Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lil'Taylor is offline Tied up by WEBB

Procrastinating... HELP!

I am the worst studier in this word... as you can see, I'm procrastinating on the forum... AGAIN!

What do you guys do to help you stay focused and study??

Sometimes i go to the gym and do cardio while i study cause then i feel like i'm multitasking or something..

help.. i'm the worst..

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    procrastinating...i've been doing that too alot lately.....just gotta make a decision to do it....it's the only way....i study when i do cardio too sometimes....i find it's pretty good

lil'Taylor is offline Tied up by WEBB
    hey ruhl, yea.. sucking it up would probably help eh..

btw... he did call.. but not until 3am... lil' bugger

at least he did though right?

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by lil'Taylor
    I am the worst studier in this word... as you can see, I'm procrastinating on the forum... AGAIN!

Sometimes i go to the gym and do cardio while i study cause then i feel like i'm multitasking or something..

help.. i'm the worst..
    lol, so the idea of this thread is to make yourself feel better about playing on AR when you should be studying, i.e.
    "Yeah, I'm on AR again but this time it's for study advice!"

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Here, I'll help.

Log out, and study.

ps.
    We'll miss you. Let us know after the test how everything went.

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    ya i do it all the time i always wait till sunday to start writing my papers that are due the next day.but thats just how i do it

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    if I enjoy the class I am taking I dont need to force myself to study. I enjoy it. Fortunaly I enjoy all classes that I know will be usefull to me in the future.

If its a boring class I dont put any effort into it anyway so then I dont study.

i hate studying as well

my room mate takes aderol for prescription, im not into taking rec drugs, but the past two semesters i pop a couple of these during finals week and i can focus much more and study much longer

i'm not suggesting you do this, im just stating that this is what keeps me sane during finals week

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    procrastinating is like masterbating...your only fvcking urself!

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by lil'Taylor

help.. i'm the worst..

imo it helps to think about the goal you are working towards. but i sound like a hypocrit right now cause im a procrastinator too

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    if I enjoy the class I am taking I dont need to force myself to study. I enjoy it. Fortunaly I enjoy all classes that I know will be usefull to me in the future.

If its a boring class I dont put any effort into it anyway so then I dont study.

hey bro, have you taken second semester e&m yet? im pretty sure i have to take it eventually and im not looking forward to it

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    get ur ass to the library... no distractions. hopefully its a ways from your house so once you drive all the way there you've got reason to stay. sit there until you get done what needs to be done. its helped me.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    i have focus issues.. so i can't commment.. but u have to take away that what is taking away your attenion from waht you gotta do

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    i have focus issues.. so i can't commment.. but u have to take away that what is taking away your attenion from waht you gotta do

my biggest distraction is AR

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    my biggest distraction is AR
    I get distracted so easily.. it's not even funny

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    I get distracted so easily.. it's not even funny

yea im the same way. its kinda bad. hell, im procrastinating right now. i should be studying physics and watching these dumb movies for my film class. i got a paper i need to write too.

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    hey bro, have you taken second semester e&m yet? im pretty sure i have to take it eventually and im not looking forward to it

are you in physics or engineering program??

Mizfit is offline Banned
    yea im the same way. its kinda bad. hell, im procrastinating right now. i should be studying physics and watching these dumb movies for my film class. i got a paper i need to write too.
    not me i'm done school and think im not going out for the nite.. too much effort..

Nah Il take that one next year I think. Now before summer I have solid state physics and thermal physics.

Im looking forward to electrodynamics acctualy. I like electromagnetism my first class in e&m wasnt that good though. We had so much stress with linear algebra and quantum physics at the same time that I didnt have time to focus. So I didnt learn it as well as I wanted to

Nah Il take that one next year I think. Now before summer I have solid state physics and thermal physics.

Im looking forward to electrodynamics acctualy. I like electromagnetism my first class in e&m wasnt that good though. We had so much stress with linear algebra and quantum physics at the same time that I didnt have time to focus. So I didnt learn it as well as I wanted to

bro, you took e&m at the same time as quantum mechanics? damn, thats quite a schedule. i like e&m, its very mathematical. i really didn't like thermodynamics though... especially doing those damn maxwell-boltzman distribution of molecular speeds. that equation is uglier than the schrodinger equation.

not full out quantum mechanics. We had a class called quantum physics that had quantum mechanics, nuclear/particle physics and molecular physics crammed into it. Just skimming it and giving a overview but not realy getting down into it.

