zimmy is offline Anabolic Member

funny commercials

You guys got any local commercials that are just really funny...like not even on purpose...they just are... for instants...down in houston we have these commercials that keep playing via our tax dollars...

"we give tickets to save lives" from our wonderful police dept :P

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    nausea heartburn indigestion upset stomach DIARRHEA!!!

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    You guys got any local commercials that are just really funny...like not even on purpose...they just are... for instants...down in houston we have these commercials that keep playing via our tax dollars...

"we give tickets to save lives" from our wonderful police dept :P
    pssst..... it's "instance"

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall

said it before...i spell like a 3rd grader Learned it at Rice :P

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    its okay, he does that to me all the time

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    its okay, he does that to me all the time
    I don't wanna be the annoyingly anal correcting guy and I ignore spelling mistakes in every thread I read, after all this is a bodybuilding board not an english language board, but when I see the wrong word being used I sometimes can't help but mention it and I genuinely do it in an attempt to be helpful.
    For instance when someone types "little lone" in the context of "let alone" I think I'm helping by pointing it out because the person has heard others say "let alone" in certain contexts and thinks that they're saying "little lone" and parrots it, albeit in the right context, but never really understands the phrase they're using.
    Make sense?

I don't wanna be the annoyingly anal correcting guy and I ignore spelling mistakes in every thread I read, after all this is a bodybuilding board not an english language board, but when I see the wrong word being used I sometimes can't help but mention it and I genuinely do it in an attempt to be helpful.
    For instance when someone types "little lone" in the context of "let alone" I think I'm helping by pointing it out because the person has heard others say "let alone" in certain contexts and thinks that they're saying "little lone" and parrots it, albeit in the right context, but never really understands the phrase they're using.
    Make sense?

Lol.. I assure you i know the difference in the 2, and totally understand the phrase. I grew up on IRC and that's where i learned to type. So i don't bother checking what i'm saying so that i can type it out just a little fast and keep conversations smooth. How alot of us do the net thang. Net speak does not need proper grammar or word usage

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    Lol.. I assure you i know the difference in the 2, and totally understand the phrase. I grew up on IRC and that's where i learned to type. So i don't bother checking what i'm saying so that i can type it out just a little fast and keep conversations smooth. How alot of us do the net thang. Net speak does not need proper grammar or word usage
    Relax dude, no need for the finger.
    I agree that netspeak does not require proper spelling/grammar but when you substitute one word for another with different meaning it does not "keep conversations smooth" for instance when people confuse to, two & too or their, there & they're or no & know all it does is slows conversation down because you have to read it 3 times to get the gist of it - it gives me a bloody headache!

Relax dude, no need for the finger.
    I agree that netspeak does not require proper spelling/grammar but when you substitute one word for another with different meaning it does not "keep conversations smooth" for instance when people confuse to, two & too or their, there & they're or no & know all it does is slows conversation down because you have to read it 3 times to get the gist of it - it gives me a bloody headache!

lol i didn't mean it offensively :P It was a jokingly finger

Thread Information