Wrath is offline Associate Member

Arrange Marraige

Would you guys do it??

I would normally say hell naw...but I have an interesting story. My dad knows alot of people and somehow met the wife to a very wealthy politician oveseas. Nice lady...and I have had the opportunity to meet her and talk with her when she would come to DC. Well she has a daughter and has been trying to marry her off before his terms is done next may of '07. My parents have been really pushing me to go to london and see her and call her all the time hit over the head with my cosmic game. I didn't take the mom seriously but then the mom started calling me sometimes!

I went to london, amsterdam and spain last week for spring break and met up with the daughter as she in grad school in london. She went to college about an hour outside of london, is 21 and is actually getting ready to finish her masters this year. Took her out to jazzy ass restaurant...hit up some clubs in that piccadilly/oxford circus area of london(i think that was teh area)....good time but I wasn't really feeling her. She is nice, and I am pretty sure she knows the deal, and that her moms is trying to wed her off. Never came out and said it though.

Her father/family is very wealthy and her dads net worth is estimated to be more than 200 million. Her dad bought her a beach house in valencia spain, she drives one of them cheaper bentleys, the continental (felt like a pimp riding around in that thing), and like i said she just turned 21. Since her father is a womanizer and has many 'wives'/children, they all kinda battle for wealth and huge gov't contracts and one way for her to secure her future is and jockey harder for position is to be married. She is one of the oldest so she is pretty good in that regard. But she would get broke off with crazy expensive/insane gifts from so many corporations if she had a huge wedding while he was still in office.

Knowing all this ...would you still go for it, or not? The moms offered me a ticket to come back to London, and the daughter is coming to Houston in June.
    Last edited by Wrath; 04-02-2006 at 02:13 AM.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    i personally wouldn't do it

but i have an indian friend who went to india and got married about 2 month's a go . and he's all for it i think she comes over here in another month.

what i'am saying is it's your choice nobody else can make this decision but you
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    a great man once said,

" In life, you'll eithier get a giv'er or a Tak'er, get a giver and your life will be bliss, a Taker and your life will be miserable "

what i'm saying, is get to know her better, and if her personality is right - go for it.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    btw, it was NotSmall who said that

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    btw, it was NotSmall who said that

no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    A friend of mine is a devout Muslim (a good one) and he had an arranged marriage, he only saw her once when his parents took him to her parents house for coffee. She served the coffee and thats the only time he saw her before the wedding day. They have been happily married for 10 years. BUT I would not ever risk that, I have fvcked up twice already when I knew both of them quite well before I married. Dont do it for greed, do it for love.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    MARRY HER! invite me to the wedding,so a can meet one of her sisters.

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    dude there is no such thing as "marrying for love" screw that, eventually the love dies, she starts cheating etc etc u get a divorce, so my point is this chick is 21, shes rich, shes probably hot too, marry her and u probably wont have to work another day in ur life lol. im 110% serious MARRY HER!!!!!!!!!

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny
    MARRY HER! invite me to the wedding,so a can meet one of her sisters.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Why would you get married at 21? ppl are going to change so much in the next couple years...get to know her for a FEW years...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I would not do it. Sounds like it will bring more troubble than good.

who cares if ppl change over the years, the important thing is to get the cash, its all about the green. EVERYTHING is about the green, lets say u have a wife/gf and she loves u LOADS, and someone offers her 100million to leave you, omfg i would leave ANYONE for that kind of money and so would any girl thats smart enough do. my point is that no relationship holds for ever, there is no such thing as eternal love, everyone will realise it eventually, just marry this chick for the money bro, believe me in the long run it will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    who cares if ppl change over the years, the important thing is to get the cash, its all about the green. EVERYTHING is about the green, lets say u have a wife/gf and she loves u LOADS, and someone offers her 100million to leave you, omfg i would leave ANYONE for that kind of money and so would any girl thats smart enough do. my point is that no relationship holds for ever, there is no such thing as eternal love, everyone will realise it eventually, just marry this chick for the money bro, believe me in the long run it will be worth it.
    damn that is a depressing way of looking at life. There is much more to life than just cash. Cash is replaceable a good girl is not.

I would not leave my girl for 100 million. I have no need for that much money I am happy without it

I dont think he will se much cash from the marridge anyway. Probably some kind of marrige prenup.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    damn that is a depressing way of looking at life. There is much more to life than just cash. Cash is replaceable a good girl is not.

I would not leave my girl for 100 million. I have no need for that much money I am happy without it
    it may be depressing, but thats the truth, there is no such thing as eternal love. NO girl could replace 100million, with 100million i can have all the girls i need and more. ppl always say "money wont make u happier etc etc" but as they say, ill rather cry in my ferrari than in my volvo.

