Liftnainez is offline Banned

Soccer Players are Pu$$ies!!

Im sorry but this is to much.. I like soccer- If im playing it or watching it I think its pretty good.. As I sit here and watch these worldcup matches I start to realise what a bunch of fake whining bitches these guys act like.. I mean it is such a show.. one second their "knocked out" "ankle is broken, and then the next second their sprinting at 50mph down the field.. Im sorry but that fake shit pisses me off.. anybody else see this/agree with this???

*not all, but most soccer players..

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I hate the flops too. I played through college and never saw the kind of flops that I see now when its the highest level of soccer out there. Ahh well. Same thing happens in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    I hate the flops too. I played through college and never saw the kind of flops that I see now when its the highest level of soccer out there. Ahh well. Same thing happens in the NBA.
    yea but soccer is just ridiculous... 10 times worse than the nba flopping...

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    I hear what you are saying but it's all part of the game to try to draw yellow and red cards for the other team.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    those guys are some of the toughest and fit guys on the planet

mcpeepants is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by style74
    I hear what you are saying but it's all part of the game to try to draw yellow and red cards for the other team.
    definitely agree

Fit..

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    those guys are some of the toughest and fit guys on the planet
    Yes they are!!! Hey is that you in the avatar with the screened in pool area...too many bugs in florida!! lol...

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Thank you.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Ya I grew up playing soccer and now to see how bad its gotten it really pisses me off. It's just ridiculous. I mean what the hell would happen if these guys actually got kicked in the face with cleats? I think they might actually die. Its pathetic, you watch amateur soccer or whatever and it never happens. If someone ever kicked me or anything I would say "SHIT" because it hurt and then keep playing I would fall over and cry. They are grown men for god sakes its pathetic.

Especially the last world cup, I think it was Rivaldo from Brazil who got a ball kicked at him when he was going to take a corner and he falls over holding his face when the ball hit his legs. I mean aren't they embarassed doing this?

beuleux is offline Banned
    unfortunately "diving" has become just another game plan tactic and it seems to work, half the time the replays show they were not even touched but by then the guy already has a yellow card and has conceeded a free kick... man i wish i recovered from injury that quick

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Ya I grew up playing soccer and now to see how bad its gotten it really pisses me off. It's just ridiculous. I mean what the hell would happen if these guys actually got kicked in the face with cleats? I think they might actually die. Its pathetic, you watch amateur soccer or whatever and it never happens. If someone ever kicked me or anything I would say "SHIT" because it hurt and then keep playing I would fall over and cry. They are grown men for god sakes its pathetic.

Especially the last world cup, I think it was Rivaldo from Brazil who got a ball kicked at him when he was going to take a corner and he falls over holding his face when the ball hit his legs. I mean aren't they embarassed doing this?
    Ahh yesss.

The infamous "Spoof injry by Rivaldo"

I remember this clearly now.

"Some argue that Rivaldo's early performance at the 2002 World Cup event was tainted by his unsporting behaviour in the group match against Turkey. In the closing stages of the match, Turkish defender Hakan Ünsal kicked a ball hard towards Rivaldo, who was waiting at the corner flag and hit his thigh. Rivaldo fell over holding his hands to his face instead. The referee sent the Turkish player off with a second yellow card. After a video review Rivaldo was fined $4,500 (USD) by FIFA for 'simulation'."

Wikipedia.

swolehouse22 is offline Banned
    The reason they do that crap is bc its the 'world cup'. They all try to get every advantage over the other team by any means of doing so. If it means flop and fake it to get the call, by all means, they do it. I agree, the world cup shouldn't be a drama play to see who can pull off the best fall. They need to stop being such pu**ies and play at the capabilty that got them there in the first place. I do however give props to the US team. Despite the fact that they played like crap, they didn't go out hurt unless they were about to die. Look where that got them though...knocked out. It seems that in order to win you need to be drama queens. Its quite pathetic.
    Last edited by swolehouse22; 06-25-2006 at 05:40 PM.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Its like a player in the NBA taking a charge with a flop...or pansy ass Dwyane Wade flopping all over the floor when he is nicked by a defender and throwing up some crap at the rim to get some free throws.

I am bitter about Miami beating Detroit sorry. But anyways unfortunately diving is part of world soccer now, and its bad because the referee's are getting ALL the blame because they try to enforce the rules with yellow and red cards.

soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member
    they're doing it for tactical reasons and probably most players get instructed by their coaches to do so.. its a part of the game, unfortunately

I'd rather watch a sport like rugby or hockey where they are encouraged to beat the shit out of each other

To the people saying its part of the sport- your telling me the coach tells you to flop like a panzy and roll around the floor for 10 min yelling that you broke your ankle and then go sprint for the next 90 min.. I guess I understand their trying to help their team I just think they do it in a pussy way..

This thread is going nowhere!!!

