Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am obese!.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Ever check out the charts of heights and weights, they are ridiculous.

I am 5 feet 10 and 180 pounds yet on the chart i still score has moderate obese, i would have to weight in between 140 and 160 pounds to be in my healthy weight range.

Has for you being 260 i can only imagine, the problem is that the weight is looked at in a whole and not has bodyfat %

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    I'm pretty sure that doctors are the dumbest breed of people with the highest education. They may know something about the medical field, but in regards to the health and "everything else that has to do with life", they suck.

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    No, I'm retiring after 21yrs service in December. But I thought it was hilarious. I tried to explain that even if I managed to lose the size, that as soon as I lift a weight again it goes up very quickly. Thankfully I'm not a hardgainer, I pack on the weight very quickly when I lift.

His reply!... "Stop lifting weights", lol.
    I wouldn;t worry about it. By those standards, Jay Cutler and Ronnie are morbidly obese too.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMA5
    I wouldn;t worry about it. By those standards, Jay Cutler and Ronnie are morbidly obese too.
    technically, by the BMI scale... i am "hyper obese"
    6'0 225 baby. I'll have 3 big macs and 2 supersize fries!

Logan13 is offline Banned

not possible

Yup. According to the army medical corp (Irish army) I'm obese.

It doesn't matter that I pass my annual fitness test (its the same one the US military uses), doesn't matter that I pass my BMI (using the calipers) but at 260lbs and at the last measurement (just before christmas) I was 17% BF I'm considered OBESE!.

The Doc told me to drop below 200lbs, lol..

A question for the big guys here. Have you ever tried to lose muscle size?

I tried explaining the difficulties of this to the doctor, but it was lost on him.

Oh yea, I also pointed out that I represent my command on the army Judo team too!.

Yup, I'm a fat bastard!.
    What is your BMI. I am 5'6"/185 lbs./8.1% BF, but my BMI is over 30 which is also considered obese. BMI means nothing to a bodybuilder, just go by BF%. There is no way that you would need to drop to below 200 lbs, that's just nuts. At 260lbs. with 17% BF you have just over 44 lbs of bodyfat. This means that if you could drop to 216lbs you would theoretically have 0% BF. Where did he say that you needed to be at to pass? I thought that the US army standards of fitness called 20%+ BF on men obese..........

Logan13 is offline Banned

bmi

Taken from my Wife's medical book:

BMI is a reliable indicator of total body fat, which is related to the risk of disease and death. The score is valid for both men and women but it does have some limits. The limits are:

- It may overestimate body fat in athletes and others who have a muscular build.
    - It may underestimate body fat in older persons and others who have lost muscle mass.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Yup. According to the army medical corp (Irish army) I'm obese.

It doesn't matter that I pass my annual fitness test (its the same one the US military uses), doesn't matter that I pass my BMI (using the calipers) but at 260lbs and at the last measurement (just before christmas) I was 17% BF I'm considered OBESE!.

The Doc told me to drop below 200lbs, lol..

A question for the big guys here. Have you ever tried to lose muscle size?

I tried explaining the difficulties of this to the doctor, but it was lost on him.

Oh yea, I also pointed out that I represent my command on the army Judo team too!.

Yup, I'm a fat bastard!.

thats crazy bro. 17% bodyfat is nothing. im sure mine is aound that and i dont look obese, fat, or even a little overweight at all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information