I dont think he will se much cash from the marridge anyway. Probably some kind of marrige prenup.
    hmm i thought you got half the stuff when u divorced

I agree...if I find a good girl Im gonna hold on to her for dear life whether she likes it or not

yeah but i mean, lets say u find a "good" girl and you guys are together and stuff, then suddenly she breaks up with u, u go around beeing sad for some time, after a year or so u find another "good" girl u think the same way and then its the same story all over again. my point is "good" girls come along all the time. So why not get rich then hook up with a "good" girl?

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    So there will be a divorce in 2 years so what..
    u have to ask her parents "what u get out of the deal...."
    and if its worth your while do it.

Sacrifice 2 years to be in a better off position later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooks

atlast someone who understands me

Wouldn't get paid that way....but in gov't contracts. He gave 2 of his son-in-laws cushy contracts to help with the power grid issue, even though they have no knowledge of Power or electricity. Not saying they are the minister of Power and steel, but all they do is travel to bulgaria, secure these huge transformers and ship them back, and get an astounding commission! I think one is using his status to try to wiesel his way into medical school in the US even though my dad told me he was horrible student at the college level.

My dad has wanted to enter the political realm, and tried unsucessfully in the late nineties. He would be good to go if I was this guys son-in-law. My mom has been wanting a gov't contract to try to market a small division of any large drug company there for years as well. One time when I spoke to her mom and she even hinted that I wouldn't have to stay married.

Thats kinda of teh reason I brought this up....I had a convo with my ex girl...and she was shocked that I was able to view marriage like this, something that is purely business and both parties leave after 3 years or so. I think it was mostly cause she knew there was period we thought about marriage, but I told her scenario are completely different. I don't even consider it marriage, but just a business deal. She thought I was jsut saying that to make myself feel better, and that it is still a commitment, and I have taken her for better or worse etc. I kept trying to explain that I think it is wrong if one party thinks its for real, and the otehr is misleading them...but if both are doing it for business and monetary gain it is somethign different, but by default we call it marriage, hence it just sounds dirty... 'getting marrried for money'.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooks

exactly!! I got pics of us kicking it in her bentley...check me out on facebook later!!

Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    yeah but i mean, lets say u find a "good" girl and you guys are together and stuff, then suddenly she breaks up with u, u go around beeing sad for some time, after a year or so u find another "good" girl u think the same way and then its the same story all over again. my point is "good" girls come along all the time. So why not get rich then hook up with a "good" girl?
    There is plenty of people that has been togheter for 50+ years happily. I would not waste 3 years in a marrige just for financial gain. But that is just me. I dont put much importance to money anyway so I have a wierd view

There is plenty of people that has been togheter for 50+ years happily. I would not waste 3 years in a marrige just for financial gain. But that is just me. I dont put much importance to money anyway so I have a wierd view
    yeah but there has been atleast 10 times more ppl that break up after some time. My parents for example have been married for 30+ years, they do love eachother but they have grown apart. I think it has to do more with just getting used to eachothers company after 30 or 50 years of marriage than it has to do with love.

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    do it

SOmeone needs to arrange a marriage for me I vote johan find my future lady...mmm swedish blonde that loves to................................................ ........................

................and_______and______and________

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    do you care what his name is?

Hard Head is offline Member
    Are you for real? The only thing you have to worry about is making sure that there is a stipulated sum payable to you in the event of divorce. That sum needs to be dependant upon how many years you have been married so you get some decent escalations. Damn son, jump on that shit if she is nice looking and pleasant to be around. You don't have to love her day 1 but you do gotta love the money. Repeat after me "set for life, set for life, set for life.........."

pattymac931 is offline Junior Member
    hahahahhahaha wha about the whole married bc u love her thing? lol

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    I can't ****ing believe this, but when I finally fall for someone and want to settle down with her there has to be a barrier. Don't really know how to handle this as me intervening and induce possible force will make things even worse.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    hey Sage im confused ...

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    Honestly in the situation that I am I think I would probably do it

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    Blast from the past

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    I can't ****ing believe this, but when I finally fall for someone and want to settle down with her there has to be a barrier. Don't really know how to handle this as me intervening and induce possible force will make things even worse.
    Are you really bumping threads from 2006 ? Lame

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    flash back to 2006

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    A friend of mine is a devout Muslim (a good one) and he had an arranged marriage, he only saw her once when his parents took him to her parents house for coffee. She served the coffee and thats the only time he saw her before the wedding day. They have been happily married for 10 years. BUT I would not ever risk that, I have fvcked up twice already when I knew both of them quite well before I married. Dont do it for greed, do it for love.
    With my track record......I'd have better odds of meeting the right girl that way.

My brother married a random girl.

He's in the military and was contracted to do out of state training.

By marring a girl, who was a friend (just a paper wedding) he makes an extra 2k a month for family severance pay, she gets a great benefits package/health care.

To me, who cares? Just for me cause I'm atheist and to me marriage is just a piece of paper. If that piece of paper makes you money, or gets you further in life, why not?

Dctibor is offline New Member
    Did he do it?

Thread Information