gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

personal trainer

i was thinking of getting certified for this. But i had some questions. Fist there are a bunch of places that cert you and prices range from $50 to $600 Most places highering say you have to be cert. but dont state by who so does it matter if you go with a cheaper one. Also i was wondering if i could really make a living doing this i'm just not happy with my job that i have now. Well any opinions on doing this or anyone that has please let me know thanks

ptbyjason Guest
    You need to find a good certification....ACE, ACSM, I can't even remember all of the good one's anymore. But you have to remember, this is something you are looking at doing for how long? The rest of your life? What about retirement? I think it is a great job, don't get me wrong. You can make great money, set your own schedule, and have a lot of fun doing it. You just have to decide if you want to do this for the short term or long term.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i took the ACE cert

it was good.and then alot of CEU's(more you keeping up cert than the info they provided) and college courses(which transferred to CEU credits).

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i'm thinking of going with the NSCA cert. I would like to get into this but depends if i can survive enough on it. I'm sure its going to take a few years to get really into it. But willing to put the time into something i like as long as its going to be worth it

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i did it as a time killer

i did it because i had alot of free time and i like being in the gym.i know all the bigger gyms by you since you're in toms river.they don't pay alot(like Kum Sung, WOW, and Powerhouse) but if you have a strong client base you can make some side cash.it's really only good IMO if you market yourself strongly and spend alot of time in the gym where people knwo you by seeing you alot in that area.like i said just my past experience w/ it.

ptbyjason Guest
    That is by far the hardest part of personal training...building a good client base. Plus, if you are planning on moving anytime soon, just remember you have to start over. I loved it until I had to move twice in 3 years. It makes it tough, especially in smaller towns (as was my case).

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    the guy who runs my gym said he looks for ACE or ACSM.

Thread Information