anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive

Im an idiot, come make fun of me!!

ive done stupid things before but lastnight was prolly one of the most careless things ive ever done. i spent 2 hours in the hospital with problems breathing. i have the home IV stuff that i have to do everyday. i have to set up the line and run the medication into my arm. well stupid me who knows plenty about problems with air bubbles, i didnt flush my line before i hooked it up. basically i had a line full of air when i hooked it up to my arm and let the medication drip all the way down the line to realize that i just pumped prolly 3cc atleast of air into me!! at first i wasnt sure if thats how it works, if there really is air going in, but then i start caughing, little pain in my chest and start gasping for air!! scared as hell i called the nurse. it never got too serious but it felt like i was having an asthma attack. i was planning on going to the hospital as i know from my emt class to never mess around with respiratory problems. that is what the nurse advised me to do. so i went there and sat in the waiting room for 2 hours. felt 100 percent better. not a problem breathing so i got up and walked out. it was already 10pm and i felt fine. i figured 2 and half hours later, something woulda happend already.

i sure as hell made sure i hooked it up right today!

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    dam bro...thats some serious shit...ur lucky u didnt really **** urself up...what med is it?..

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Sounds like scary stuff. Glad your ok bro. Take it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    dam bro...thats some serious shit...ur lucky u didnt really **** urself up...what med is it?..
    its called vancomyicin. its a strong antibiotic that rids the body of infections. i supposedly have a minor staph infection in my knee..

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Damn dude...I big enough air pocket will stop your heart, don't mess around with that!

Homeguard is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    .............prolly one of the most careless things ive ever done............

Damned straight !!!!!

Glad u ok though

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    crazy shit .... glad to hear ur ok

BADASS323 is offline AR'S BAD ATTITUDE
    glad to hear your o.k. bro. dont you just love going to the emergency room!! it's like waiting to die!! lol...

Thanks guys. im tired of all these damn problems!! then i was walking with my crutches to the car in the garage and stepped off the curb and landed wrong. my knee twisted, i thought i was gonna hit the ground. 3 weeks after surgery! glad nothing bad happend then tho. my knee isnt in anymore pain after that..

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS323
    glad to hear your o.k. bro. dont you just love going to the emergency room!! it's like waiting to die!! lol...
    absolutly... i got soo mad because they were calling in people that came after me! they didnt look like they needed to be rushed either. one chick was holding a rag to her ear. didnt know what was going on but compared to someone who cant breathe it shouldnt of happend imo..

Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    absolutly... i got soo mad because they were calling in people that came after me! they didnt look like they needed to be rushed either. one chick was holding a rag to her ear. didnt know what was going on but compared to someone who cant breathe it shouldnt of happend imo..
    hey,dont be selfish!!! everyone who works in an er KNOWS an ear infection from a bad earring takes priority...

off topic--anabrolic, i just noticed we share the same b-day...9-3-RULES

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    it sucks that you had to sit there for 2 hourss.

Thread Information