beuleux is offline Banned

i hate half reps rant

does anyone else hate to see guys who do half reps of every excersice and walk round the gym punching the air with ILS (imaginary lat syndrome) like theyve just performed some amazing feat of strength the only thing amazing is thier level of stupidity to think that nobodies gonna notice thier sloppy technique, by half reps i mean behind the neck soulder press where they touch the top of thier head with the bar and press the bar or squats where they load the bar with every plate in the gym and then go about one quarter of the way to parralell and then they talk to thier buddy about what a good lift it was who is usually a scrawny guy who is too spineless to say what rubbish technique he has... or am i being too picky, im sure this subject has been ranted about before, just not by me lol... rant rant
    Last edited by beuleux; 06-27-2006 at 04:07 AM.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    yea i hardly ever see someone squat but when i do they usually put on 5-45lbers on each side and squat down maybe an inch...ohhh well they can do as they please though

stee is offline Member
    maybe they have reached a plateau and are doing partial reps for a while to keep their body guessing. doing partial reps from time to time will help increse your 1RM.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    They might not know the right technique.. and whats worse when you try to help them - they justify what they're doing

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Shit I never try to help anyone, i get fusterated when they give me advice though.

The owner of my gym use to be really into BBing and use to compete. He has pictures and he was looking really good back in the day.

He does like 25% of rep and I'm not even kidding. Watching him you can tell he is really focusing in on the muscle he is working though trying to keep it contracted and only use it. I just don't see how it can be as effective as a larger range of motion.

I use shorter reps though on some exercises, I have REALLY long arms so I never touch my chest doing bench, just go until my arms are even with the bench and my back.

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    i see people load the bar up and have a spotter who lifts most of the weight ,as you can see him straining as much as the person doing the lifting,wtf? retards.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    They might not know the right technique.. and whats worse when you try to help them - they justify what they're doing

yea, its almost better to leave it alone

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I really dont care. Their idiocy will yield no results. I mean cme on, I was a rookie at one point and I never did things like that. I researched, observed, watched and learned. Just typical of ignorant and lazy people, so I just let it be.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by beuleux
    does anyone else hate to see guys who do half reps of every excersice and walk round the gym punching the air with ILS (imaginary lat syndrome) like theyve just performed some amazing feat of strength the only thing amazing is thier level of stupidity to think that nobodies gonna notice thier sloppy technique, by half reps i mean behind the neck soulder press where they touch the top of thier head with the bar and press the bar or squats where they load the bar with every plate in the gym and then go about one quarter of the way to parralell and then they talk to thier buddy about what a good lift it was who is usually a scrawny guy who is too spineless to say what rubbish technique he has... or am i being too picky, im sure this subject has been ranted about before, just not by me lol... rant rant

i hate it when guys do sh_t lke that on all their exercises, but to be honest, doing partial reps can actually be beneficial in making your tendons stronger. for example, if you wanted to up your bench like 80 pounds, it would help if you loaded up the bar with a sh_t load of weight, and did reps only going down 2-3 inches. i know it looks dumb, but it can actually help increase your strength

chest6 is offline Banned
    I see it mostly during squats and leg presses. I hate ppl that go down halfway on bench or military then theyre like "Oh yeah, its cuz its bad on your shoulders to go down all the way"

i heard it actually is bad to go too far down on bench. but i really doubt its bad to go down real far on military press. hell, i think it feels great to go down as far as i possibly can on millitary press.

