Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member

dropping the weights in the gym

This is an article that was written in my school's newspaper, about a guy (who i know and fits the description in this article). Its a bit of a read but it is quite amusing and did stir quite a bit of emotion in me, which i will use to deadlift tomorrow

Written by Angela, Contributor
    Wednesday, 08 March 2006
    "Arghhhhhhhh, gahhhhhh, yessssssss."
    He is moaning, grunting and finally reveling in his success. His hair and body are drenched in sweat, everyone around him staring in awe. But you're not on set of a steamy adult movie, nor are you watching a guy help his buddies move a refrigerator into their new place. What you see and hear is one of the spectacles at the Tait McKenzie Centre (TMC) that I cannot be silent about any longer.
    Unlike many people, I do not use my gym time to make some time saving calls or to check out the York hotties. For me, TMC is where I can get a free workout in the comfort of being on campus. I love the rush I get after I work out and have a feeling of self-accomplishment. But sometimes in the process of doing so, I am distracted by certain people. We all know who I am talking about: the disgruntled, oversized jock that uses the gym as an ego booster.
    Not only does he make a grand entrance, he also does not hide the fact that he uses every mirror in the gym to check out a new bulge. He lifts weights that he clearly cannot handle (or maybe he can and just thinks that making a scene of it will show the world his superhuman powers. Not only does he annoy the people around him who are trying to focus on their own training, but he creates rage in a usually happy and laid-back individual.
    The scene: I am on the Stairmaster one day having an invigorating workout and mentally organizing things I have to do for the day when, all of a sudden, I hear a loud bang and am interrupted. I look over, and see a grinning ape in the process of proving his masculinity to the world. I give him a deadly glare hoping to signal to him that he is not impressing anyone; especially not me. This continues each time he fails and each time I look over to express my annoyance. I try to finish my workout without causing a scene, because no one needs to see another pathetic excuse for attention. As I walk by a short time later, he smiles at me and says hello. I walk right by icily, and I am clearly not pleased.
    The point of my long-winded story is this: There is a widespread myth that girls like guys with muscles, who have high confidence and are in good shape. Personally, I do not like this type of guy nor am I impressed by his overzealous attempts to prove his manliness.
    If you are so insecure that you have to make a spectacle of yourself to prove your masculinity, then just date a mirror. I would rather date a guy with a little extra fat than a baboon any day.

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    They both sound like twats.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    yeah seriously. chick must be fat or ugly or both. dude sounds like a douche anyways.

oh by the way i know the guy and yes he does getr very excited (to say the least) when deadlifting about 495 lbs and his yelling at my friend and I is quite helpful. His yelling and encouragement has helped me set new personal bests (in lifting) so maybe he's not a douche.

ALso she is probablt referring to the 4 of us who deadlift together.

Mark is the guy who is the loudest amongst us.
    Last edited by stunner5000pt; 03-13-2006 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt
    His yelling and encouragement has helped me set new perosnal records
    Not flaming you, maybe it's me cos I'm tired, but the way that is worded just amuses me cos it sounds a bit gay.

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    is the chick who wrote hot?

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYouMSN
    i dont know what she looks like but if i find out im going to ask my girl friend to smack her

chest6 is offline Banned
    Another one that likes the skinny dudes with spiked hair. She keeps saying its distracting blah blah..wear headphones. Man people at my gym are the same way.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    i lift heavy weights.... does that mean its an ego boost??? **** no that means that im serious and wanna get big not turn into a fat slob like the girl who wrote this... that guy does seem like an idiot though

chest6 is offline Banned
    ya thats something I don't agree with at all. Lifting heavy weights means you need an ego boost and you are cocky etc..I dont think so. The only reason I drop weights is because I think if I try to set them down I will injure myself. I actually have before from trying to set down heavy dumbbells.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Lesbian.

slob is offline Member
    what a sad case she is.
    i'd rather drop a heavy weight-especially a dumbell rather than injure myself trying to place it down so I don't offend anyone's dainty ears.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    This is an article that was written in my school's newspaper, about a guy (who i know and fits the description in this article). Its a bit of a read but it is quite amusing and did stir quite a bit of emotion in me, which i will use to deadlift tomorrow

