Thread: GMC Envoy

kman is offline Anabolic Member

GMC Envoy

My girl wants to lease a new car, so we went car shopping today. No offense to any car salesman, but most of them are lying scumbags. One dealership wanted 590 for an 06 Envoy... We basically went 5 miles down the road and got this deal.
    06 GMC Envoy SLT MSRP 36,000... With all the standard stuff, plus:
    -heated leater seats
    -dvd player in back
    - 1 year onstar free
    -1 year xm radio free
    - dual radio headphones in the back seats
    390 a month with 2 g's down with 15k miles per year, for 39 months. IMO it might be a good deal, but maybe some car experts here could help out!! Also I am not a fan of SUV'S, And thought going in that it would suck, but it handled nicely for a chick, and I heard it is great in the snow. It was def. better than the Jeep cherokee Larado we saw early that day.. Anyone??????????

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    590 a month for an envoy?!?!?!

Hahahaha HOLY SHIT!!! Dude you should be able to lease an 80000 car for that price.

390 isn't terrible, but i'd keep looking around.

And envoys are great cars, everyone i know that own one loves em. Reliable, good looking, and spacious. If i were to get a small suv i'd get an envoy or trailblazer, which are pretty much the same thing.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    My family has had about 3 dif. envoys over the years. My dad gets a new car like 3-4 times per year. They are great, and yes great in the snow, I like the fact that you can change between 2 and 4wd at the switch of a button for show. Great ride.

Quote Originally Posted by LB55blitz
    590 a month for an envoy?!?!?!

Hahahaha HOLY SHIT!!! Dude you should be able to lease an 80000 car for that price.

390 isn't terrible, but i'd keep looking around.

And envoys are great cars, everyone i know that own one loves em. Reliable, good looking, and spacious. If i were to get a small suv i'd get an envoy or trailblazer, which are pretty much the same thing.
    Yea heard great things too, I told her to keep looking for a better price, but she wants to go first thing monday morning to get it. Woman!!

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kman
    Yea heard great things too, I told her to keep looking for a better price, but she wants to go first thing monday morning to get it. Woman!!
    I'm sure you can get a better deal on it. Otherwise keep looking. You should be able to pick one up for less.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I can lease a brand new Jaguar for $329/month!

What do you think I'd choose?

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I can lease a brand new Jaguar for $329/month!

What do you think I'd choose?

~SC~
    Jaguar in the snow here in NY, might be rough. She needs a SUV to get to work in the snow.We just got back from 2 other dealerships and they gave us prices around 425 and said they could not match the 390, so looks like she might get it. Yo swole what kind of jag is that?

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Just get an all-wheel drive Subaroo WRX. Better fuel economy. $590 sounds like a buying price.

my parents have an envoy, great in the snow, decent power, and great handeling...you'd be surprised on the turning radius with those thing

i personally wouldnt buy an SUV, but if i was going to, an Envoy would definatly be at the top of the considering list

Quote Originally Posted by GunTotingHipGangster
    my parents have an envoy, great in the snow, decent power, and great handeling...you'd be surprised on the turning radius with those thing

i personally wouldnt buy an SUV, but if i was going to, an Envoy would definatly be at the top of the considering list
    thanx, good 2 know

my bro just bought a gmc denali, i wouldnt say they have great handling in snow when its snowing at the time, you get pulled from side to side, but other then that there fine, buy 2nd hand, thats always a good choice, good power to its a 6 liter

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have a trailblazer (chevy's evnoy) and please keep your girl alway from that truck, buy her a toyota!!!! Mine is all equiped, only thing missing is the leather seating, I have everything from heated seat, roof, bose sounds, adjutable suspension, etc. ect..

seriously, if you like filling your tank twice a week, and do 23L per 100km, then go ahead!

good ride, very comfy, I like mine

I burnt a G35 coupe last week, it is quite powerfull and if you know how to drive, you can have a lil sport car in your hand.

Chookster is offline Associate Member
    just bear in mind a true lease can be tricky business. there are leases and balloons. a lease is not titled in your name, it will have the leasing company listed on the title, which can present a problem if you want out early. also a with a lease you may have to pay a personal property tax on the vehicle. the most important thing is to make sure 15k a year is enough miles for her. most leases charge .10-.20 cents per mile, a disposal fee, and any charges for excess wear and tear.

a balloon on the other hand has the advantages of a lease, you only finance a portion of the total price like a lease. but its titled in her name, no property tax, and she can sell or trade at the end of the term. find out if they offer a balloon, if you are buying from a gmac dealer the offer both, "smartbuy(ballon) and smartlease (lease)" a good manager will structure the right deal for you. if you have any questions pm me. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    I have a trailblazer (chevy's evnoy) and please keep your girl alway from that truck, buy her a toyota!!!! Mine is all equiped, only thing missing is the leather seating, I have everything from heated seat, roof, bose sounds, adjutable suspension, etc. ect..

seriously, if you like filling your tank twice a week, and do 23L per 100km, then go ahead!

good ride, very comfy, I like mine

I burnt a G35 coupe last week, it is quite powerfull and if you know how to drive, you can have a lil sport car in your hand.
    Thanks, so basically with out the gas guzzling it is a pretty good SUV? She can expense gas through her bussiness so it should not be a problem, oh and that G35 is pretty hot!!

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kman
    Thanks, so basically with out the gas guzzling it is a pretty good SUV? She can expense gas through her bussiness so it should not be a problem, oh and that G35 is pretty hot!!

Oh yeah, I love mine no doubts.

for the gas, well depends where you from, if you are in the south and see no snow, go with the 2wd, instead of 4x4/AWD package. I am able to manage a good mileage on a tank because I dont drive fast anymore and I push very slowly on the pedal too. But, if you wanna push the pedal hard, you will see the gauge go toward E pretty fast.

Also if you have the AWD system, I must tell you it is not a true AWD such as subaru or Audi, but more for an off road use.

Thread Information