View Poll Results: What's your favorite action cartoon growing up as a kid?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Voltron

3 7.32%
  • Thundercats

8 19.51%
  • He man

7 17.07%
  • Go-bots

0 0%
  • Transformers

13 31.71%
  • Gi Joe

10 24.39%
  • Mask

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member

Best childhood action cartoon ever?

Well I know you watched them so what's it going to be...

I'm a big GI Joe and Transformer guy, used to have all that shit.
    Last edited by Vegas Kid; 06-20-2002 at 04:16 PM.

BiosThornton is offline Junior Member
    I'll go with GI Joe since you did not list Bugs Bunny and the other Looney Toons. Ninja Turtles rocked too.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    looney tunes would have been my pic but since it wasnt i have to go with Thundercats

i was a druggie in highschool and old school metallica went perfect to thundercats with the sound off.. naturally you had to be high to get it tho hehe

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    The old Saturday morning cartoons rocked! Grape Ape, Jabberjaw, Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch, Hong Kong Phooey, Space Ghost, The Herculoids, The Super Friends and all of the School House Rock songs.

They even had great live action shows on Saturday mornings: Electrowoman and Dynagirl (starring Mary Hart), The Land of the Lost, Bigfoot and Wildboy, The Kids From Caper, Big John - Little John, The Croft Super Show starring Captain Cool and the Kongs as well as The Bay City Rollers variety show (another Sid and Marty Croft creation)

Some old Japanese cartoons that did well over here were Battle of teh Planets (G-Force) and Starblazers (The Spaceship Yamomoto)

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Voted for Voltron, but would have gone for some good old Tom and Jerry, or Speed Racer.

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    and all of the School House Rock songs.
    What a dork !
    Just kidding i used to watch it every saturday too.
    G.I joe all the way. Even tho heman was jacked.
    Remember poppels Little furry looking things that folded into a ball...
    Sometimes i wonder how i grew up straight .
    Last edited by RageControl; 06-20-2002 at 10:24 PM.

LOL

Originally posted by Pete235
    The old Saturday morning cartoons rocked! Grape Ape, Jabberjaw, Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch, Hong Kong Phooey, Space Ghost, The Herculoids, The Super Friends and all of the School House Rock songs.

They even had great live action shows on Saturday mornings: Electrowoman and Dynagirl (starring Mary Hart), The Land of the Lost, Bigfoot and Wildboy, The Kids From Caper, Big John - Little John, The Croft Super Show starring Captain Cool and the Kongs as well as The Bay City Rollers variety show (another Sid and Marty Croft creation)

Some old Japanese cartoons that did well over here were Battle of teh Planets (G-Force) and Starblazers (The Spaceship Yamomoto)
    I agree with you fully Pete. The problem with your selection is that for most of the people on this board, old school cartoons for them didn't really consist of anything older than Thundercats. By the way, I thought I was the only one that remembered G-force. What was their ship called again, The Firey Pheonex??? Anyway, what about the good old Smurfs. C'mon guys, I know you wanna poke fun at me for watching such a kiddy cartoon, but don't play it off as though you didn't watch it either. I pitty the kids now adays. Barney, Teletubbys, Poke/Digimon!!! Oh and of course lets not forget the "Mighty Morphen Beelborgs Powerangers something ruther. To anyone who thinks this is anything new. They're nothing more than old Voltron rip offs. And I do mean "Old" voltron. It's been aroung for a while with half a dozen different versions.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    GI Joe, He-Man, Thundercats, Mask, Smurfs (that's right, i said it), She-ra(She was hot), Ghostbusters

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Transfomers, but why arent Simpsons in the poll? Cant get any better then that.

BTW whats the name of the cartoon with the cars with the hooks on top? That was a good one to.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Space Ghost like a mother f**ker.

GI Joe if it's coming from the list

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by Neo
    GI Joe, He-Man, Thundercats, Mask, Smurfs (that's right, i said it), She-ra(She was hot), Ghostbusters
    LOL bro! Smurfs own!

BiosThornton is offline Junior Member
    Old School X-Men too...
    Remember poppels Little furry looking things that folded into a ball...
    LOL I feel ya! Me and brother used to have poppel fights. We held them by the tail and whacked each other in the head. Anyone remember Wuzzles??

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Re: LOL

Originally posted by THE BIG RED MACHINE
    I agree with you fully Pete. The problem with your selection is that for most of the people on this board, old school cartoons for them didn't really consist of anything older than Thundercats.
    Yeah I know BRM...maybe my selections belong in the over 30 forum

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Go Go Gadget rediject

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Vegas, you left the best cartoon ever out...Smurfs. This is my favorite and I love Smurfette. Hefty Smurf is pretty sweet as well.

How about Astro Boy? That had to be one of my first Asian cartoon hooks. Now I'm on a Dragonball Z kick. Ya, I know.......Im 26.

Big Show 23 Guest

I must admit I'm surprised

Originally posted by THE BIG RED MACHINE

I agree with you fully Pete. The problem with your selection is that for most of the people on this board, old school cartoons for them didn't really consist of anything older than Thundercats. By the way, I thought I was the only one that remembered G-force. What was their ship called again, The Firey Pheonex??? Anyway, what about the good old Smurfs. C'mon guys, I know you wanna poke fun at me for watching such a kiddy cartoon, but don't play it off as though you didn't watch it either.
    I must admit that I'm surprised that so many people on this forum like to/enjoyed watching cartoons.I wouldn't have pictured "muscle heads" having fond memories of watching 'toons.And in response to Big Red Machine,I'm familiar with alot of the classic cartoons(specifically Hanna Barbera and WB)I grew up watch such classic toons as Scooby Doo,Tom & Jerry,Popeye the Sailor,Smurfs,Hong Kong Phooey, The Super Friends and all of the School House Rock songs.Man that takes me back to the days.
    I only wish I had Cartoon Network and Boomerrang so that I could watch classic cartoons from my child hood.One of my guilty little pleasures is actually d/l old cartoons from Kazaa,plus I'm a huge anime fan.I give you "props" as you Americans say for actually admiting that you enjoy(ed) watching cartoons it shows a lot of courage and maturity.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    The Smurfs.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    The Smurfs.
    YYEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! I knew i wasn't the only one.

