Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member

what are/did you study in college/university?

and what are you doing iwth it?

or

what do you plan to do with it?

perssonally im in physics and i wanna be the biggest damn physicist ever!

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    im in the microsoft network engineering program at a small tech school in tampa. not sure what im gonna do when i grad.

"England" is offline New Member
    I went to University..... Major was Analytical Chemistry and the minor was BioChemistry!

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Major is Psycology

Would like to maybe be a therapist...if I cant play rugby overseas

I might like to change my major though...something to do with Bio/chem or cosmology...

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    i go to the jr college here in town and majoring in criminal law,and minor in physcale therpy

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    Major is Psycology

Would like to maybe be a therapist...if I cant play rugby overseas

I might like to change my major though...something to do with Bio/chem or cosmology...
    u know i wouldve picekd astronomy but the thing is i dont wanna make those late night observations using a crappy telescope. My university doesnt fund the astronomy department too well, so that is why. Also i prefer the theoretical rather than the practical

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    I went to the "UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Majored in business administration/entrepreneurship

Working on my MBA as we speak.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I studied Business Administration (finance) with concentration on Investments in California. I was always have been a C student even when I studied hard. Although I worked very well with people and dressed really professional. I had many students that graduated with me that were straight up A students in the University. I told myself that school was only good for people that could remember things and not the same as the real world. Three years have now passed and these students make an hourly wage about $60,000 a year and they think their making big bucks working for a big company. Not knowing that I the C student now has his own business work my own hours although its about 10 a day and make way over 6 digits a year. Just do what you love and work hard, be diciplined, focused and have goals.
    Last edited by firmechicano831; 03-19-2006 at 11:58 PM.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831
    I studied Business Administration (finance) with concentration on Investments in California. I was always a C student even when I studied hard. Although I worked very well with people and dressed really professional. I had many students that graduated with me that were straight up A students in the University. I told myself that school was only good for people that could remember things and not the same as the real world. Three years have now passed and these students make an hourly wage about $60,000 a year and they think their making big bucks working for a big company. Not knowing that I the C student now has his own business work my own hours although its about 10 a day and make over 6 digits a year. Just do what you love and work hard, be diciplined, focused and have goals.
    What kind of business do you have?

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Health Sciences ----> Dentist

The Shredder is offline Associate Member
    Communications------> In the process of becoming a Firefighter

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    major-literature
    minor-writing

law school starts this fall.

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Economics

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt
    and what are you doing iwth it?

or

what do you plan to do with it?

perssonally im in physics and i wanna be the biggest damn physicist ever!

im currently studying physics, but i want to major in mechanical engineering

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    getting a masters in physics. After that I want to get a Phd in astrophysics. Not sure what area of astrophysics there is just so many exciting things happening in astrophysics/cosmology that its unbelivable. I predict the coming 10-20 years will be the golden age of astrophysics.
    My other career path could possibly be nuclear propulsion if ESA starts putting money into it.

We seem to have a fair ammount of academics on this board So much for the stupid meathead stereotype.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    getting a masters in physics. After that I want to get a Phd in astrophysics. Not sure what area of astrophysics there is just so many exciting things happening in astrophysics/cosmology that its unbelivable. I predict the coming 10-20 years will be the golden age of astrophysics.
    My other career path could possibly be nuclear propulsion if ESA starts putting money into it.

We seem to have a fair ammount of academics on this board So much for the stupid meathead stereotype.
    dude that's what i want to do to, i've had a dream of creating a faster than light propulsion system for spacecraft since i was like six......after my engineering degree i'll go on and get a masters in either astronautical engineering or astrophysics (granted that you can of course)

Mizfit is offline Banned
    history and english in university
    creative advertising in college
    Last edited by Mizfit; 03-20-2006 at 06:42 AM.

physiology here, in my first year of 3! b!tch work, crappy chemistry as well, total ass!