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Soccer is just plain retarded. If your on a soccer team and they actually play a lot there is only one thing soccer is good for and thats cardio IMO.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Soccer is for golf fans!!!!

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    This thread is going nowhere!!!
    this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Liftnainez
    To the people saying its part of the sport- your telling me the coach tells you to flop like a panzy and roll around the floor for 10 min yelling that you broke your ankle and then go sprint for the next 90 min.. I guess I understand their trying to help their team I just think they do it in a pussy way..
    yep.. if u have a player on ur team who can take freekicks like beckham ur coach is going to tell u throw urself down around the 18 box and hope that the ref will call a few freekicks to ur team and hopefully get a goal on em.

and if ur up 1-0 in a tight game u gonna have players fakin injuries in order to run the clock. or even have players take the ball down to the corner and hold it there to run the clock. its all tactical.

its so common nowadays that everybody does this...

its chess not checkers

Quote Originally Posted by soccer#3
    yep.. if u have a player on ur team who can take freekicks like beckham ur coach is going to tell u throw urself down around the 18 box and hope that the ref will call a few freekicks to ur team and hopefully get a goal on em.

and if ur up 1-0 in a tight game u gonna have players fakin injuries in order to run the clock. or even have players take the ball down to the corner and hold it there to run the clock. its all tactical.

its so common nowadays that everybody does this...
    see thats the thing with AMERICANS

Don't think im anti american by what i say here, please. What i'm saying has some truth to it.

With americans it's all wham bam thank you ma'am, even if sportsmanship is compromised
    a lot of american people think soccer, tennis, boxing, formula 1 are all boring because they are all european influenced sports, where the sport is about maintaining character and sportsma-like behaviour. That's right european sports are like chess games.

While with american counterparts of the european sports like football, ice hockey (yes there is a field hockey), nascar, there is always an element of recklessness and sometimes not always sportsman like conduct. It's less strategy, more action, type of things.

I guess it comes down to what you like, in your sports.

Just my $0.02

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    ALL Y'all stop crying its a part of the fukcing game. its world cup for god sake. its the BIGGEST game on the freaking planet. Its called strategy. If you were in their position you would do the same gad damn thing.. If you dont like it dont watch it, turn to tennis.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    ALL Y'all stop crying its a part of the fukcing game. its world cup for god sake. its the BIGGEST game on the freaking planet. Its called strategy. If you were in their position you would do the same gad damn thing.. If you dont like it dont watch it, turn to tennis.
    Or snore-ball. (Baseball)

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    why do people think watching tennis is boring???

Or even squash for that matter?

Tennis is pretty good actually.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    opinion. I like watching baseball 10x more than any other sport on tv. NFL & Hockey bore me mainly..

Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt
    see thats the thing with AMERICANS

Don't think im anti american by what i say here, please. What i'm saying has some truth to it.

With americans it's all wham bam thank you ma'am, even if sportsmanship is compromised
    a lot of american people think soccer, tennis, boxing, formula 1 are all boring because they are all european influenced sports, where the sport is about maintaining character and sportsma-like behaviour. That's right european sports are like chess games.

While with american counterparts of the european sports like football, ice hockey (yes there is a field hockey), nascar, there is always an element of recklessness and sometimes not always sportsman like conduct. It's less strategy, more action, type of things.

I guess it comes down to what you like, in your sports.

Just my $0.02
    not an anti american comment.. and i agree wit u

the mentality for sports here varies wit the ones in other countries especially in europe

tank2005 is offline Banned
    one of the best games ever ...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a92yX...20%20liverpool

MAJOR25 is offline Member
    #1........Fake injuries are all part of the game
    #2........Some times the referee doesn't call the real fouls
    #3........This Shit happens In almost Every Sport.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tank2005
    one of the best games ever ...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a92yX...20%20liverpool

some people are just not getting my point but thats ok.. btw i do like soccer.. i dont see that shit happening in football, tennis, baseball, pretty much any other sport excpect make a LITTLE bit in basketball.. a flop here and there- nothing like that other bullshit.. whatever

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    it may be bullsh1t and irritating as hell, but the only way to end it would to be have instant replay which is impossible in soccer. for now faking injuries is a big part of the game. good dives have set up many goals, and yea i LOVE soccer but still wish they could get rid of that sh1t.

also for someone who doesnt know soccer it looks really bad

beuleux is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    it may be bullsh1t and irritating as hell, but the only way to end it would to be have instant replay which is impossible in soccer. for now faking injuries is a big part of the game. good dives have set up many goals, and yea i LOVE soccer but still wish they could get rid of that sh1t.

very true... the technology is there to have replays within seconds on the big screen maybe it will shame those pussies into more sporting behaviour

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666

They should have a rule where the team coaches can contest a call or make the refs review the tapes like 3 times in a game. This World Cup has had horrible officiating, I mean it's a downright shame....

Thread Information