Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

This camera will be mine! Nikon D200

Isn't she sexy?

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    I think it would take me a minimum of 4 years to learn how to use that.

How much is that bad boy?

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    I think it would take me a minimum of 4 years to learn how to use that.

How much is that bad boy?
    A little better than $1600 for the body. My current flash and lenses should be good... I'm lookin' into my Sigma lenses now - there might be a conflict with the drivers for them.

nice, im not into photography at all, but im lookin to buy a new camera in the new future, prob a slim Cannon

jstanier is offline Junior Member
    I got a Nikon D50 at the moment, my first digital SLR! Having some great fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jstanier
    I got a Nikon D50 at the moment, my first digital SLR! Having some great fun with it.
    It seems my Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 EX Aspherical DF and APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX are compatible with the D200. They have had a press release about needing a firmware upgrade or something... but it effects the HSM models only. Mine are apparently not HSM...

Did you have any issues moving from film to your digital body? I currently have an F100 with those lenses and a SB-28 speedlight. I will have the D200 soon... not sure if I need to get some special digital-equiped lenses or mine will work fine. I do plan on grabing one of the Nikon 18-70mm AF-S DX f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED Nikkor Zoom Lens... going to need that wider focal length anyway...

The SB-28 apparently won't support TTL, but I can work around that. At least until I break down and just get a SB-800

nice, im not into photography at all, but im lookin to buy a new camera in the new future, prob a slim Cannon
    Canon bad, Nikon... gooooooood...

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Canon bad, Nikon... gooooooood...
    Canon's are decent for the average person who doesn't want to spend half a paycheck on a camera.

Just t is offline Junior Member
    thats a niceeeeeeeee camera!

BIGswang is offline Associate Member
    i have a cannon and i tried to get warrenty on the thing they wouldnt even fix it. and just to fix it alone is just as much as buying a new camera. I would never buy a cannon ever again they suck. Nikkon are pretty good

the_rebirth is offline Member
    NICE NICE NICE! im about to get that one myself here shortly!

hahaha you loser lol

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Canon is better than nikon.. IMO

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Canon's are decent for the average person who doesn't want to spend half a paycheck on a camera.
    Canon and Nikon both have Cameras for the avg consumer as well as those a little more advanced.

You really have to know what your looking for, in order to make an adequate judgement.

Truth be it both brands are comparable. - But on the more professional side, people have allegiances.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    I dont kno sheet about camera's nor do i want professional lookin photo's i just want something that is small and can take pics so i guess a Canon is good for me

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I dont kno sheet about camera's nor do i want professional lookin photo's i just want something that is small and can take pics so i guess a Canon is good for me
    Canon makes professionial (EOS Etc) and consumer cameras hun

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGswang
    i have a cannon and i tried to get warrenty on the thing they wouldnt even fix it. and just to fix it alone is just as much as buying a new camera. I would never buy a cannon ever again they suck. Nikkon are pretty good
    Cannon is a feminine hygine product waste management company..

That might be why..

Try contacting Canon next time

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    and the Rebel! I hear alot of good things about that one, but its too big for what i want.

Yeah, Canon and Nikon are the two big players. I think Reuters uses all the high-end Canon digital bodies these days. The guys I ran into in the Bulkans (Kosovo, Macedonia) were shooting with the latest Canon bodies - traders!

Freelancers and National Geographic-type professionals are contantly goin' back and forth between which company produces the better product. Personally, I think they are both good - but when you have a few thousand in Nikon or Cannon fitted lenses and lighting you are pretty much commited to that brand - and easily become an avangelist of sorts

I have never shot with the Canon bodies - Nikon never gave me a reason to look else where... the general feel, interface and quality is always spot on...

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Canon and Nikon both have Cameras for the avg consumer as well as those a little more advanced.

You really have to know what your looking for, in order to make an adequate judgement.

Truth be it both brands are comparable. - But on the more professional side, people have allegiances.
    I actually did go shopping. I was looking for a basic 5-7mp camera for about 200 Euro. The Nikon cameras (I think they were called Coolpix or something stupid like that) did retarded things like not including a viewfinder to justify the lower price. The shutterlag on the Nikon was like 1 second in "fast mode" or whatever they call it. The power up time was like 5 seconds! I ended up buying a Canon Powershot A540 for about 200.

Every review I read had Canon > Nikon for the 200 Euro price range.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    is that camera a 35mm digi? that would be teh secks.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Yeah, Canon and Nikon are the two big players. I think Reuters uses all the high-end Canon digital bodies these days. The guys I ran into in the Bulkans (Kosovo, Macedonia) were shooting with the latest Canon bodies - traders!

Freelancers and National Geographic-type professionals are contantly goin' back and forth between which company produces the better product. Personally, I think they are both good - but when you have a few thousand in Nikon or Cannon fitted lenses and lighting you are pretty much commited to that brand - and easily become an avangelist of sorts

I have never shot with the Canon bodies - Nikon never gave me a reason to look else where... the general feel, interface and quality is always spot on...
    Sandly once u make a commitment - u really don't change overe- the lense are almost or more expesive than the bodies and are not comaptible withe the competitor - suprised??? hahah

Mizfit is offline Banned
    True camera buffs- not just your avg consumer - have allegiances and they will not sway - i am Canon all the way and my opinion will not change unless there is some great technology that comes out that sets them behind the competition - highly unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    is that camera a 35mm digi? that would be teh secks.
    it's probaly both

Thread Information