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    BA-classics (ancient Greek and Latin)
    MA-Theology
    MDiv-Theology

yah, it's cool know Greek/Latin, but you can't do shlt with it. If I could go back and do it different I would.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    dude that's what i want to do to, i've had a dream of creating a faster than light propulsion system for spacecraft since i was like six......after my engineering degree i'll go on and get a masters in either astronautical engineering or astrophysics (granted that you can of course)

you should look into Heim theory. Its a promising unification theory that is getting more and more attention now that string theory is starting to go out of style(about time imo, string is maths not physics anyway). The most exciting and falsifiable effect of heim theory is that in strong enough magnetic fields(around 25 tesla) the em field and gravitational field should couple into one force so you could create a antigravity drive that way. Even stronger magnetic fields can allow FTL in that theory. Heim just continuted einsteins work and tried to explain the electorweak and strong force with space time curvature(but in higher dimensions than the regular 4).

When I have taken differential geometry and genera relativity Im gonna be on heim theory like flies on shit.

Going from a engineering degree to astrophysics might be a bit tricky I guess. Atleast it would be in sweden.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    heim theory.....i'm definately looking into that

littlemantc is offline Associate Member
    Funeral service..im a mortician

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    Electrical engineering in college. Been a software tester for about 3 years. Just quit my job to daytrade/surf/ride motocross in San Diego for a couple months and enjoy more to life.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Technology institute--------> Instrument Mechanic... Building gasplants and Refineries... semi-retired.

turfgrass science with a minor is soil chemistry and another one in biology...i think im dropping the bio minor tho

im either going to run a golfcourse or an athletic field
    god knows heinz field could use a better turfgrass scientist

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Working towards my Ba/s at University.

Major Criminology
    Minor Computer science

I'm thinking about taking some time off, and getting a diploma from a college, then going back, and finishing up my BA.

Don't know what I'm going to do.

I wanted to be a pilot, but my vision is too weak for that. And with the travel industry right now, there is no demand for it.

I'd also like to go into education. I'd like to be a automechanic shop teacher... but there is no demand for that either... plus I really don't enjoy school, and it would be another five years for me to get that degree.

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    major is psychology
    dont know what i want to do w/ it

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    sorry it took me a while to respond. I now have a real estate business and concentrate alot of buying new and older homes and flipping them. I have my commecial license as well and buy investment properties in areas that are just growing.

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    criminal justice

IronAdonis is offline Associate Member
    Pharmacy

thats impressive

i actually wanted to gp into solid state physics... a field that is often overlooked and something that i would relaly enjoy (plus theres few people less competition and more chances on making new discoveries)

i first wanted to go into particle physics.. but i ahve read that at these particel accelerators u ahve literally 300 people and i d be just anotehr guy, and i dont want to be that.

but astrophysics does turn me on, i'd really like to explain to the unbelievers why the big bang is real and all.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    amen...I call everyone else "normies" j/k

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    psychology is the shit. i decided thats what i wanted to do with my life the same day i decided everyone is outta their fvcking mind (except everyone on AR of course). i majored in chemistry at one point but i had a strange temptation to keep doing illegal things with it...

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    im undecided as of now but i think i want to major in physical education and be a gym teacher or something along that area, then i could be a wrestling coach also

Chookster is offline Associate Member
    beer and female genitaila, guess thats why i didnt graduate

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i went to school for eight years, 4 years undergrad, got a bio degree never used it one day in my life

than went another 4 years to school to become a physician, i look back and it was a nightmare, i would never do it again, i found out i liketo run a bussiness more than i like playing doctor. i would be happier running any sucessful bussiness and i plan to be doing something completely different in ten years and work with my families bussiness(small company that does some international sales) college is a great learning experience, but it guarantees you nothing, a degree is great to fall back on but to make it big ,all you need is a good idea, alot of drive, and some funding to start it out .just my $o.o2. it depends on what you want. you have to find out who you are before you can travel down the road you want.
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 03-20-2006 at 09:06 PM.

i think either choice will suit you fine my friend!

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    ive also got an AS in female anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    ive also got an AS in female anatomy
    hahaha!
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 03-20-2006 at 09:13 PM.

on another note college is a great way of not actualy having to enter the real work world rt out of highschool.unergrad is a great place to learn about your self and what you may or may not want to do in life. if you have the money and the time, hit it up. i dont recomend walking into college without a goal at all, all my friends who did this ended up with carrers they hate because they didnt plan ahead. have a few possible ideas before you get in and decide before the end of your first year,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information