Quote Originally Posted by stee
    maybe they have reached a plateau and are doing partial reps for a while to keep their body guessing. doing partial reps from time to time will help increse your 1RM.
    what a crock of shite... partial reps for yrs on end... its the same guys half-repping all the time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    i heard it actually is bad to go too far down on bench. but i really doubt its bad to go down real far on military press. hell, i think it feels great to go down as far as i possibly can on millitary press.
    u cant go too far down on bench can u... the bar hits ur chest then its time to go back up

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    exactly right... who are these jokers trying to kid

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    I really dont care. Their idiocy will yield no results. I mean cme on, I was a rookie at one point and I never did things like that. I researched, observed, watched and learned. Just typical of ignorant and lazy people, so I just let it be.
    yeh we were all beginers once but these guys arnt beginers they are long time gym users, i rant about rookies in another thread, there is this one guy who puts 300 kilos at least on the bar to shrug with practically welds himself to the bar with strapping then doesnt move the bar at all and just nods his head like hes repping with it, really is funny as hell to watch

Superhuman is offline Banned
    I did partial reps today at the end of my workout because I was tired... they work! Some people have shoulder injuries and can't go past their head when they press. I have very long arms and very long legs, so when I squat I go ALMOST 90 degrees - but it works for me so I don't care what people think.

u cant go too far down on bench can u... the bar hits ur chest then its time to go back up

i heard its not good to have your elbows go below your torso on bench. who knows though, theres alot of bad info out there

you know, I encourage people to do stupid sh*t like that in the gym - it just makes us look better, right?

yeh we were all beginers once but these guys arnt beginers they are long time gym users, i rant about rookies in another thread, there is this one guy who puts 300 kilos at least on the bar to shrug with practically welds himself to the bar with strapping then doesnt move the bar at all and just nods his head like hes repping with it, really is funny as hell to watch

haha, that is pretty funny

i heard its not good to have your elbows go below your torso on bench. who knows though, theres alot of bad info out there
    man are u serious thats only halfway down... who told u that, my granny

man are u serious thats only halfway down... who told u that, my granny

im pretty sure i heard it in some powerlifting video. some guy back in the 70s used to use a special bar that would let him go even further down, but it really screwed up his shoulders in the long run

im pretty sure i heard it in some powerlifting video. some guy back in the 70s used to use a special bar that would let him go even further down, but it really screwed up his shoulders in the long run
    please tell me u let the bar touch ur chest bro

please tell me u let the bar touch ur chest bro

actually i do. i dont think ive ever done partial reps to increase my max. thats what dbol is for

actually i do. i dont think ive ever done partial reps to increase my max. thats what dbol is for

phew u had me worried for a sec lol

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    I did partial reps today at the end of my workout because I was tired... they work! Some people have shoulder injuries and can't go past their head when they press. I have very long arms and very long legs, so when I squat I go ALMOST 90 degrees - but it works for me so I don't care what people think.
    almost 90 degress is fine ur not part of my rant lol

you know what i think is even funnier than partial reps?

is when guys have their frineds spot them and end up doing only half the work... or the way this one guy does lat pull downs at my gym. looks like a reverse power clean or something.

almost 90 degress is fine ur not part of my rant lol
    okay, that's good to hear

i just thought of something funny. thats if some guy tried sticking his face in my door like in your avatar. haha, id get a running start and plow into the door, probably breaking the fools face.

i just thought of something funny. thats if some guy tried sticking his face in my door like in your avatar. haha, id get a running start and plow into the door, probably breaking the fools face.
    lmao, now that would be funny... specialy if u got a spotter to help u and do most of the work lol

lmao, now that would be funny... specialy if u got a spotter to help u and do most of the work lol

oh man, two guys charging at the door with some guys face in it?

haha, that would be horrible.

honestly bro, i wish someone would stick their face in my front door like that. id put my 12 gauge shotgun to their forhead and watch that expression of malice turn into absolute terror

one of my fave movies... cant even remember how he dies now, dont think some musclebound dude blows his head of though lol

one of my fave movies... cant even remember how he dies now, dont think some musclebound dude blows his head of though lol

haha oh man, thats funny. its too bad more movies dont end like that.

how cool would that be? the big bad guy is about to catch up with the teenage girl hes chasing, when all of a sudden, a roided out gorilla of a man walks out with a gauge and blasts the guy in the head. sounds good to me

i wish more movie were realistic - like twister for example, How the hell do they stand up and walk around no problem when they're like 20ft away from a huge tornado with 100mph winds?

Thread Information