Written by Angela, Contributor
    Wednesday, 08 March 2006
    "Arghhhhhhhh, gahhhhhh, yessssssss."
    He is moaning, grunting and finally reveling in his success. His hair and body are drenched in sweat, everyone around him staring in awe. But you're not on set of a steamy adult movie, nor are you watching a guy help his buddies move a refrigerator into their new place. What you see and hear is one of the spectacles at the Tait McKenzie Centre (TMC) that I cannot be silent about any longer.
    Unlike many people, I do not use my gym time to make some time saving calls or to check out the York hotties. For me, TMC is where I can get a free workout in the comfort of being on campus. I love the rush I get after I work out and have a feeling of self-accomplishment. But sometimes in the process of doing so, I am distracted by certain people. We all know who I am talking about: the disgruntled, oversized jock that uses the gym as an ego booster.
    Not only does he make a grand entrance, he also does not hide the fact that he uses every mirror in the gym to check out a new bulge. He lifts weights that he clearly cannot handle (or maybe he can and just thinks that making a scene of it will show the world his superhuman powers. Not only does he annoy the people around him who are trying to focus on their own training, but he creates rage in a usually happy and laid-back individual.
    The scene: I am on the Stairmaster one day having an invigorating workout and mentally organizing things I have to do for the day when, all of a sudden, I hear a loud bang and am interrupted. I look over, and see a grinning ape in the process of proving his masculinity to the world. I give him a deadly glare hoping to signal to him that he is not impressing anyone; especially not me. This continues each time he fails and each time I look over to express my annoyance. I try to finish my workout without causing a scene, because no one needs to see another pathetic excuse for attention. As I walk by a short time later, he smiles at me and says hello. I walk right by icily, and I am clearly not pleased.
    The point of my long-winded story is this: There is a widespread myth that girls like guys with muscles, who have high confidence and are in good shape. Personally, I do not like this type of guy nor am I impressed by his overzealous attempts to prove his manliness.
    If you are so insecure that you have to make a spectacle of yourself to prove your masculinity, then just date a mirror. I would rather date a guy with a little extra fat than a baboon any day.
    this girl is an ass as well, go to lilith fair and paint me a rainbow

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    oh by the way i know the guy and yes he does getr very excited (to say the least) when deadlifting about 495 lbs and his yelling at my friend and I is quite helpful. His yelling and encouragement has helped me set new personal bests (in lifting) so maybe he's not a douche.

ALso she is probablt referring to the 4 of us who deadlift together.

Mark is the guy who is the loudest amongst us.
    in that case, fvck her, she's an idiot that needs to either live with people being passionate about working out or go somewhere else.....yelling, encouraging, and the occasional grunt are necessary in my opinion.......we have a solution to this at Mizzou.....they built a "quiet room" for idiots that want it quiet.....but mainly girls just go in there.....and the occasional idiot guy that wants to make himself look good for the girls i guess..........here's what i'd tell this chick "Suck me, Suck me, eat me raw!!" courtesy of WASP.

Bastard Samurai is offline Associate Member
    sounds to me that she got dissed by this guy and is flaming him because of it, I mean honestly would you give that much thought and attention to someone who annoyed the hell out of you?

BS

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Samurai
    sounds to me that she got dissed by this guy and is flaming him because of it, I mean honestly would you give that much thought and attention to someone who annoyed the hell out of you?

BS
    another good point

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Yep shes probably fallen out of the ugly tree and hit quite a few branches on the way down....ha ha.. shes just plain angry

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    yeah seriously. chick must be fat or ugly or both. dude sounds like a douche anyways.
    bingo.......

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYouMSN
    I just re read what she wrote and I too would like to know if she is hot because she expressed an interest in guys with a little extra fat, I think I may be her type!

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    I like benching the bar, and grunting real loud when I do it. People think Im hardore, and nobody can hang with me. LMAO.

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    headphones work wonders u stupid crack whore.....

LX-1 is offline Banned
    the only exercise i drop the weights on weights on is flat dumbell press, i HAVE to.
    Last edited by LX-1; 03-13-2006 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    I just re read what she wrote and I too would like to know if she is hot because she expressed an interest in guys with a little extra fat, I think I may be her type!

