MAJOR25 is offline Member

Another Question about Diabetes?

Hello everybody: This is me again asking about diabetes stuff. I took my dad early this week to get checked if he was diabetic. I am sure you guys remember. anyways. Now my other questions is there any programs to help in medicine etc. My dad is selfemployed so he doesn't have insurance, and Medicine and Visits to the doc are expensive w/out insurance. if you guys know any websites or 1-800 #'s where the medicine is cheaper then please help me out. thanks guys.
    Last edited by MAJOR25; 05-19-2006 at 07:35 AM.

bazerk is offline Associate Member
    From personal experiance go to your local hospital. They hold meetings (kinda like AA) for diabetics. They might cost like 20 bucks for classes that run a few weeks. It will give your dad and yourself alot of knowledge about the disease. Also, you might want to check your local clinic for help. My wife works in one and the fees they charge are low, basically they are based on you dad's income. A sliding fee is what they call it. If the prescriptions are to high you should search the internet for pharmacies that might have lower prices compared to big pharmacy/supermarket chains.

Thread Information