Excess, what do you think about the Christmas speacial. It is the only cartoon that gets me in the spirit of Christmas.

Sorry about the limit in selections but I was just asking for the action one's. There are too many other great ones like the Smurfs for example to put all on a list.

Cartoons were great, now they fucking suck. I feel sorry for kids now, shitty toys and shitty shoes.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Has anybody ever seen Stunt Dawgs. TTKB time to kick butt.

swampthing is offline Junior Member
    I have to agree with Pete. When I was a kid Sat. mornings were the best.

Grape ape, Grape ape!!

steele175 is offline New Member
    gi joe all the way! "and knowing is half the battle"

John Hubbard is offline Associate Member
    Looney tunes was my favorite.

realer is offline Associate Member
    Transformers and thundercats all the way. man i couldnt get enough of that stuff.

David B. is offline Member

Re: Best childhood action cartoon ever?

Originally posted by Vegas Kid
    Well I know you watched them so what's it going to be...
    Jeez you guys are young!

When I was a kid, about the closest thing they had to action cartoons was Johnny Quest, Astro Boy, Underdog, Mighty Mouse, and Supercar. <G>

Best Saturday Morning Cartoon Ever -- Bullwinkle!!!

--dnb

Zoolander is offline Junior Member
    Loved Transformers, Mask, BraveStarr, SilverHawks, Galaxy Rangers and He Man and Fat Albert.

Had a whole collection of these toys but sadly I gave them away.
    Should have kept them cause they now are collectables. (dang!)

Can Anyone remember the title of this midevil cartoon which the knights had the ability to change into the animal which was on their Shields???? and armour.??

They don't make Cartoons like they used to. (sigh)

Zoolander is offline Junior Member
    Go here:

http://www.yesterdayland.com/

It will bring you back to your childhood.

Cool Site Promise

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I still love transformers(beastwars), and i still watch old thundercat reruns, it really is hard to choose just one, but of all those cartoons i would have to say that when i was young i wanted to be either a junior woodchuck, or Gizmoman. Giro was a pretty impressive intelect, and londgepad was just straight ignorant.

As i go back to when i was a Nick kid, i can recall the Mr Wizard show, Pinwill( i still remember the pinwill song), and the "Todays Special" show.

Theen soon after i would hop along the "cartoon express" on USA Network, that was the shit.

The fucking Gummy Bears kicked some ass too. Do any of you remember Space Hawk? that was a pimp cartoon too.

Damn now im starting to miss the old days

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    silver hawk is what i was thinking of

BIG R is offline Member
    I was totally a Transformers fan. I used to watch them every saturday morning. I had almost the whole dam collection. A close second was a cartoon called Spiderman and his amazing friends, it had Ice man and Firestar........Sometimes there was guest appearances from the X-Men in certian episodes. I have been the biggest X-men fan since I was in the 3rd-4th grade. Hell, I watched the Transformer movie and GI joe Movie just recently. I think that you never really grow up.............Unless you were an abused kid or something.

Peace,
    Ruben

Originally posted by BigMike J

As i go back to when i was a Nick kid, i can recall the Mr Wizard show, Pinwill( i still remember the pinwill song), and the "Todays Special" show.

Mr Wizard was the shit, but how can you forget about You Can't do That on Television and Double Dare!

Nothing better than the school chef saying "Guess what's in the burger?"

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    Yo don't get started on sat morning cartoons. And by the way all those shows kickes a$$

I can sing the theme songs to them.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    Definitely GI JOE or transformers, those both rocked.
    -Cy

You Can't Do That On Television

Originally posted by Vegas Kid

Mr Wizard was the shit, but how can you forget about You Can't do That on Television and Double Dare!

Nothing better than the school chef saying "Guess what's in the burger?"

Can't forget Barf the chefs "DaaaahhhhhhIheardthat."

Anyone Remember a very young Allansis Morisette from that show?

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    without question-GIjoe, and im canadien!

Mrs. T is offline Female Member
    The cartoons in the poll were actually made AFTER my childhood, but my favorite to watch with my kids were He-man and She-ra. My own personal favorites were Felix the Cat and Woody Woodpecker.
    Mrs. T
    "We can change the world when we change ourselves. And the energy of our consciousness, like the energy of all light, continues into the eternity. When there is light in the soul there will be beauty in the person. When there is beauty in the person there will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home there will order in the nation. When there is order in the nation there will be peace in the world."
    - Chinese Proverb

nuke is offline Member
    OMG !! I am in the over 30 crowd and I must give a shout to ( SUPERFRIENDS and THE LEAGUE OF JUSTICE , THE LEGION OF DOOM and friends ) Can i get some for Mr Maggoo, that old man killed me !

BigLou is offline New Member
    Are you guys kidding?! He-Man was the biggest meathead cartoon of all time. I loved it so much. As I watched it over again as an adult, I noticed that his sword represented steroids because whenever he used it, he got tanned up and ripped. Not to mention his strength went way up. He even sauced up his pet cat.

Here is Skeletor giving a biceps shot. He had great genetics too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best childhood cartoon ever?-pwp134.jpg  

BigLou is offline New Member
    He-Man was such a playa!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best childhood cartoon ever?-rev22pic44.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information