I am on the Stairmaster one day having an invigorating workout and mentally organizing things I have to do for the day
    anyone who finds a stairmaster INVIGORATING and have the ability to ORGANIZE A DAY while doing anything on it is probably not using a stairmaster to its full potential... because frankly i cant think when im doing cardio or lifting weights or anything like that

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LX-1
    the only exercise i drop the weights on weights on is flat dumbell press, i HAVE to.
    ya theres no way around it..I've seen guys that do this acrobatic thing to get the weight up but I aint gonna try it and hurt my shoulder

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slob
    what a sad case she is.
    i'd rather drop a heavy weight-especially a dumbell rather than injure myself trying to place it down so I don't offend anyone's dainty ears.
    werd

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    werd

Werd+1

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    ya theres no way around it..I've seen guys that do this acrobatic thing to get the weight up but I aint gonna try it and hurt my shoulder
    yeah on flat it's alot harder than on incline to get them back up.....when i go heavy i just drop them now.....but you can like swing your legs up and then lower the weights onto them which pulls your whole body up

Schwarz is offline Member
    The scene: I am on the Stairmaster one day having an invigorating workout and mentally organizing things I have to do for the day when, all of a sudden, I hear a loud bang and am interrupted. I look over, and see a grinning ape in the process of proving his masculinity to the world. I give him a deadly glare hoping to signal to him that he is not impressing anyone; especially not me.
    Ok at this point I would have gone over and fvcked her in the pooper and then bit*h slapped her.

Ok someone get this b*tch a date with Har Mar Superstar....I bet she's the first to go out with some uptight superficial really good looking guy. what a hypocritical bitch!!!

In short this was written by one very frustrated and overweight DYKE!! Bro get her on here so we can set her straight!!!

S

perhaps your avatar should go visit her and knock her around a bit

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I think it's good if you can get the weight up urself. It takes strength pick up th weight from the rack and get it into position. Unless I'm doing super heavy (120-130+lb db) I always do it myself. I also find I get a better grip on the db than if someone passes them to me.

I just do what Jay cutler does on his video and put the db on the end of his thighs and then uses his legs to get the weight into position.

Thanks
    S

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    perhaps your avatar should go visit her and knock her around a bit
    He's already on his way!

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    If you don't like the iron-stay the f**k out biatch!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    sounds like a real stuck up bitch. Shes craving some bodybuilding dick but cant get it, probably because shes fat and eating m&m's while on the stairmaster

People like that anoy me. I hate whiny morons. She probably doesnt have a clue about what its like to deadlift.

Brazil is offline Member
    maybe she jsut doesnt achieve orgasm so she is in a pissed off mood. today i was grunting when doing leg machine with 340 kilos for 8 reps i have to immediatly sit down after i maybe ill fall... also when doing in curls with dumbells and cant make last rep after strainin like a mofo i drop em....

chest6 is offline Banned
    yeah on flat it's alot harder than on incline to get them back up.....when i go heavy i just drop them now.....but you can like swing your legs up and then lower the weights onto them which pulls your whole body up
    Yep, I've done it before but almost got hurt a few times

I hear a loud bang and am interrupted. I look over, and see a grinning ape in the process of proving his masculinity to the world. I give him a deadly glare hoping to signal to him that he is not impressing anyone; especially not me. This continues each time he fails and each time I look over to express my annoyance.
    this retard thinks he's failing when he's actually just deadlifting.....what an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by LX-1
    The receptionist from my gym came up and asked me to set the weights down with more care on Sunday during my flat DB!

chest6 is offline Banned
    this retard thinks he's failing when he's actually just deadlifting.....what an idiot
    muhahaha I like how she goes through her day as shes on the stairmaster..I dont lift to impress girls anyway. Whenever a girl asks if she can workout w/ me i usually do this

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    in that case, fvck her, she's an idiot that needs to either live with people being passionate about working out or go somewhere else.....yelling, encouraging, and the occasional grunt are necessary in my opinion.......we have a solution to this at Mizzou.....they built a "quiet room" for idiots that want it quiet.....but mainly girls just go in there.....and the occasional idiot guy that wants to make himself look good for the girls i guess..........here's what i'd tell this chick "Suck me, Suck me, eat me raw!!" courtesy of WASP.
    Then be like "oooohhh harder faster, ya thats what i....."

I love that band

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    shes probably some obese fat ugly hairy bitchy whore, and she wants to bang all 4 of ye and she cant coz u probably dissed her so thats her way of payback. i say gangbang her use holes she didnt knew existed...damn stupid whore i hate idiots like that... pissed me off gaddamit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information