafe, pretty cool, its very very very remote, you can do anything, naked chick walking around and some pretty crazy people

or Beleize i stayed at a place called Canable cafe, pretty cool, its very very very remote, you can do anything, naked chick walking around and some pretty crazy people

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Cabo

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I would so NOT take my GF to Cancun......ever. Id rather go to Cuba or Dominican Republic. Cancun is a party place, I reserve for myself and friends.
    JMO.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I forgot - When I went in 2002, no passport was necessary. I spoke with a rep at expedia who said it wasn't required, but she didn't sound convincing. She gave me a web site to check, i'll post it if i can find it.

ShnouzedUp is offline Banned
    been 3 times... way overrated imho... i've had more fun in florida to tell you the truth... cancun stinks too... blaah stinks bad, and the bus drivers suck ass... and all the annoying ass kids tryin to sell you shit... nah im good to go to never go back.... IBIZA all the way...

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShnouzedUp
    IBIZA all the way...
    Ibiza is great. Except for being beat down I had a great time there.

Thread Information