Went into my first house fire

Went into my first structural fire this week, what a ****ing adren****e rush. Definitely not how you would picture it. First off, you dont see shit, its all black. Alot of the time you cant even see the fire, you may just see a small glow until you get 5 foot from it. The captain told us that he was reading temps of 300 on the floor, and 1200-1500 on the cieling with his thermal imagery camera. I was sweating like a damn pediphile on a playground up in that bitch.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    congrats my man...it must be a huge rush. Must have an element of fun in it also. Always remember to check those closets and under the beds....................thats where people hide the best stuff lol ....j/k

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    congrats my man...it must be a huge rush. Must have an element of fun in it also. Always remember to check those closets and under the beds....................thats where people hide the best stuff lol ....j/k

hahahah, **** that, if it aint a body we aint hanging around for tea

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    there was a deaf kid in my town who drove the ambulance and wanted to be a fire fighter. He went into the burning house drill and almost got himself killed because he couldnt hear where to go. I don't know what the fire station was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    there was a deaf kid in my town who drove the ambulance and wanted to be a fire fighter. He went into the burning house drill and almost got himself killed because he couldnt hear where to go. I don't know what the fire station was thinking.

its hard enough to hear if your not deaf, I dont know what in the world they were thinking either

firenwire is offline Junior Member
    I went in 1 house that was on fire. Learned something very important. Fire is hot and my place is in the meatwagon. So now I let the hose draggers go in and bring 'em out to me. When there is something worth bringing out.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    My brother is in the rescue services. I think it works alittle different over here. Anyway, he says he hates checking under beds and closets because theats where you find the kids hiding from the fire. Must be awful.

He's going to NYC as a guest of the FDNY and marching on the St. Patricks day parade. All expenses paid too!.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    at those tempratures, why did you go in?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Damn man, that must be a rush, cant imagine that. Hope it goes well for ya.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    nice man, i remeber my first one. bout crapped my pants

remeber to always keep the 4 signs of flash in your head

and VENT VENT VENT

0 visability pretty much sucks no matter how you look at it

and when in doubt grab the 2.5 with a smooth bore

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    at those tempratures, why did you go in?
    those temps are pretty much considered normal, its warm, but youd be amazed how well turnout gear really works

we do training in basically like a huge steel oven where we have temps at the ceiling around 2000F where everything is on fire (its called a flashover) in the compartment next to you

somewhere around 300-600F at the floor, depending on your gear, it starts to get hot enough that is just hurts being in there..thats time to get the **** out time as if its that hot down there, the ceiling is really rocking...and if you get caught in a flashover, most turnout gear is rated to keep a firefighter alive for about 5 seconds tops if your in the same room

ive been in a couple fires where it was hot enough that you couldnt even look at it and after it was said and done, had minor burns to my eyes as they dry out so fast from the radiant heat.

the good thing about fires that hot, all you need to do is spray a window with the hose and they will completely bust apart and the room cools down considerably well

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    wow dude, i had no idea

props up to firefighters!

Thread Information