But it was a VERY harsh period. Shit I was studying all day and still didnt have time for everytime. I was totaly burned out after those examns, shit took me weeks to get back on track again.

ive noticed that what really makes a class hard is the teacher you got for it. i thought differential equations was easy as hell... except laplace transformations are weird. it was easy cause my teacher wasn't trying to screw us over with impossibly hard tests.

not full out quantum mechanics. We had a class called quantum physics that had quantum mechanics, nuclear/particle physics and molecular physics crammed into it. Just skimming it and giving a overview but not realy getting down into it.

But it was a VERY harsh period. Shit I was studying all day and still didnt have time for everytime. I was totaly burned out after those examns, shit took me weeks to get back on track again.

yea i bet bro. thats very impressive

at my current uni the biggest problem is budget cut downs. There are so few physics students so the classes dont get funded properly.
    Electromagnetics for instance had been cut down 6 2 hour lectures but we where still supposed to learn the same and the lectures was the only thing we had. For problem solving we where on our own.No toutor(how the hell its spelled) time at all.

Our professor had to stress his ass of to be able to go through all the stuff on the limited time he had. And we hadnt had any real vector calculus before the electromagnetics so we had to self learn that at the same time. Was ****ing harsh.

at my current uni the biggest problem is budget cut downs. There are so few physics students so the classes dont get funded properly.
    Electromagnetics for instance had been cut down 6 2 hour lectures but we where still supposed to learn the same and the lectures was the only thing we had. For problem solving we where on our own.No toutor(how the hell its spelled) time at all.

Our professor had to stress his ass of to be able to go through all the stuff on the limited time he had. And we hadnt had any real vector calculus before the electromagnetics so we had to self learn that at the same time. Was ****ing harsh.

thats no good bro. let me get this straight though. are you saying that the entire semesters worth of material was crammed into 6 class sessions?

thats no good bro. let me get this straight though. are you saying that the entire semesters worth of material was crammed into 6 class sessions?

no no. We had I think 14 or 15 2 hour lectures. But there was supposed to be 20 or 21 lectures.

There are only 8 second year physics students right now at my university. Only 6 first year and like 5 third year and this at a university with 25 000 students.

no no. We had I think 14 or 15 2 hour lectures. But there was supposed to be 20 or 21 lectures.

There are only 8 second year physics students right now at my university. Only 6 first year and like 5 third year and this at a university with 25 000 students.

yea, there seems to be this trend for people to get easier degrees in business and not science/math. imo why get a degree if its not gonna get you anywhere? but at least that means guys like you and me got an advantage. we are much more likely to get a job than a communications major

btw bro, are you majoring in straight physics? or are you going for engineering or something similar?

that is for sure. Soon alot of physicist are going to retire so it will be a golden time Hopefully its the same all over in europe.

Good for us individualy but sux for the science overall.

btw bro, are you majoring in straight physics? or are you going for engineering or something similar?

straight physics all the way Im gunning for a phd in astrophysics

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    yea, there seems to be this trend for people to get easier degrees in business and not science/math. imo why get a degree if its not gonna get you anywhere? but at least that means guys like you and me got an advantage. we are much more likely to get a job than a communications major
    hey what kind of job do you hope to get with a physics degree ??

Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt

Im aiming for a research position at some university or research institute. Nothing else is even a option to me.

Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt

im going for mechanical engineering actually

straight physics all the way Im gunning for a phd in astrophysics

damn bro, you're ambitious.... and very intelligent too. youl probably make some big discovery and get a fundamental constant named after you or something

damn bro, you're ambitious.... and very intelligent too. youl probably make some big discovery and get a fundamental constant named after you or something
    i will have a propulsion system named after me one day

that is for sure. Soon alot of physicist are going to retire so it will be a golden time Hopefully its the same all over in europe.

Good for us individualy but sux for the science overall.

yea i know. im sure that our understanding of physics will continue to evolve though. imo we need to put more research into stem cell research though. there is so much potential there. it sucks how all these damn closeminded religious people are so against it though

Lets hope I am intelligent enough

seriously physics, especialy astronomy/astrophysics, is the love of my life. When I was 8 years old my sister gave a astronomy book as a christmas gift and since that day my mind has been set on astronomy. There is just nothing else I can even imagine working with. If I dont get to work in the astrophysics community I will consider my life a waste. So Im willing to do anything and everything to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    i will have a propulsion system named after me one day

you designing jet engines or something?

yea i know. im sure that our understanding of physics will continue to evolve though. imo we need to put more research into stem cell research though. there is so much potential there. it sucks how all these damn closeminded religious people are so against it though
    Good for europe because we dont have those closeminded people over here

But I agree. Steem cell and nanotech. Money should be pumped into those 2 areas like nothing else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information